Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Redmidland

Thank you for your match updates. They were very appreciated by everyone not in attendance.

Good luck in your new job.

Comments

• Options
    Likewise - thanks Redmidland. A bit like not knowing the scores before MOTD comes on, reading your threads from the start, even if it was several hours after the match finished, was as close to being there as I could (or choose to) get. Enjoy the next few years of travels.
  • Options
    I echo the above. Many thanks and good luck for the future.
  • Options
    Same here. Redmidland has done stirling work on the match threads, and will now become an international superstar globetrotter.

• Options
    Another success for the regime. Log in and read the match threads of international stars of the future.

Seriously thanks a lot. Don't know how you do it. Enjoy listening to Charlton in the early hours of the morning as you are in sunny (insert hot country here)
  • Options
    I'm obviously a bit late to this so good luck with whatever you're doing next @Redmidland. Having moved away from South London 18 months ago I've appreciated the match threads on an entirely new level and are always enjoyable. Serious dedication from you, much appreciated.
  • Options
    saterdays will never be the same without you RM Good luck on your travels and come home safe
  • Options
    Good thread. CL legend. Good luck and bon voyage...
  • Options
    Thanks and safe travels. Priceless service for those of us stuck overseas.
  • Options
    Good luck Red!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All the above and more from me, Red. Most of all, I hope that your heart stays good. Thank you again for your work here, and also the support you and your wife gave us when our beloved dog passed away.

I know you will be scouring Asia for a decent owner to buy out RD, too :-)
  • Options
    Thanks for all your hard work over the years. I covered the match updates for one week and it's tougher than it looks.
  • Options
    Thanks RM really appreciate your commentaries, Matchdays may never be the same. May you and Mrs RM have great travels and if you get to Cape Town there's a beer or two waiting for you
  • Options
    Good luck on your travels @Redmidland - if you make it to Hornchurch let me know and I'll buy you a beer

Seriously, all the best mate.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    It's all been said......we're gonna miss you old son.
    Bon voyage and heaps of good luck!
    PS......I, plus thousands of others, owe you a beer................................or two!
  • Options
    Very best wishes on your travels, Malc. Thanks for all your hard work on the match threads and more importantly for being a fantastic contributor to CL and an all round good egg.

I'll even forgive you (just) for the shock horror of the mankini pictures!
  • Options

Thanks and safe travels. Priceless service for those of us stuck overseas.

you're overseas !? .. I always had you down as 'angry of Tunbridge Wells' ,((:>) .. anyway, we all agree about Redmidland, lovely man who will be missed, though this is NOT of course an R I P .... he'll be back
  • Options
    All the best Red and many thanks for what cannot have been easy to do at times.
    The match threads when i have been abroad were much appreciated
    Thanks again.
  • Options
    Good luck, Redmidland, with the new job and travels. Stay safe and I am sure you will log into CL very often.
    Many thanks for all the wonderful match threads, even though at times they must have been painful to do! Win, lose or draw, Red was there!
    Thanks again for your consistency in the quicksand that is the life of a CAFC supporter.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Good god I didn't expect this, I've just logged back in after yesterday to read post match thread and saw this. Thank you all, I'm going to miss doing them as they were a big part of my life for the last 6 years. My first match thread was Nov 2010 against Peterborough I think.
    Now I will be one of the recipients and be able read the match threads from wherever I am in the world.
    I hope I can come back and complete the occasional guest appearance!

I will letting you know where I'm off to next via this forum in case I'm visiting a country where some Addicks happen to reside, and a few beverages can be supped, after my daily job of course!!! The work I'll be doing is Information Protection Security Checks in advance of the new GDPR rules that come into force May 2018.
    All in all I think I have to visit something like 30 countries in total and 500 3rd party suppliers and agents, spending a day with each one, so there's a good couple of years work there, without the re-visits.

So as from next week I'm in Singapore and Kuala Lumper, Malaysia until end of February

Once again thank you for putting up a thread about me, its very humbling. Take care everyone, I'll see you all in a few years time.

Thank you.
    Malc

Lots of great places to eat and drink in Singapore. I've spent about four years working there over time and always enjoy it. KL is also fun.

Unfortunately I am not back in Singapore until May although will be in Jakarta early April if you get there.
  • Options
    Up until this season, i attended all home games, and a fair few away games too.

Its only since my boycott that i began to really appreciate what a great job you do.

Thank you for all your hard work.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Good god I didn't expect this, I've just logged back in after yesterday to read post match thread and saw this. Thank you all, I'm going to miss doing them as they were a big part of my life for the last 6 years. My first match thread was Nov 2010 against Peterborough I think.
    Now I will be one of the recipients and be able read the match threads from wherever I am in the world.
    I hope I can come back and complete the occasional guest appearance!

I will letting you know where I'm off to next via this forum in case I'm visiting a country where some Addicks happen to reside, and a few beverages can be supped, after my daily job of course!!! The work I'll be doing is Information Protection Security Checks in advance of the new GDPR rules that come into force May 2018.
    All in all I think I have to visit something like 30 countries in total and 500 3rd party suppliers and agents, spending a day with each one, so there's a good couple of years work there, without the re-visits.

So as from next week I'm in Singapore and Kuala Lumper, Malaysia until end of February

Once again thank you for putting up a thread about me, its very humbling. Take care everyone, I'll see you all in a few years time.

Thank you.
    Malc

Lots of great places to eat and drink in Singapore. I've spent about four years working there over time and always enjoy it. KL is also fun.

Unfortunately I am not back in Singapore until May although will be in Jakarta early April if you get there.
    @stonemuse I do have to go to Jakarta in April, not too sure when though. I'll let you know when I have the dates.
  • Options
    Only just got to look at yesterday’s match thread, & very sorry to see it is your last, although delighted for you that your health is now good enough for you to embark on what sounds like an exciting new job.

It was your match threads which led me to join CL, and I hope others will “take up the baton” as they are very much appreciated, especially by those of us who live away from SE England.

Red, I wish you every joy during your travels, and thank you again for the sterling work you have done on the match threads these past 6 years. Good luck for the future.
  • Options
    RM and his match threads have been invaluable to myself and all the other exiles who can't make it regularly to games. I am so grateful for the effort put in, considering there's been some shonky stuff to contend with over the last couple of seasons.

Thanks RM, enjoy your Eastern adventure mate.
  • Options
    I also did a match thread once and it was much more difficult than I imagined and the result was woeful compared to @redmidland's efforts.

I've used these match threads to keep up with Charlton while on holiday, at weddings, working away, Away games when I need to be at home, they have been a fundamental part of me supporting the club for years.

Hopefully we can together provide something that will allow Malc to follow Charlton under similar circumstances.
  • Options

Thanks

Good luck
  • Options
    Best of luck in your new venture @Redmidland we will all miss you, enjoy your travels and Safe journeys.
  • Options
    To echo the others, thanks for all your work on match days RM. Really hope you have a great time seeing the world in your new job, and delighted your health has improved enough to do this work. Enjoy!
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    If I can't get to a game my first port of call was always www.bbc......
    Not since being on CL.
    It's much more exciting catching up with a game on here, post by post.

Thank you RM. Have a great time on your work travels and keep well.

Many, many thanks.