Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jim Davidson @ The Orchard Theatre Dartford Last Night

Large contingent of Charlton fans last night, and he starts the night off with a rousing rendition of

"We want Roland out" and ends with "Red Army"

Superb night

Comments

• Options
    Legend
  • Options
    Didn't know he was playing down there.

Nice little theatre the Orchard. Had a cracking night down there years ago watching him. He stitched @Swerve right up lol
  • Options
    He came in the stage door pub after for a drink with Gary Bushell, few of us jumped in for a photo with him, couple of our soccer am lads were there.
  • Options
    Nice one @DA9
  • Options

Didn't know he was playing down there.

Nice little theatre the Orchard. Had a cracking night down there years ago watching him. He stitched @Swerve right up lol

Nearly had a laughter induced asthma attack with some of his stories about his drunk Glaswegian dad back in the day, really relatable as most of the pubs he mentions, we've all been in.
  • Options
    Saw him at the Orchard a couple of years ago and he did a lot of Charlton stuff then.
  • Options
    Was a classic mate, must have been 15 years ago but remember it like yesterday. Was it part of Johnny Robinson's testimonial?

Not seen you for a while, hope you are good mate.
  • Options
    All good mate, hopefully likewise. That was a good night, definitely Charlton related so you're more than likely right
  • Options
    Is it O/K to admit liking Jim now? I thought he was a social outcast, because of jokes he told forty years ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DA9 said:

Large contingent of Charlton fans last night, and he starts the night off with a rousing rendition of

Superb night

He's changed his tune then.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

DA9 said:

Superb night

Ain't that allowed then
  • Options

se9addick said:

DA9 said:

Superb night

Ain't that allowed then
    I never said it "aint allowed" - I said he's changed his tune with regards the ownership of the club, which it appears he has.
  • Options
    Oh
  • Options
    Is he coming to ST?
  • Options
    I met him at Wolves last time we played there and he certainly had a low opinion of them then.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    SE9 said:

Saw him at Southend last week.
    Afterwards came over and said" come on, who hit the Eagle then?"

He was there that night - had a good chat with him. He even recognised me from the old days when we used to get pissed together in the Antigallican!!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

SE9 said:

He was there that night - had a good chat with him. He even recognised me from the old days when we used to get pissed together in the Antigallican!!
    Were you at St. Austins then Bob ?

• Sponsored links:

• Options

bobmunro said:

SE9 said:

Were you at St. Austins then Bob ?

No, I was a Woolwich Poly boy.

I was very good mates (still am) with Richie who used to run the Anti in the late 70's/early 80's - Jim was a mate of his and he used to drink there occasionally.
  • Options
    Daggs said:

Is it O/K to admit liking Jim now? I thought he was a social outcast, because of jokes he told forty years ago.

No.
  • Options
    Surely it is ok to like him and ok not to like him.
  • Options

Surely it is ok to like him and ok not to like him.

Shape up and get with the programme MuttleyCAFC.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I think he is a good presenter - a potentially great one - but has a chip on his shoulder about the world changing when that's what it does. Comedy changes and whilst he will always have an audience, he could have made a lot more money for himself by adapting. I went to see him in November 2015 - my wife bought me tickets for my birthday thinking I would like it as he was a Charlton fan. I must admit I was looking forward to a few dirty jokes and I have nothing at all against him, but I thought his act was shy of jokes, he was taliking to a group of little Englanders all with chips on their shoulders, which wasn't me. It felt like the comedy equivalent of Into the Valley!

• Options
    He always seems to me to be stuck in a time warp - the world has moved on. He still has an audience but his appeal seems increasingly limited.
  • Options
    He should get unfunny quick, change his sexual orientation, hey no! Have the BBC got a decent transgender comedian yet? Hold on his old man is Scottish ain't he? Shame he wasn't of Indian heritage as well he could be a shoe in for a spot on Dire at the Apollo...

Have we not had a JD discussion too often on here?
  • Options
    I thought he was alright the other night.
  • Options
    edited February 2017