Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

KR v RS - how's it going?

123457»

Comments

• Robinson - P28 W7 D10 L11 For 32 Against 36

Slade - P21 W5 D10 L6 For 22 Against 22

* Slade got his P45 after 21 league and cup games

And for those who prefer just to look at league games:

Robinson - P26 W7 D9 L10 For 31 Against 35 Points 30

Slade - P16 W4 D8 L4 For 18 Against 17 Points 20

*Slade got his P45 after 16 league games.
  • SDAddick said:

Slide started season with a fresh squad. KR took over when injuries started to hit the squad.

My thoughts exactly. Slade had Magennis,, Novak, Holmes, and Pearce all fit plus Lookman, and seemingly chose not the pick Tex. He also had a summer to build his squad and in my opinion did a rather poor job of it.
    I don't think Slade did that badly in the transfer market to be fair, for me it's more what he did with the players in playing negative defensive football trying to hold on to a 1-0 lead which didn't work (Wimbledon, Port Vale, Oldham all spring to mind) and then you also have the games where we went 4-5-1 such as Gillingham.

I do agree with your point about Tex, if there was never an issue over his contract he should have been in the team a lot sooner.

It also makes you wonder what Slade did or didn't see in Aribo to play in centre mid? By the time Aribo made his debut we'd already gone through Crofts, Foley, Jackson and Ulvestad, did Slade never rate Aribo? His presence in the team co-incides with Robinson's run as manager. You could almost ask a similar question of why Konsa wasn't considered an option in midfield under Slade either?

On a seperate note many of us - myself included - felt we needed 3 or 4 midfielders going into the January transfer window but with the emergence of Konsa and Aribo in midfield maybe we already had the players but they just weren't given the opportunities? Add the signing of JFC and suddenly centre mid doesn't appear as weak as it was albeit with room for improvement still.
    Seems clear to me that Slade was a racist