Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Groundhopping

Comments

• Options
    Richard J said:
    When we sold out for Reading I went to Salford V Orient last Saturday 

Therefore I have recompleted the 92 ( Bury and Coventry make it the 90 ?)
    On the Doing the 92 site it’s 91 as Coventry are playing at Birmingham. It should be 90 but the site is still in denial that the League weren’t able to keep Bury’s place open for them. 
  • Options
    Went to Hastings United v Worthing yesterday in the FA Cup 1st qualifying round. Match ended 3-3 with last minute equaliser for higher level Worthing. Proper old school ground. Main stand must of been built when they were formed it looked so old.
  • Options
    Went to Hastings United v Worthing yesterday in the FA Cup 1st qualifying round. Match ended 3-3 with last minute equaliser for higher level Worthing. Proper old school ground. Main stand must of been built when they were formed it looked so old.

Cracking little ground.
  • Options

Dunstable Town v Chipping Sodbury in an FA Cup extra preliminary game yesterday.

Dunstable's road to Wembley began with an easy 3-2 victory.

A rather uninspiring ground in a very uninspiring town.
    Mad, that's my local team(yes dunstable is a dump !).. Barry fry got George Best down for 1 game many moons ago when he was manager. 
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    Do enjoy this thread. Thank you @ElfsborgAddick and others
    Would you like to sponsor me to help fund my travels?
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    Would you like to sponsor me to help fund my travels?
    Here we go.....Lining him up for a few free beers.
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    Don’t get to friendly with him. This is what happened to the last bloke who did.

• Options
    Stewart said:
    Don’t get to friendly with him. This is what happened to the last bloke who did.

Haha

Never understood all that gimp shit
  • Options
    Stewart said:

Haha

Groundhoppers are a strange breed.

• Options
    Stewart said:

Haha

Groundhoppers are a strange breed.

Joke aside, respect to those that have done 92 or close. I think ive done over 60 last time i checked but that includes international
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2019

Colney Heath v Eynesbury Rovers yesterday in the Spartan South Midlands Premier League finished 2-1 to the home side. 

A very basic ground but had a very pleasant main entrance and decent clubhouse.

Colney Heath is a village just outside of St Albans, and very advisable to drive here unless you do not mind getting taxis due to a non-existent bus service.
  • Options
    edited October 2019

Prescot Cables v Brighouse in the Northern North West League Division 1 took place last Saturday.

Prescot won the game 2-1, but for some better finishing there could have been 2 or 3 more goals for the 315 in attendance.

This ground is a cracker, untouched and full of character which hopefully will not become flats/supermakets in the future.
  • Options
    edited October 2019

Broxbourne v Brimsdown yesterday in the Spartan South Midlands League Division 1.

This finished up 1-1, like the ground, the game was not the best with Brimsdown players more keen on play acting and trying to harm the Broxbourne playeres with some atrocious fouls.

With Broxbourne only 'pulling in' around 25 new faces are questioned.  The pleasant lady at the turnstile asking if I was a groundhopper hit me with "there is not many of you around" when I said that I was a Charlton fan.  A side splitter that I had not heard before.
  • Options
    The Wallpaper? Sounds like a spanners fanzine.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    The Wallpaper? Sounds like a spanners fanzine.
    A cracking programme that would put to shame a lot of clubs efforts in the lower leagues, including ours unfortunately.
  • Options
    you never get many comments to these posts. Just to say I enjoy them - thanks for posting...
  • Options
    you never get many comments to these posts. Just to say I enjoy them - thanks for posting...
    Thanks for that mate.  It's comments like this that make it worthwhile.
  • Options
    The Prescot cables one impressed me. Proper old school stand that.
  • Options
    How do you choose which game to go to?
    do you drive or public transport? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    I have always groundhopped, to begin with it was local games but as the years progressed there were no limits.

Apart from Tottenham's new ground and Chorley, I have done the '92 plus the National Conference.

The remaining leagues I am trying to complete are as follows:-

The Bostik Isthmian League
    Conference South
    Kent League Premier
    Sussex League Premier
    Spartan South Midlands Premier
    Combined Counties Premier

As I do not drive I always travel by train, this does not work out very expensive as a lot of destinations are covered by a Travelcard, then I use my Network SouthEast card.  Booking in advance to Bognor yesterday only cost £10 return.

Non-League football is very enjoyable, it is a shame that more fans do not visit their local side once or twice a season. 
    Well done mate.
    Are Beckenham Town still in Kent Premier league? Nice easy train journey
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    MrOneLung said:
    I have always groundhopped, to begin with it was local games but as the years progressed there were no limits.

Apart from Tottenham's new ground and Chorley, I have done the '92 plus the National Conference.

The remaining leagues I am trying to complete are as follows:-

The Bostik Isthmian League
    Conference South
    Kent League Premier
    Sussex League Premier
    Spartan South Midlands Premier
    Combined Counties Premier

As I do not drive I always travel by train, this does not work out very expensive as a lot of destinations are covered by a Travelcard, then I use my Network SouthEast card.  Booking in advance to Bognor yesterday only cost £10 return.

Non-League football is very enjoyable, it is a shame that more fans do not visit their local side once or twice a season. 
    Well done mate.
    Are Beckenham Town still in Kent Premier league? Nice easy train journey
    Yep, still there.  Eden Park Avenue station is only 3 minutes walk away.

I have not been there for a long time, but they have a tidy little ground now as they installed a few new stands.

If you collect programmes, I gather they still produce a paper copy rather than online.  In some cases clubs produce nothing.
  • Options
    That's a fantastic record, Elfborg. Just to say, like Sporodic, I appreciate your posts here. 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    That's a fantastic record, Elfborg. Just to say, like Sporodic, I appreciate your posts here. 
    Cheers @Stig I will be going to Real Madrid v Betis on the 2nd November.  Perhaps others on here have been before and can give their thoughts on the ground etc.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Cheers @Stig I will be going to Real Madrid v Betis on the 2nd November.  Perhaps others on here have been before and can give their thoughts on the ground etc.
    It’s no Park View Rd
  • Options
    Stig said:
    It’s no Park View Rd
    Do you get to many Welling aways?
  • Options
    Stig said:
    It’s no Park View Rd
    A few, but not as many as I’d like to. As you know, there’s some cracking grounds/places in their league to spend an afternoon.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    It’s no Park View Rd
    A few, but not as many as I’d like to. As you know, there’s some cracking grounds/places in their league to spend an afternoon.
    Do Chippenham if you get the chance.  Hungerford is decent as well.

• Options
    Please dont encourage elfsborg