Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

KR v RS - how's it going?

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:

Give KR this season and next season then reassess. No managerial changes.

How long do you need to look at failure and listen to complete bull? Sack him now. Sack him later. Who cares ? He's worse than Karel and more loyal as a puppet. Let's have Congo Chris and cut out the middle man.

Why does this guy deserve any longer than any other third rate manager employed in the Roly nightmare?
    This is why I fight, folks
    Don't understand what you're saying here @Leuth
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Leuth said:

How long do you need to look at failure and listen to complete bull? Sack him now. Sack him later. Who cares ? He's worse than Karel and more loyal as a puppet. Let's have Congo Chris and cut out the middle man.

Why does this guy deserve any longer than any other third rate manager employed in the Roly nightmare?
    When I see that kind of lazy antagonistic unconstructive nonsense it angers me, that's all
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Give Karl at least another 12 months of proper support to see how he goes. If we're not looking like promotion candidates by February next season, he's on thin ice.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Leuth said:

JamesSeed said:

Leuth said:

When I see that kind of lazy antagonistic unconstructive nonsense it angers me, that's all
    Ignore it then mate, the clue is in the posters username. :wink:
  • Options
    Leuth said:

JamesSeed said:

Leuth said:

Of course it's nonsense and I expect grumpy knows it's nonsense but then that's probably his point. The whole set up of the club is nonsense and it matters not who is the manager or how long they get. There will be no investment in a squad to push for promotion how on earth does any fan still expect that's going to happen. What makes you think things will be different this summer with KR in charge?
  • Options
    Nug said:

Leuth said:

JamesSeed said:

Leuth said:

Of course it's nonsense and I expect grumpy knows it's nonsense but then that's probably his point. The whole set up of the club is nonsense and it matters not who is the manager or how long they get. There will be no investment in a squad to push for promotion how on earth does any fan still expect that's going to happen. What makes you think things will be different this summer with KR in charge?
    Because I believe they're foolish rather than malign, and they have no option but to learn, however slowly.
  • Options
    Don't get the impression RD thinks he has anything to learn. I expect the pattern to continue. Somehow he was persuaded to go with English coaches but I expect that will stop once KR is dismissed and Congo Chris steps up.
  • Options
    I am not Robinson's biggest fan, think he talks too much and needs to step back a bit from the lime light and concentrate on managing. But in terms of the football he plays its a non comparison with Slade, RS's style was negative and painful to watch. KR at least sets his sides up to try and play attacking football.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

JamesSeed said:

Leuth said:

Lazy: What ever it is, it isn't lazy. Grumpy went to the trouble of posting that, the lazy option would have been to do nothing.

Antagonistic: It's only antagonistic if you want it to be. I certainly don't feel antagonised by it.

Unconstructive: If you follow the logic, it's very constructive. It clearly highlights that the problems we face are with the ownership of the club. At this moment in time unconstructive is focusing on who the manager is, whether they should be sacked and how long they should be given. Under normal circumstances these would be perfectly reasonable areas for debate, but all the time this particular haddock is rotting from the head down, managerial questions are largely inconsequential because no manager will succeed under the current regime.

Nonsense: Just because you disagree with something does't make it nonsense.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Leuth said:

JamesSeed said:

Leuth said:

Lazy: What ever it is, it isn't lazy. Grumpy went to the trouble of posting that, the lazy option would have been to do nothing.

Antagonistic: It's only antagonistic if you want it to be. I certainly don't feel antagonised by it.

Unconstructive: If you follow the logic, it's very constructive. It clearly highlights that the problems we face are with the ownership of the club. At this moment in time unconstructive is focusing on who the manager is, whether they should be sacked and how long they should be given. Under normal circumstances these would be perfectly reasonable areas for debate, but all the time this particular haddock is rotting from the head down, managerial questions are largely inconsequential because no manager will succeed under the current regime.

Not lazy because he posted something to the internet? This is a webforum. We're all lazy! And yeah, it's especially lazy in its thinking. The notion that everything is constantly getting worse, that you'll never have to engage with anything in a remotely positive way. That's lazy.

Antagonistic in any personal sense depends on whether you have time for KR. But it's indisputably antagonistic towards him.

Unconstructive - pshaw to your logic. A constructive response would be to highlight ways in which we as fans might act to salvage the situation. Merely saying 'it doesn't matter who's in charge' is nihilistic, not constructive. It clearly does matter, anyway - wouldn't you prefer to already be in a higher league when RD sells up? Wouldn't you rather have scraps of success to feed from in the meantime, meagre as they are? It's demonstrably a more fulfilling life as a Charlton supporter when the team seems capable of doing anything positive. Even if you literally only care about getting rid of the owners, it's still not constructive, because it doesn't have any relevant suggestions. It's a grump in the night, a drive-by Fox hunt.

