Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket 2017

Comments

• Enjoyed watching this game in Barbados as I was there back in the 90's on holiday and went and watched West Indies versus Australia when I think they were 1 and 2 in the world. Brilliant game, but for me it was the local supporters, nothing like I saw on TV, then they were singing and dancing through the whole game, not just to be on TV. If you love cricket and have never seen it in the West Indies you must try and afford it if you can, for the experience, better than the stuff shirts in this country
  • Not England but Oz facing an uphill battle to save 3rd Test - and that's after scoring 451 in first innings.
    Last day starts tomorrow with them still 130 runs behind , already two wickets down in their second innings. They are gonna have to bat all day to survive it which is unlikely imo.
  • Som interesting names playing in the North v South game, notably Mason Crane (leggie) who took 4-39 in 2nd innings and another batting keeper to look out for in Joe Clarke of Worcester,along with Sam Hain and Liam Livingstone
  • Som interesting names playing in the North v South game, notably Mason Crane (leggie) who took 4-39 in 2nd innings and another batting keeper to look out for in Joe Clarke of Worcester,along with Sam Hain and Liam Livingstone

I'm up to 2030 on my cricket manager game, and Joe Clarke, Sam Hain and Mason Crane are bona fide Essex legends. Good call.
  • Which game?
  • MrOneLung said:

Which game?

Cricket captain 2016 on my android phone. It's not the most immersive but keeps me occupied on the train!

Not to mention Daniel B-D's 173 runs @ an average of 86.50 and Sam Northeast's 118* in his only innings.
  • Joe Clarke continuing on his form with top score of 89 for MCC v Middx.
    This kid (he's still only 20) is gonna be a superstar- him and Sam Curran being the next kids off the taxi rank for England.
    This kid (he's still only 20) is gonna be a superstar- him and Sam Curran being the next kids off the taxi rank for England.

Talented batsman who can also keep wicket. No doubt Surrey will try and poach him next season!

Talented batsman who can also keep wicket. No doubt Surrey will try and poach him next season!
    We are short of keepers! ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• A Worcestershire player poached by Surrey? Nope, I can't and won't believe it's possible

:rage:
  • Leuth said:

A Worcestershire player poached by Surrey? Nope, I can't and won't believe it's possible

:rage:

Jealous Leu?
  • Thing is, in the whole scheme of things, Rashid and ALi are no worse than Lyon and O'Keefe - and Jadeja and Ashwin are on a different level spin-wise. Just a temporary blip - India will win the series.

Told ya !!
  • I never quibbled the second sentence. Lyon has bowled beautifully
  • Actually, might even have been worth a bet at 0-1if i'd thought of it.
  • Should check the odds on Lyon to pick up 3 or 4 wickets tomorrow
  • Hope you didn't back it, comfortable win for India, Rahane sublime.
  • There seems to be a lot of bad blood still around at the end of the India v Australia series . I think the media havent helped .Does anyone feel that the dressing rooms are getting too much attention from the cameras and that the stump "mikes" should be switched off .Whilst its been an exciting series I cant think its been Good for Cricket
  • edited April 2017
    I know its not England related per se, but I went and helped out at the Luxembourg Cricket Club over the weekend to get their pitch ready for the season , and it is magnificent, a lovely ground situated on the River Alzette, it is called The Pierre Werner Cricket ground named after their long-time departed President who was educated in London and grew to love Cricket, and was their honorary president until he died .
    They play in the Belgian League 2 (have won it the last two seasons, but the BCF refuse to promote them because they don't come from Belgium). St Truiden have a team that plays in Division 3 currently. Hasselt have a team in Div 2 and have a home and away scheduled with Lux this season.
  • Never realised they play cricket in Luxembourg or that Belgium even has cricket leagues!

Don't give Roland ideas, he might buy Kent and put Katrien in charge
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2017
    Yes, been going for 40+ years, and going strong, has 1st team, a social cricket side, Womens team, and a junior team too. Has 4 Nets being the pitch, and is one of the nicest non professional grounds ive seen.
    Belgium has 4 cricket divisons containing a total of over 20 teams, predominantly from the Flemish speaking parts of Belgium, Antwerp,Hasselt,St Truiden,Ostend,Ghent, and a few from Brussels too.

Apparently, the Begium government recently gave quite a bit money to 'minority' sports, and the announcement that Cricket may well be announced in the Olympics for 2024 has sparked a heck of a lot of interest in Cricket. Its the main reason why the BCF wont allow Lux to be promoted in that the Lux team would clearly be one of the leading teams in Div 1 too, so they don't want to be seen as aiding a foreign team.
  • I guess that makes sense, the Dutch play cricket so why wouldn't the Flemish!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/8082343.stm
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/26818265

• England squad announced for Champions Trophy....

Moeen Ali, Jonny Bairstow, Jake Ball, Sam Billings, Jos Buttler (wk), Alex Hales, Eoin Morgan (capt), Liam Plunkett, Adil Rashid, Joe Root, Jason Roy, Ben Stokes, David Willey, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood.
  • England squad announced for Champions Trophy....

Moeen Ali, Jonny Bairstow, Jake Ball, Sam Billings, Jos Buttler (wk), Alex Hales, Eoin Morgan (capt), Liam Plunkett, Adil Rashid, Joe Root, Jason Roy, Ben Stokes, David Willey, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood.

Pretty good squad. Struggle to see who to leave out. Especially with the quicks.

Will be interesting to see if they think 1 spinner plus root is enough or if they go with 2.
  • team ?...
    Roy,Hales,Root,Morgan,Buttler,Stokes,Ali,Woakes,Willey,Wood, plus one depending on 1) how they do in IPL 2) pitch conditions 3) weather
  • team ?...
    Roy,Hales,Root,Morgan,Buttler,Stokes,Ali,Woakes,Willey,Wood, plus one depending on 1) how they do in IPL 2) pitch conditions 3) weather

That's what I'd go for. With either Rashid or Plunkett in depending on conditions.
  • cant see us winning it if Rashid is playing tbh - need to go with the quicks imo
  • lets hope Mark Wood stays fit
  • cant see us winning it if Rashid is playing tbh - need to go with the quicks imo

In principle I agree but there are some days/conditions/pitches that might call for 2 spinners.

We bad nice and deep though! Willey at 10 in incredible seeing as he opens in County T20.

In principle I agree but there are some days/conditions/pitches that might call for 2 spinners.

We bad nice and deep though! Willey at 10 in incredible seeing as he opens in County T20.
    Hee hee, you said Willey nice and deep.