Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Virat Kohli.

I always had a grudging respect for someone like Ricky Ponting.
He hated losing, would boil over now and then; however, I always thought that he had an underlying respect for the game and its officials.
I dont get the same vibe with Kohli. I thought he was appalling yesterday; seemingly arguing aggressively with the umpires on a number of occassions.
It has got to a stage that when they play the Aussies, I hope Warner makes a mug of him. Now that is saying something!

Comments

• Options
    I noticed that too. Being a cricketing hero in India basically makes you a god, so maybe it's gone to his head.
  • Options
    One thing you cannot deny is he is a serious talent.

That back foot pick up over Mid On for six off Mills yesterday was a thing of beauty.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

I noticed that too. Being a cricketing hero in India basically makes you a god, so maybe it's gone to his head.

I am sure Stokes is thinking just let me have one pop at him!
  • Options

One thing you cannot deny is he is a serious talent.

That back foot pick up over Mid On for six off Mills yesterday was a thing of beauty.

Definitely.
  • Options
    Kohli is a top player, but he's a prick.

It doesn't help that after every ball the Indian broadcasters show him, so he's constantly on screen. He comes across as arrogant, but I think a lot of it is him playing up to the home crowd, who worship him.

He's pretty poor in the field for a cricketer at the peak of his game, so it always brings a smile when he dives over one at cover or misses a run out chance with a poor pick up.

Agree that his actions towards the umpires yesterday were out of order, and showed a lack of respect.
  • Options
    Class act
  • Options
    i think with ricky ponting it was more to do with the slow realisation he would be the first aussie captain in a generation to lose the ashes etc and trying to get performances out of an aging team. That internal pressure did boil over a few times.
  • Options
    I know they are trying to promote it as a quick game, but still don't understand why there is no DRS - this would get rid of any trying to influence the Umps.
    Kohli is the worst.
  • Options

I know they are trying to promote it as a quick game, but still don't understand why there is no DRS - this would get rid of any trying to influence the Umps.
    Kohli is the worst.

AND there should be neutral umpires for all internationals, not just tests
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kohli should clearly have been given out yesterday. I believe the umpire could have been influenced by the vociferous crowd and the fact that Kohli is their hero.
  • Options
    Lbw not given again. Good that he was run out as well.
  • Options
    I bet he has got the grumps!
  • Options
    Well that was exciting. My missus would have taken a wicket today.
    Nasser was spot on about Root and the pressure he built. Still one of our finest though.
  • Options

For some reason Root has got it in his head that he should become a power hitter. He was averaging 40 at a strike rate of over 140 by just playing the game his way. The last two games when the run rate has began to accelerate he has turned into a Sunday Village cricketer charging down the wicket and trying to smash the ball over cow whilst his head is in the air and balance all over the place.

He just needed to push the 1s and 2s, like before to keep the score ticking over and thus let Morgan, Butler and Stokes do there thing.

Also Kohli really needs a talking to. Questioning the umpires LBW decision the first ball of the innings when the ball would not have hit a second set of stumps is not in the spirit of cricket.

And the "spirit of cricket" is very much incorporated within the Laws:

1. There are two Laws which place responsibility for the team's conduct firmly on the captain.

Responsibility of captains

The captains are responsible at all times for ensuring that play is conducted within the Spirit of the Game as well as within the Laws.

Player's conduct

In the event of a player failing to comply with instructions by an umpire, or criticising by word or action the decision of an umpire, or showing dissent, or generally behaving in a manner which might bring the game into disrepute, the umpire concerned shall in the first place report the matter to the other umpire and to the player's captain, and instruct the latter to take action.

4. The Spirit of the Game involves RESPECT for:

Your opponents

Your own captain

The roles of the umpires

The game's traditional values

5. It is against the Spirit of the Game:

To dispute an umpire's decision by word, action or gesture

To direct abusive language towards an opponent or umpire

To indulge in cheating or any sharp practice, for instance:

(a) to appeal knowing that the batsman is not out

(b) to advance towards an umpire in an aggressive manner when appealing

(c) to seek to distract an opponent either verbally or by harassment with persistent clapping or unnecessary noise under the guise of enthusiasm and motivation of one's own side

On a number of counts Kohli has been walking on thin ice but I suspect he is more than happy to push it when playing at home and with Indian Umpires in charge.
  • Options

For some reason Root has got it in his head that he should become a power hitter. He was averaging 40 at a strike rate of over 140 by just playing the game his way. The last two games when the run rate has began to accelerate he has turned into a Sunday Village cricketer charging down the wicket and trying to smash the ball over cow whilst his head is in the air and balance all over the place.

He just needed to push the 1s and 2s, like before to keep the score ticking over and thus let Morgan, Butler and Stokes do there thing.

Also Kohli really needs a talking to. Questioning the umpires LBW decision the first ball of the innings when the ball would not have hit a second set of stumps is not in the spirit of cricket.

And the "spirit of cricket" is very much incorporated within the Laws:

1. There are two Laws which place responsibility for the team's conduct firmly on the captain.

Responsibility of captains

The captains are responsible at all times for ensuring that play is conducted within the Spirit of the Game as well as within the Laws.

Player's conduct

In the event of a player failing to comply with instructions by an umpire, or criticising by word or action the decision of an umpire, or showing dissent, or generally behaving in a manner which might bring the game into disrepute, the umpire concerned shall in the first place report the matter to the other umpire and to the player's captain, and instruct the latter to take action.

4. The Spirit of the Game involves RESPECT for:

Your opponents

Your own captain

The roles of the umpires

The game's traditional values

5. It is against the Spirit of the Game:

To dispute an umpire's decision by word, action or gesture

To direct abusive language towards an opponent or umpire

To indulge in cheating or any sharp practice, for instance:

(a) to appeal knowing that the batsman is not out

(b) to advance towards an umpire in an aggressive manner when appealing

(c) to seek to distract an opponent either verbally or by harassment with persistent clapping or unnecessary noise under the guise of enthusiasm and motivation of one's own side

On a number of counts Kohli has been walking on thin ice but I suspect he is more than happy to push it when playing at home and with Indian Umpires in charge.
    You mean when playing at Edgbaston.?