As for nonsense, 'He's worse than Karel and more loyal as a puppet'. Nonsense. N. O. N. S. E. N. S. E. Absolute buggering poppycock.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:

Stig said:

Leuth said:

JamesSeed said:

Leuth said:

Not lazy because he posted something to the internet? This is a webforum. We're all lazy! And yeah, it's especially lazy in its thinking. The notion that everything is constantly getting worse, that you'll never have to engage with anything in a remotely positive way. That's lazy.

Antagonistic in any personal sense depends on whether you have time for KR. But it's indisputably antagonistic towards him.

Unconstructive - pshaw to your logic. A constructive response would be to highlight ways in which we as fans might act to salvage the situation. Merely saying 'it doesn't matter who's in charge' is nihilistic, not constructive. It clearly does matter, anyway - wouldn't you prefer to already be in a higher league when RD sells up? Wouldn't you rather have scraps of success to feed from in the meantime, meagre as they are? It's demonstrably a more fulfilling life as a Charlton supporter when the team seems capable of doing anything positive. Even if you literally only care about getting rid of the owners, it's still not constructive, because it doesn't have any relevant suggestions. It's a grump in the night, a drive-by Fox hunt.

As for nonsense, 'He's worse than Karel and more loyal as a puppet'. Nonsense. N. O. N. S. E. N. S. E. Absolute buggering poppycock.
    Officially the most 'Leuth' comment, on a non-politics thread, ever.
  • Options
    You're all siding with a comment that has KR as worse than Karel? What reality is this? I want to get off
  • Options
    Karl 'the gob' Robinson is ten times the manager than Karel the basket case.
    for example karl could talk tactics for hours on end, unfortunately mainly in hindsight. Karel's tactical knowledge can be summed up in two words, "spread out"
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Stig said:

Leuth said:

JamesSeed said:

Leuth said:

All very well, but you forgot to point out the tautology of "At this moment in time".
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Nug said:

Don't get the impression RD thinks he has anything to learn. I expect the pattern to continue. Somehow he was persuaded to go with English coaches but I expect that will stop once KR is dismissed and Congo Chris steps up.

Spot on. He thinks he knows it all already.
  • Options

Leuth said:

Stig said:

Leuth said:

JamesSeed said:

Leuth said:

All very well, but you forgot to point out the tautology of "At this moment in time".
    Is that strictly speaking a tautology? Not sure it is. The 'in time' is unnecessary, rather than a repitition. So that would make it a pleonasm I think?
  • Options

How many points were MK Dons behind us when they sacked KR and how many points have they caught up since or even just sInce KR Took us over?

After the Sheffield Utd game (Nugent's last) CAFC were 11th, two points behind Peterboro in 6th and one point behind Millwall in 9th. All having played 19 games.

MK Dons were 19th with 21 points (six behind CAFC on 27) also on 19 games.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-one/2016-2017/table/2016-11-26
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

How many points were MK Dons behind us when they sacked KR and how many points have they caught up since or even just sInce KR Took us over?

After the Sheffield Utd game (Nugent's last) CAFC were 11th, two points behind Peterboro in 6th and one point behind Millwall in 9th. All having played 19 games.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-one/2016-2017/table/2016-11-26
    Oh! So MK Dons have improved since binning KR, including beating us in the Cup and we, in relation, have got worse.

But of course, the stats lie......!!!
  • Options

Updated after 15 games:

Robinson - P15 W3 D7 L5 For 15 Against 18

Slade - P15 W3 D7 L5 For 15 Against 15

Well, what do you know?!

Quelle surprise
  • Options
    supaclive said:

Oh! So MK Dons have improved since binning KR, including beating us in the Cup and we, in relation, have got worse.

He managed a team that finished below us last season and how shite were we?
  • Options

supaclive said:

He managed a team that finished below us last season and how shite were we?
    THE STATS DON'T LIE. We've got worse since he joined and they've got better!

Who's the only common theme in that equation!

• Options
    Poppycock
    Nihilistic
    Acquiescence
    Pleonasm

This is my new favourite thread.
  • Options
    But Robinson is happy to have O'Loughlin in his team, Slade wasn't.

• Options

But Robinson is happy to have O'Loughlin in his team, Slade wasn't.

To me it looks like a way of trying to buy himself more time than RDs previous coaches/managers.

Even if he gets more time he won't get the squad as RD expects young players to get plenty of games.

That's where this situation is so different than Powell's first half a season.

I'm pretty certain no academy player made their debut in our title winning season. Only Solly broke into the team, and he had been in and around the first team for a couple of years by that point.

This wasn't because Powell wouldn't give them a chance, but because he knew what he was doing and was allowed to get on with it. In the following seasons we saw Cousins, Harriott and Poyet break through, with Fox, Lennon and Pigott also making appearances.

Since then we've seen KAG and Kennedy thrown in too early, and Muldoon, Umerah and Hanlan making a few appearances but no real impact. They all boost the numbers so that KM can talk about how "productive" our academy is but it means very little when they aren't really adding anything to the first team. In the case of KAG it had a negative effect on his career.
  • Options
    If you did the stats on League games only, Slade has a better record