Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Getting a good feeling

We do seem to have turned a corner and after that great fighting perfomance last week, the future is looking good. KR certainly has them in a better position than we've been for a while, the confidence must be sky high. A win on Saturday will be tremendance and with many players coming back from injuries ect., and with the new signings, one can only feel excited for the rest of the season. I for one is feeling the Charlton we lost could be slowly slowly returning.

Comments

• Options
    Interesting that so many are kind of assuming that we'll just sweep Fleetwood aside after the win at Bolton. They have by far the best form in the division, and beat Sheffield United comprehensively away a fortnight ago.

Here's hoping Robinson can add to his 3 wins in 11 games, because it'll be a huge test.
  • Options

We do seem to have turned a corner and after that great fighting perfomance last week, the future is looking good. KR certainly has them in a better position than we've been for a while, the confidence must be sky high. A win on Saturday will be tremendance and with many players coming back from injuries ect., and with the new signings, one can only feel excited for the rest of the season. I for one is feeling the Charlton we lost could be slowly slowly returning.

What ever you are taking, I want some as well.
  • Options
    Beating Bolton was a good result but at the end of the day we are still a mid table league one club.
    My optimism returns when Douchbag sells up until then we are papering over the cracks
  • Options
    I've got a feeling too...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do you sit next to @ray traecy ?
  • Options
    I love the fact the beating Fleetwood at home will be a "huge" win! That shows you how far away we are from our Charlton returning as the OP puts it.
  • Options
    Why do people still keep getting positive under this regime. All that's happened is they haven't sacked a manager in a few months.

There must be a term for this when your mind convinces you that it's okay becuase it's not been as bad as it could.
  • Options

I kind of agree with the opening poster (from a footballing side). You can certainly see a scenario where we have a positive run into the end of the season.

The mitigating things against that is given our resource compared to others, we should never be playing catch up in the first place (but that is a May - Dec frustration), and secondly that so much more could have been done in January to support that positive run.

But a fit squad, gentle run of fixtures, and a bit of luck could easily see us get some momentum.

One way or another, Saturday's game is being perceived as pivotal and whatever result is going to generate an exaggerated reaction imo

The first eleven and subs bench currently should be good enough to get us out of this division, but injuries, suspension and tiredness means we'll probably miss out.....
  • Options
    We're playing a team in a play-off position, a position that there's a slim chance of us reaching.The fact that it's in the third division means nothing to me: that's the division we're in.I don't care that 'expectation is the mother of disappointment'.
    I'm going to the football tomorrow, and I'm excited.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:

But I am behind CARD!! I want Roland out. I agree with CARD that we support the team and not the regime. I except that some wish to go there own way and boycott as well. What is tedious is that every slightest positive comment is met with a re-gurgetation of anti regime comments.

Can we not just take it as read that we want Rolly out, have a sensible discussion, and leave the regime stuff for the appropriate threads?

Isn't it taken as read that all Charlton fans want Charlton to win on Saturday?
  • Options
    Of course like all Charlton fans I want a win on Saturday, they are my team. Unfortunately they are not my club anymore.
  • Options
    It's the reverse of when we were 4th in the Premiership and Parker left. Expectations were, in the main, unrealistically high, we could only go downwards whether Parker stayed or not. This season we were a handful of points off the bottom 4 in League 1 at one stage, so expectations were low. The win at Bolton was a great result but it's in danger of being inflated too far. As others have said, a home to Fleetwood being deemed a 'biggie' shows how far we have fallen. To re-phrase, @T.C.E, our team may (but only may) have turned the corner. Whether our club has turned the corner will need a lot more evidence before I, for one, will be convinced.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Redrobo said:

But I am behind CARD!! I want Roland out. I agree with CARD that we support the team and not the regime. I except that some wish to go there own way and boycott as well. What is tedious is that every slightest positive comment is met with a re-gurgetation of anti regime comments.

Can we not just take it as read that we want Rolly out, have a sensible discussion, and leave the regime stuff for the appropriate threads?

Isn't it taken as read that all Charlton fans want Charlton to win on Saturday?
    Absolutely. But the thread is about do we have a good feeling that we have turned a corner.
    I think we have. I do not think it was age alone that made us so pedestrian, I think our teams both last season and this did not buy into the club and put in the commitment we would want to see. We all may have a fair idea why this would have been.
    This is why I think I and others put a lot of stock into the Bolton result. We should have lost. Last season and up to Xmas, I think we would have done. Something has changed for the better.
    The biggest change for me is I am looking forward to a match; and with some optimism of enjoying it - win or not.
  • Options
    That's another plus @Redrobo . The football under Slade was painfull - an afront to the senses, and it's been ongoing. Suddenly we may have a team who can pass, attack and defend, not just hoof it up front and hope. As I said, I'm not seeing any corners turned at the moment, but if the swallows turn into a summer, imagine having a Charlton team to watch who can play and win !!!!
  • Options
    We're a bit better and thats about it. Hopefully we can get a settled side and carve out a few results.
    The trouble is if we do improve then players will just be sold.....
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Burnley, 1947
    Sunderland, 1998
    Fleetwood, 2017?

Dare we dream the tremendence dream?

Exciting times indeed. I don't know whether KR has them all "in a better position". Lookman and Fox maybe, probably not all of them though.

Brilliant
  • Options

Could not agree more with RedRobbo my sentiments exactly COYR