Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Groundhopping

Comments

• Options
    What tier? Or how many promotions from conference South?
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Arundel would be three promotions away from the Conference South, Herne Bay would be two.

Now that the ruling has been passed that programmes do not have to be produced, at this level I think it will be more common to not produce other than a PDF format.

Yesterday's effort was not good, even by Sussex League standards. My friend went to London Colney in the Spartan South Midlands yesterday and there was nothing, I was looking at possibly going to Marlow tomorrow and have seen they only do a PDF, so I will probably revert back to going to Shoreham for a 11am k/o hoping the NLP today will show a 15.00 I can get to.
  • Options

Arundel would be three promotions away from the Conference South, Herne Bay would be two.

Now that the ruling has been passed that programmes do not have to be produced, at this level I think it will be more common to not produce other than a PDF format.

Yesterday's effort was not good, even by Sussex League standards. My friend went to London Colney in the Spartan South Midlands yesterday and there was nothing, I was looking at possibly going to Marlow tomorrow and have seen they only do a PDF, so I will probably revert back to going to Shoreham for a 11am k/o hoping the NLP today will show a 15.00 I can get to.
    Should come down to us at Westfield and then back up to Sevenoaks for the 3pm
  • Options

Thanks for that, but have done both. I went to Westfield last season when they beat Guildford 5-0, I was very pleased the game was on due to the torrential rain that there had been a few days before, and on the day as well.
  • Options

Bored to Tears....
  • Options

Bored to Tears....
    F*** off and have a look at that tea towel shirt you are wearing, that'll cheer you up.
  • Options

Thanks for that, but have done both. I went to Westfield last season when they beat Guildford 5-0, I was very pleased the game was on due to the torrential rain that there had been a few days before, and on the day as well.

Westfield in Sussex just outside Hastings SCFL Div2
  • Options

Westfield in Sussex just outside Hastings SCFL Div2
    Aha, sorry mate, but not a league that I am looking to do.
  • Options
    At a new ground today, the Garcia de la Mata in Madrid where the team I follow here, Union Adarve, have been forced to move to temporarily due to the local council not supporting improvements to their own ground. Big movement amongst their fans to 'return home' already so it's something I can really sympathize with as a Charlton fan!
  • Options
    Went to Cheshunt v Canvey Island in the FA Cup yesterday, nice little ground with a cracking playing surface. They ground share with FC Romania and the Spurs Womens team. Great game full of passion and a pdf programme produced. 9th new ground of the season for me as having a sabbatical from the Valley until he sells up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc4life said:

Off to Inter v Torino tonight. First time at the San Siro

If you have been to the Etihad you will see the outside is very similar with the spiral staircases.

A fantastic ground, a good one to do.

If you collect programmes I think the Italians are a bit hit and miss with them, so look hard.
  • Options

cafc4life said:

If you have been to the Etihad you will see the outside is very similar with the spiral staircases.

If you collect programmes I think the Italians are a bit hit and miss with them, so look hard.
    Went to see Roma last year and the closest I got to a programme was a newspaper handout dedicated to the game . Hoping for that or similar
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

Went to see Roma last year and the closest I got to a programme was a newspaper handout dedicated to the game . Hoping for that or similar
    I'd class that as their programme for the game.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

Same sort of thing I got when I went to watch Lazio last October.

Enjoy it mate.
  • Options
    Enjoyed that. Inter looked comfortable at half time , leading 2-0 but they came out second half and it was like they'd swapped shirts. Finished 2-2 but they could of easily lost . No programme or handout unfortunately
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Aveley v Grays Athletic at Parkside this afternoon, 4G pitch great facilities 3-1 win for Aveley. Hit 160 grounds today. Loving non-league football!
  • Options
    At Phoenix Rising v RGV Toros in Arizona this evening. Quality of football was ok, probably lower L1/L2 standard but...
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    ...they have a fans sofa!
  • Options
    Currently at fourth division Real Carabanchel (third oldest team in Madrid) vs Vicalvaro. Lovely ground and the sun's out, with the local team one up to give the fans a bit of cheer in what's been a grim season so far with them one off the bottom.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2018
    IFK Gothenburg v AIK Stockholm on the 27th September.

AIK won this game 2-0 which virtually sealed them winning the Allsvenskan(championship).

The ground is very basic and a very poor effort compared to the new ground that AIK play in.
  • Options

nice stadium with lots of standing .. and lots of security/stewards
  • Options

nice stadium with lots of standing .. and lots of security/stewards
    Great to go to a (relatively)new ground with standing accommodation. The policing is normally very low key in Sweden, but there is a big city rivalry between Gothenburg and Stockholm and it is not uncommon for there to be trouble at the games, fortunately all was okay this evening, made better that AIK won to send the 1200+ home happy.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

At Phoenix Rising v RGV Toros in Arizona this evening. Quality of football was ok, probably lower L1/L2 standard but...

Any programmes produced?
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Punjab United v Deal in the Kent League yesterday.

A truly shocking 0-0 witnessed by 43 could have stayed till midnight and still not seen a goal.
  • Options
    They’ll have a bigger crowd next week, they’ve got Real Madras in the cup.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Hallam v Armthorpe Welfare finished 5-2 on Saturday.

This was a good one to do as it is the oldest football stadium in the world. A shame that it is only a two sided ground shared with the local cricket club.
  • Options
    Crawley Green v Baldock ended 1-1 yesterday.

Crawley Green's ground is on the same site as Luton's (very basic)training ground.
  • Options
    Saturday night I saw Cracovia v Slask Wroclaw, a Polish top division match.

The game finished 1-1 in from of a poor crowd of about 4,000(there was almost as many police), not surprising given the shocking standard I witnessed. These two would struggle in the Championship.

A very bland ground but a great atmosphere generated from the home support.
  • Options
    Should stick my photo from Espanyol v Girona, nice modern (if a bit boring) stadium in the suburbs of Barcelona.

Going to see 1860 Munich at the weekend, need to stop visiting these cities when the big team are away from home!