Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Groundhopping

Comments

• edited July 2017
    I'm on 53/92 I believe. Hoping to add a few more this season.
  • i use away days that is only the 92 and national league though
  • This is worldwide . Highly recommend it. There is a free version which you can't list your games but for £3 u can't go wrong. It shows results from all clubs history to a certain point and allows you to click on all games you've been to across each season. Can also input others that may be a bit out of the ordinary but the amount of grounds actually on there is unreal
  • AFC Rushden & Diamonds make it into their new home this season, ground share with Rushden town which makes a lot of sense, ground improvements and some much needed stability for both.
  • Footballgroundmap.com is the ultimate.

If you've got an iPhone or android. I'd highly recommend the groundhopper app though mate, easy to use too
  • Welwyn Garden City 2 North Greenford 4, an extra-preliminary round FA Cup game.

A very basic ground but a very friendly club.
  • Saltdean 0 Worthing 1, paid att 23 with a headcount of 47.

A shocking game with the highlight of big verbals before the game which needed the ref to talk to the two players concerned.

Programme produced but alas no badge to add to the collection.
  • I've been to 70 of the current league grounds. Have also seen us play at the old grounds of: Brighton, Bristol Rovers, Bradford, Oxford, Wimbledon, Northampton, Shrewsbury, Barnet.

Also been to Dagenham, Lincoln, Stockport & Tranmere, who have slipped into the NL.

Sorry, but what is the old ground of Bradford?
  • Sponsored links:

• I've been to 70 of the current league grounds. Have also seen us play at the old grounds of: Brighton, Bristol Rovers, Bradford, Oxford, Wimbledon, Northampton, Shrewsbury, Barnet.

Also been to Dagenham, Lincoln, Stockport & Tranmere, who have slipped into the NL.

Not an old ground as such but they played at The Odsal after the fire.

From memory our game up there was midweek. A terrific tick for anybody that done this one.

From memory our game up there was midweek. A terrific tick for anybody that done this one.
    It was midweek, a 2 1 win in our promotion season.
  • cafc4life said:

Footballgroundmap.com is the ultimate.

If you've got an iPhone or android. I'd highly recommend the groundhopper app though mate, easy to use too
    Groundhopper doesn't have great coverage for obscure grounds around the world - went to a match in the Japanese 4th division and couldn't add it, gave up after that.
  • se9addick said:

cafc4life said:

Footballgroundmap.com is the ultimate.

Groundhopper doesn't have great coverage for obscure grounds around the world - went to a match in the Japanese 4th division and couldn't add it, gave up after that.
    Great tick that mate.

I bet the programme was a great read!
  • If anyone has a programme from the game at Odsal from 85-86 season I am keen to buy one, I did go to the game but didn't get a programme and have been hunting for one for a number of years.

To get back to the thread subject - I will be going to Stenhousemuir v Berwick in September
  • edited August 2017
    Will be adding 2 new grounds over the next couple of Months. Bilbao (v Girona) and Lazio (v Cagliari). Roma also at home during my time in Rome so aim to attend that game as well.
  • Will be adding 2 new grounds over the next couple of Months. Bilbao (v Girona) and Lazio (v Girona). Roma also at home during my time in Rome so aim to attend that game as well.

You got tickets for these games yet mate
  • edited August 2017
    cafc4life said:

Will be adding 2 new grounds over the next couple of Months. Bilbao (v Girona) and Lazio (v Cagliari). Roma also at home during my time in Rome so aim to attend that game as well.

Not yet mate. the games is rome will be easy as they never sell out, so will buy when I'm there. Bilbao tickets I'll buy online when they go on sale (usually about 10 days before the game)
  • If anyone has a programme from the game at Odsal from 85-86 season I am keen to buy one, I did go to the game but didn't get a programme and have been hunting for one for a number of years.

To get back to the thread subject - I will be going to Stenhousemuir v Berwick in September

Enjoy the view of the Ochil Hills, I used to be able to see the other side of them from my house when I lived there.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc4life said:

Not yet mate. the games is rome will be easy as they never sell out, so will buy when I'm there. Bilbao tickets I'll buy online when they go on sale (usually about 10 days before the game)

If you get the chance and are looking for another game to go to , see if CF Barakaldo are at home that weekend Mate. Lower division team but tidy little ground , they played the same kick off time as Bilbao when I went but I'd certainly go there if the chance came when I go back. Took about 20 mins on metro to get to there ground aswel so very local.Lots of second and third division teams play within train distance of Bilbao. You booked a hotel yet? Occidental Bilbao is quality if you are still looking.
  • cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

If you get the chance and are looking for another game to go to , see if CF Barakaldo are at home that weekend Mate. Lower division team but tidy little ground , they played the same kick off time as Bilbao when I went but I'd certainly go there if the chance came when I go back. Took about 20 mins on metro to get to there ground aswel so very local.Lots of second and third division teams play within train distance of Bilbao. You booked a hotel yet? Occidental Bilbao is quality if you are still looking.
    How did you go about getting your Bilbao match tickets? You paid €80 right?

Just checked, Barakaldo are away at sociedad b when I'm there.

Hotel is booked up, but thanks for the heads up.
  • cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

Got them off their official website on the Monday before the game . Went on sale 10am I think it was. Paid that much for a half sensible seat, could of paid probably half that and sat top tier etc but it was also their last home game of the season so maybe inflated the prices slightly. It's a quality ground though I really would like to go back, hopefully do a Europa league game on the Thursday and Sociedad game on the Sunday if it works out right .
  • cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

Got them off their official website on the Monday before the game . Went on sale 10am I think it was. Paid that much for a half sensible seat, could of paid probably half that and sat top tier etc but it was also their last home game of the season so maybe inflated the prices slightly. It's a quality ground though I really would like to go back, hopefully do a Europa league game on the Thursday and Sociedad game on the Sunday if it works out right .
    Nice one - will go down the same route then. Do they do a stadium tour that you know of?
  • cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

Nice one - will go down the same route then. Do they do a stadium tour that you know of?
    I don't know mate tbh. I'd assume so as it seems most La Liga grounds I've been to do
  • cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

I don't know mate tbh. I'd assume so as it seems most La Liga grounds I've been to do
    Cheers, will have a look, we're only a 15 min walk from the ground anyway. Get there on the Saturday night, so knowing my luck they will change the day of the game from the Sunday and I'll miss it!
  • cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

Cheers, will have a look, we're only a 15 min walk from the ground anyway. Get there on the Saturday night, so knowing my luck they will change the day of the game from the Sunday and I'll miss it!
    Should have gone on Friday to be on the safe side.
  • edited August 2017

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

Booked it ages ago and got lucky that they are at home. There for a week so maybe we will be able to take in a more obscure game if Bilbao tickets are no go.
  • cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

Booked it ages ago and got luck my that they are at home. There for a week so maybe we will be able to take in a more obscure game if Bilbao tickets are no go.
    Bus to Sociedad is cheap and doesn't take long .

• You got tickets for these games yet mate

If you get the chance and are looking for another game to go to , see if CF Barakaldo are at home that weekend Mate. Lower division team but tidy little ground , they played the same kick off time as Bilbao when I went but

How did you go about getting your Bilbao match tickets?

Booked it ages ago and got luck my that they are at home. There for a week so maybe we will be able to take in a more obscure game if Bilbao tickets are no go.

Sometimes the more obscure grounds can be more interesting.