Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Six Nations 2017

Comments

• LenGlover said:

Launchbury has put so many tackles in.

I've met a couple of CAFC fans who's son was at school with Joe .. they of course say what a lovely and self effacing young man he is
  • Launchbury carried a lot of ball, especially first half but I thought Elliott Daley could feel hard done by in terms of MOTM. Good match but the big one is tomorrow. C'mon Scot-land!
  • edited February 2017

Launchbury carried a lot of ball, especially first half but I thought Elliott Daley could feel hard done by in terms of MOTM. Good match but the big one is tomorrow. C'mon Scot-land!

yes .. just beat Biggar to the ball on a dangerous Welsh breakout and scored a blistering try .. you could really have picked 10 moms, 5 from either side .. AND in the studio .. Paul O'Connell was a terrific player for a long time.. he's now a very very good pundit
  • Got a clever hand to a touch kick too which gave England a 40 yard advantage. Fantastic pace for the winning try.
  • Phew ! Quite a match, eh ?

As with football, I'm not one to discuss formations/strengths/weaknesses but as with art, I know what I like.

Thought Wales had more flair & quickness of thought on the whole but it's the points on the board that counts.

And the old favourite: It's never over 'til the fat Hooker sings" ....

Well done, lads.
  • Bench again played well, every time they have come on England seem to step up a gear
  • Launchbury carried a lot of ball, especially first half but I thought Elliott Daley could feel hard done by in terms of MOTM. Good match but the big one is tomorrow. C'mon Scot-land!

Fair points re Elliott Daly. I wouldn't have argued had he got it but still think Joe Launchbury was worthy of winning it too.

I think the French will be tough for the Scots by the way.
  • Great teams grind out last minute wins.

England look like they're nearing being a great team.

Brilliant match.

Who's next? Scotland or Italy? I know it's Ireland for the last game.
  • Great stuff, really enjoyed that.

Brilliant final try off a sloppy Wales break out and a first class conversion.

As an aside, I don't profess to know too much about rugby, but I don't think there is anything more infuriating than a loud bloke in a pub watching rugby that clearly doesn't know what he's talking about, but pretends he does.
  • Sponsored links:

• England at the moment have the confidence that successful teams all have, that belief that you'll always find a way to come through and win.
  • Italy at home could be a hammering unless the Italians seriously improve.
    Great game today, both sides totally committed.
  • Great stuff, really enjoyed that.

Brilliant final try off a sloppy Wales break out and a first class conversion.

As an aside, I don't profess to know too much about rugby, but I don't think there is anything more infuriating than a loud bloke in a pub watching rugby that clearly doesn't know what he's talking about, but pretends he does.

it's ok, you're forgiven
  • I'm not a real rugby fan to be honest.
    But i am so pleased we beat Wales just to get one over a certain Welshman who cannot be named
    But i am so pleased we beat Wales just to get one over a certain Welshman who cannot be named

Simon Church ?

Simon Church ?
    What a rivalry England and Wales have in Rugby Union! The game today epitomised the reams of prose, verse and other literature that have been written over the years.

Voldemort is Welsh?

Tom Jones?
  • LenGlover said:

Launchbury carried a lot of ball, especially first half but I thought Elliott Daley could feel hard done by in terms of MOTM. Good match but the big one is tomorrow. C'mon Scot-land!

Fair points re Elliott Daly. I wouldn't have argued had he got it but still think Joe Launchbury was worthy of winning it too.

The French are obviously hot favourites at home but Scotland have something they have lacked for twenty years - ball carrying pace in the backs. Hogg and Bennett might be the quickest pair in the tournament. If we can match them up front and get the ball out quickly it could be a great game. No doubt we will fluff our lines again but it's great to even be contemplating a victory in Paris.
  • LenGlover said:

The French are obviously hot favourites at home but Scotland have something they have lacked for twenty years - ball carrying pace in the backs. Hogg and Bennett might be the quickest pair in the tournament. If we can match them up front and get the ball out quickly it could be a great game. No doubt we will fluff our lines again but it's great to even be contemplating a victory in Paris.
    Think this will be a close game and could go Scotland have vastly improved over the last year or so. France away is a big ask, but Scotland can certainly get a result today.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2017

LenGlover said:

Think this will be a close game and could go either way. Scotland have vastly improved of late.

Had if been at Murrayfield I think Scotland would win this game. France away is a big ask - but doable.

However, France by 7-10 points.
  • Anyone watching this?

How weren't that a try, can anyone explain that to me?
  • edited February 2017

Anyone watching this?

How weren't that a try, can anyone explain that to me?

Yeah, dubious call that. Looked like he got enough hand on the ball to ground it. Got that one wrong.
  • Dropped it purely and simple. Ref giving away penalties like sweets though, Scotland threw that away.
  • Makes a bit of a mockery of the knob watching if on the monitor really
  • Fiiish said:

Dropped it purely and simple. Ref giving away penalties like sweets though, Scotland threw that away.

That ridiculous conversion miss from Russell cost them dear - really rushed it. Lost a couple of key players as well which didn't help.
  • Fiiish said:

Dropped it purely and simple. Ref giving away penalties like sweets though, Scotland threw that away.

That ridiculous conversion miss from Russell cost them dear - really rushed it. Lost a couple of key players as well which didn't help.
    For them to piss about to make him panic like that (Even though he still quite a few seconds on the clock), at that level, is worrying to say the least.
  • George Cole.
    I'd like to know how he keeps coming back
  • George Cole.
    I'd like to know how he keeps coming back

Wrong thread
  • That conversion was the worst you will ever see in an international. Laid law wouldn't have faffed around in the first place.