Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Groundhopping

Comments

• Options
    Richard J said:

Currently watching the Portuguese second tier game between Nacional ( Ronaldo's old club) against Porto B.

Do they produce a programme?
  • Options

Richard J said:

Currently watching the Portuguese second tier game between Nacional ( Ronaldo's old club) against Porto B.

Do they produce a programme?
    Not that I could find

Nacional won 6-0. I felt Porto B didn't have as much to play for because they cannot get promoted.

I am on holiday in Madeira and found it strange that a league game had a 3pm kick off. The Stadium is in the middle of the mountains.

They make a lot of the Ronaldo connection. His name is given to both the adjacent training ground and the academy youth team. In reailty he was only with them between the ages of 10 and 12. Should we rename Sparrows Lane and the Academy after Jermaine Defoe?
  • Options
    Does anyone on here follow the Chicken Balti Chronicles group on Facebook ? Also have an Instagram page I believe . A good group to seek advice if going to a game abroad and see others posts
  • Options
    New possible grounds for next season to see Charlton at

Accrington (great pubs, especially the Peel Park hotel opposite their old ground)
    Burton
    Mansfield (Last visit was 1977/1978)
    Lincoln (Last visit was 1987/1988 pre season friendly)
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Accrington (great pubs, especially the Peel Park hotel opposite their old ground)
    Burton

I done the Lincoln friendly so the other three would suit me.

You can be the pub guide for Accrington.
  • Options

shirty5 said:

Burton

Did 5 pubs on my only visit to Accrington. All good and cheap as well.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

shirty5 said:

Burton

Did 5 pubs on my only visit to Accrington. All good and cheap as well.
    Sounds good to me. Lead the way.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Guillem Balague is the DoF at Biggleswade United.

He does a cracking job of spreading the word about the club. He is very hands on and has been to both games I have seen Biggleswade play this season.

This game was the worst I have seen in a long time. There was barely a pass along the green stuff, hoof ball resulted in neither keeper getting their hands dirty.

Biggleswade United v Oxhey Jets finished a 0-0 draw(they could have still been playing now and not scored).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2018
    My first choice was Shoreham but a 10am pitch inspection put pay to that. St Francis Rangers v Midhurst Easebourne managed to get their game on so I headed off to a very bland and dull Haywards Heath.

This ground was one of the more bizarre ones I have been to. You enter on the grounds of an hospital and go through a maze of a development of properties around 10 years old.

SFR play in the second division of the Sussex League so this level is not the greatest(I might even get a game). SFR should have won by a greater margin but the Midhurst keeper had an absolute blinder.

The game ended 1-0 to the home side, I was pleased with as they managed a win to reward their efforts in staging the game. The attendance was a meagre 15, this beat my previous lowest of around 22 for Sporting Bengal v Lordswood in around 2007.
  • Options
    I saw Toronto FC 3-1 Club America tonight (CONCACAF Champions League semi)

I think Club America struggled with freezing, wet, windy weather but they have the 2nd leg at the Azteca.

Tickets were £25 and were purely electronic - you buy online, you get a link to a barcode and they scan your phone on entrance.

It was a good atmosphere but MLS fans can't help but sing the occasional dumb song (ref you suck, ref you suck!) plus have some camp wannabe 'capo' at the front dancing.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

I think Club America struggled with freezing, wet, windy weather but they have the 2nd leg at the Azteca.

Tickets were £25 and were purely electronic - you buy online, you get a link to a barcode and they scan your phone on entrance.

It was a good atmosphere but MLS fans can't help but sing the occasional dumb song (ref you suck, ref you suck!) plus have some camp wannabe 'capo' at the front dancing.

Nice stand opposite. Do they do a programme?
  • Options

RedPanda said:

Do me a favour little legs.
    Im not f@cking interested in your groundhopping , stop posting f@cking photos on the phone just spent an hour deleting the photos off my phone you kn@b
  • Options
    clb74 said:

RedPanda said:

Do me a favour little legs.
    Im not f@cking interested in your groundhopping , stop posting f@cking photos on the phone just spent an hour deleting the photos off my phone you kn@b
    No!
  • Options
    Managed to buy tickets yesterday for Eibar v Alaves next weekend. Looking forward to it
  • Options
    Spartan South Midlands League yesterday with Leverstock Green v London Colney.

A cracking little ground with very friendly people.

A good game finished 2-2.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    The best hop of the season.

Royston play in the Evo Stik South Premier Division.

Hammering Biggleswade Town 4-0 it was a shame that they only attracted 260 for a "pay what you want" game. This attracted a similar gate to normal, so perhaps shows that non-league football will always struggle to bring new fans to the grounds.
  • Options

Hammering Biggleswade Town 4-0 it was a shame that they only attracted 260 for a "pay what you want" game. This attracted a similar gate to normal, so perhaps shows that non-league football will always struggle to bring new fans to the grounds.

Doesn't look like it had the atmosphere of Pompey away.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

I’ve seen more excitement in a Morgue.

Give it up FFS.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Give it up FFS.
    This no legs
  • Options

Give it up FFS.
    Ffs you did not go to Portsmouth as well.
  • Options

Give it up FFS.
    I did mate that day will live with me forever
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Give it up FFS.
    Pleased for you.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Give it up FFS.
    Me too and I'm being deadly serious.
  • Options
    uu
    shirty5 said:

Arrived at Morecambe to complete visiting the current 92 league grounds. Home v Cambridge this evening

Impressive. How many non-Charlton games in that lot?
  • Options
    edited April 2018

uu

shirty5 said:

Arrived at Morecambe to complete visiting the current 92 league grounds. Home v Cambridge this evening

Impressive. How many non-Charlton games in that lot?
    Of the current grounds.

Tottenham (Saw us at White Hart Lane)
    Stoke (Saw us at the Victoria Ground)
    Morecambe
    Accrington
    Newport
    Burton
    Mansfield
    Rochdale (Will see us there next week)
    Barnet (Saw us at Underhill)
    Crawley
    Cheltenham
    Chesterfield
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Beers to celebrate a cracking tour around the country.