Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nathan Byrne red card

Was it a red card
Opinions Please

Comments

• Options
    In real-time, sitting side on to it, I'd say yes.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Wasn't there but from this, very brief look, it looks a very dodgy lunge

http://www.skysports.com/football/charlton-vs-fleetwood/report/359011
  • Options
    100% yes.
  • Options
    Yep
  • Options
    Definitely one that it had been a Charlton player on the receiving end you'd be calling for a red. We do seem to be racking up a few disciplinary issues though. Showing spirit and fight is good - getting silly bookings/sendings off is not.
  • Options
    3 game ban one assumes?
  • Options
    Lennon, Bauer, Tex, Page and Bryne all been sent off this season. Anymore? Thats far too many as it is
  • Options

Lennon, Bauer, Tex, Page and Bryne all been sent off this season. Anymore? Thats far too many as it is

Unbeaten in those games. Although only Page was early doors - the rest were all late on.
  • Options

quite .. added to those who have limped or been carried off and those who spend all their time in the massage parlour or treatment rooms means it's unusual to have a full complement to choose from
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

3 game ban one assumes?

Yes. Serious Foul Play
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reminds me of Christian Dailly's red against Orient a few years ago, poor touch and then a lunge to try and win it back.
  • Options
    From what I've seen on highlights shows this year there seems to be a zero tolerance approach from refs to the lunge after miscontrol this year - a huge amount of straight reds have been for this type of challenge, I wonder if refs have been given a directive to clamp down on this? A difficult one for players as its a natural reaction to try and make up for a poor touch.
  • Options
    Yes and think Holmes was fortunate to stay on after his tackle from behind too.
  • Options
    On seeing it in real time it looked harsh but seeing the replay it's the sort of challenge Kevin Muscat would be proud of. The foot is high and the leg is straight which is not a natural movement to try and control a poor touch.
  • Options
    Looks like a bad challenge in the video above.

3 red cards in 3 consequentive matches. Is that a Charlton record?
  • Options
    Real time (in line with Byrne) looked unlucky. On highlights I could see why he went. What was odd for me was that on the highlights, the ref appears to follow the ball with his eyes before blowing almost as if he was considering playing advantage if the ball had fallen to a Fleetwood player
  • Options

Unbeaten in those games. Although only Page was early doors - the rest were all late on.
    True but means they're suspended.
  • Options
    Definitely a sending off. We need to keep all 11 players on the pitch to win these matches, Robinson needs to address this poor discipline.
  • Options
    Called it as soon as he did it, was a shocker. Agree with the other poster who mentioned Holmes as well. That was a bad one and he was very lucky to stay on.
  • Options
    Holmes certainly deserved a red.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All day long
  • Options
    If KR is installing greater comittment, effort, passion, then we are very likely to get more cards.
  • Options
    Tackle hard but fair as my old footie coach used to say.
  • Options
    At the time I thought it was very harsh but looking at it now, it is a very bad challenge and deserved a red.
  • Options
    Thought it was a red straight away and I had a great view. He did the old pretending to be poleaxed himself routine which is always a bit of a giveaway.
  • Options
    bellz2002 said:

At the time I thought it was very harsh but looking at it now, it is a very bad challenge and deserved a red.

My thoughts exactly. From where I was sitting it looked like an ordinary foul, but when I watched it on the telly it looked horrendous
  • Options
    It felt at the time that is was reckless and it looked reckless afterwards. Totally justified red. Maybe the lad should improve his touch - I thought he had a poor game.
  • Options
    I thought at the time that he'd get a red card. It looks a bit different on the replay but still a clear sending off.
  • Options
    Glad Botaka is back from the ANC.

That's the first straight red for serious foul play isn't it? All the others have been for 2 yellows or a professional foul