Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall v Watford

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2017

You and most Charlton fans would love Morrison in your team

We had Derek Hales, Morrison is a poor imitation.

• Options
    looks like our game against Oxford will be rescheduled on 18th feb as this classes with FACUP 5th round which they made it through. Also with Scunny, bit of a fixture pile up coming at some point
  • Options
    The camera panned to the crowd where a millwall fan in the front row was pointing and shouting c**t repeatedly, before 2 young lads (assume related to the guy) did the same. They were at most 12 years old. The camera quickly changed back to the game.

About 30 seconds later and Jonathan Pearce is saying what a great club they are and how their reputation is unfair
  • Options
    I had them on an acca with Reading, Burton and, er Bolton. Serves me right. I wish we could get up for the Cup and play our socks off until knocked out instead of falling apart at the first or second opportunity. Fair play to Millwall, they are in the hat and will fancy their chances if they can get another home draw.
  • Options
    Ben18 said:

The camera panned to the crowd where a millwall fan in the front row was pointing and shouting c**t repeatedly, before 2 young lads (assume related to the guy) did the same. They were at most 12 years old. The camera quickly changed back to the game.

About 30 seconds later and Jonathan Pearce is saying what a great club they are and how their reputation is unfair

Yeah, but what a result. Right?

Okay so we needed the ref to be completely on our side, to give Watford nothing, to play against a reserve team and for Watford to be the only side to have a genuine penalty appeal turned down (ignore the handball in the Watford area when Gregory beat Pantaloons* to the ball and hooked it back, goalwards, only for the goal bound touch to hit the hand of the defender).

Being the better of the two teams on the day and having the most clear cut chances shouldn't count for anything.

I just wish you could be happy for us :wink:
  • Options
    I'm happy for you BBW. Great result and well deserved by the sounds of it. Hope you get a good draw.
  • Options
    Millwall are a very physical even bordering on cynical side. Meat and drink to them. Thoroughly deserved their win today and good luck to them.
  • Options

Millwall are a very physical even bordering on cynical side. Meat and drink to them. Thoroughly deserved their win today and good luck to them.

A proper football team, then?

We're not graced with hugely skillful players, and are never likely to be. We accept that there are teams that play more 'attractive' football than us. What we have is a squad of players that play to their strengths and for one another. I'll never ask for more than that.

Cynicism exists in most aspects of today's game. Some of it is even accepted as the norm.
  • Options
    Fair play to Millwall - totally deserved the win.

We were outplayed in every area.

They will get more in as well with a decent cup draw - 6k home fans must have been a bit disappointing?

And yes there were a few unsavoury supporters! (Not that ours were perfect)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cblock said:

You and most Charlton fans would love Morrison in your team

We had Derek Hales, Morrison is a poor imitation.

Lol - keep dreaming!! I'm talking about now not in your dreams.......
  • Options
    A big mistake by Watford to turn up with an under-strength side. Millwall were the better and more motivated side and thoroughly deserved the win.

They are a settled side and Harris has got them very well organised. The front two are a handful and Thompson and Williams were very impressive in midfield.
  • Options
    I hope Millwall get to the quarter finals and lose. A couple of postponed league games, a bit of a fixture pile up and a couple of injuries, hopefully to Morison or Gregory. I don't want them to get to Wembley again.
  • Options

I hope Millwall get to the quarter finals and lose. A couple of postponed league games, a bit of a fixture pile up and a couple of injuries, hopefully to Morison or Gregory. I don't want them to get to Wembley again.

Happy New Year to you as well.
  • Options
    TBH with all the upsets going on this weekend (or nearly going on for North London teams who play in white) this one surprised me least (unlike Lincoln beating Brighton or SUtton beating Leeds). Watford are struggling anyway and tend to bottle big games. Millwall are set up well. Pleased to see so many prem teams that are fielding understrength sides go out. In this instance the Spanners are clearly there on merit. Hope they get Lincoln away next round.
  • Options
    Couldnt give a toss about who won if im honest. Cant imagine millwall or watford fans discussing our win at bolton on their forums!
  • Options

bellz2002 said:

Did I just see a millwall supporter do a monkey gesture / dance behind Ian Wright just now?! Despicable.

Have a day off will you
    Have a day off? Strange comment.

If I interpreted it wrong then fair enough, I may be wrong. However if he was doing what I thought he was doing then it is despicable. Not sure how that's weird?!
  • Options

bellz2002 said:

Did I just see a millwall supporter do a monkey gesture / dance behind Ian Wright just now?! Despicable.

I think your looking for something that never existed.
    I thought to myself "what the fuck is he doing"
    I didn't interpret it the way you did though.
    Wasn't really looking for something. I don't expect Millwall fans or anyone to do that. Never entered my mind. I could have misinterpreted. I accept that.
  • Options
    Watford should have seen out a draw TBF.
  • Options

Well we would have just lost the replay (Millwall always beat us at the Vic!) live on TV etc.

As I say it wasn't so much the defeat but the abject performance from some supposed decent players....

BTW Great win for you guys yesterday - keep it up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Well we would have just lost the replay (Millwall always beat us at the Vic!) live on TV etc.

As I say it wasn't so much the defeat but the abject performance from some supposed decent players....

BTW Great win for you guys yesterday - keep it up.
    That Mason lad looks to have something about him going forward. Never a defender, though. Well, not now anyway.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    bellz2002 said:

bellz2002 said:

Have a day off will you
    Have a day off? Strange comment.

If I interpreted it wrong then fair enough, I may be wrong. However if he was doing what I thought he was doing then it is despicable. Not sure how that's weird?!
    @bellz2002 I wasn't really paying attention to the after match pitch side chit chat so I rewound the incident when you mentioned it and I have to agree with you, it didn't look good. Whether the two idiots had an ulterior motive for doing it in the line of sight behind Ian Wright or were just larking about is the 64000 dollar question but I sincerely hope it was the later.
  • Options
    Cheers @RedChaser good to know it wasn't just me! Yep let's hope it's the latter and leave it at that :smile:

Shame Watford underestimated the cup tie but well done to Millwall for taking advantage. Hopefully if they get a big draw next round, we can take advantage of their heads being turned!
  • Options
    bellz2002 said:

Cheers @RedChaser good to know it wasn't just me! Yep let's hope it's the latter and leave it at that :smile:

Shame Watford underestimated the cup tie but well done to Millwall for taking advantage. Hopefully if they get a big draw next round, we can take advantage of their heads being turned!

Genuinely didn't look like a monkey dance to me and I'd have said so if I thought it was. Just some plum being a plum. Great game today. Loved it. Great atmosphere.

• Options
    If they draw Chelsea or Spurs , it will be very interesting
  • Options
    Millwall remain the only club to reach an FA Cup Final and not have a shot.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Millwall remain the only club to reach an FA Cup Final and not have a shot.

Prove it.
  • Options
    I was in the Watford end (long story, PM me if you're really interested), very little enthusiasm from their supporters but seeing as they were watching mainly reserves it was understandable.

Watford were appalling, no energy, no vision, took far too long to get the ball up the other end and then generally made the wrong decision when they did, Millwall, much as a hate to say it, were up for it, played better, and deserved the win. Morrison, loathe him or loathe him, knows where the goal is.
  • Options

going to see a lot of this.

Are you saying we hide Asian men under the floorboards?

Bit weird if so.