Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dutch PM Rutte: 'If you don't like it here, then leave'

Comments

• Rotterdam Rutte
  • Crikey the rat pack wont approve of those comments
  • Obviously this is the stupidest thing he could have said. It's almost unbelievably stupid.
  • Obviously scared of losing out to the far right candidate.

If everyone who moaned about this country left, the entire place would empty
  • edited January 2017
    And here they come, right on que.
  • And here come the rats!

Oh no, not KM's family
  • I'm all for an aggressive liberal response to the fascist uprisings of the West but telling people to fuck off out of the country is literally using the rhetoric of the bigots. Even if that's an intentional device I can't see how it'll play well. Surely 'these hateful bastards don't give a shit about you' would be the better message
  • I love how our own Brexit crew are completely misinterpreting everything about this story. Guys, Rutte is the 'liberal' candidate. He is talking to people like you, not to Muslims. I would rather he spoke with more empathy and tolerance. We're on the same side here.
  • I used to drink in a pub near basingstoke which is a fullers pub. One day hsb was £3.30a pint next day it was £3.80 a pint..... When i asked about the 20% rise the landlord said if i dont like it drink somewhere else .... Guess what i drink somewhere else.. I didnt go into holocsust orgasmic mode like some are here just decided if you dont want my business, someone else will. And they now have.... Btw his pub is now up for sale.
  • I always saw the Dutch as quite liberal - especially the liberal liberals
  • Sponsored links:

• Rutte said "we have to actively defend our values" against people who refuse to integrate or act antisocially. "Behave normally or go away."

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/fight-for-the-right-dutch-pm-says-integrate-or-leave/ar-AAm8giA?li=BBoPWjQ
  • I used to drink in a pub near basingstoke which is a fullers pub. One day hsb was £3.30a pint next day it was £3.80 a pint..... When i asked about the 20% rise the landlord said if i dont like it drink somewhere else .... Guess what i drink somewhere else.. I didnt go into holocsust orgasmic mode like some are here just decided if you dont want my business, someone else will. And they now have.... Btw his pub is now up for sale.

That's a brilliant analogy.

If Jeremy Corbyn got into power and said "If you have any intolerance of foreigners, get out", would you praise him for his candour or go into holocaust orgasmic mode? Know where my money is
  • And here we go.
    BREXIT THREAD PART TWO
  • Leuth said:

I used to drink in a pub near basingstoke which is a fullers pub. One day hsb was £3.30a pint next day it was £3.80 a pint..... When i asked about the 20% rise the landlord said if i dont like it drink somewhere else .... Guess what i drink somewhere else.. I didnt go into holocsust orgasmic mode like some are here just decided if you dont want my business, someone else will. And they now have.... Btw his pub is now up for sale.

That's a brilliant analogy.

If Jeremy Corbyn got into power and said "If you have any intolerance of foreigners, get out", would you praise him for his candour or go into holocaust orgasmic mode? Know where my money is
    Thanks i am known for that..... If i didnt like a place i would leave... Btw corbyn wont. And no i hate the tories.

Is this a tag match only two more to go.
  • Rutte said "we have to actively defend our values" against people who refuse to integrate or act antisocially. "Behave normally or go away."

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/fight-for-the-right-dutch-pm-says-integrate-or-leave/ar-AAm8giA?li=BBoPWjQ

Its wasted here mate
  • Chizz said:

I used to drink in a pub near basingstoke which is a fullers pub. One day hsb was £3.30a pint next day it was £3.80 a pint..... When i asked about the 20% rise the landlord said if i dont like it drink somewhere else .... Guess what i drink somewhere else.. I didnt go into holocsust orgasmic mode like some are here just decided if you dont want my business, someone else will. And they now have.... Btw his pub is now up for sale.

I think you've posted on the wrong thread. This one is about a stupid, needless outburst by a liberal candidate in a Dutch election. You should stay and make some comments about him on here.

And you could copy and paste your comment to the "what's the most boring story you know about a pub?" thread.
    Lol from you priceless....
  • Well that went to shit quickly.
  • edited January 2017
    Leuth said:

I love how our own Brexit crew are completely misinterpreting everything about this story. Guys, Rutte is the 'liberal' candidate. He is talking to people like you, not to Muslims. I would rather he spoke with more empathy and tolerance. We're on the same side here.

That was my first thought @Leuth, and my response was similar to yours.. he's an idiot for using their exact message. That's not the case though - Mr. Rutte is indeed in agreement with "people like me":
    The Dutch felt increasingly uncomfortable with people who abused the very freedom they came in search of, Mr Rutte argued.

Mr Rutte also complained about anti-social behaviour on public transport and on the streets, but particularly targeted those who refused to adapt to Dutch values, harassed women in short skirts and gay men, and branded ordinary people as racists.

"If you live in a country where you get so annoyed with how we deal each other, you have a choice. Get out! You don't have to be here!"
    This isn't an attack on the right; it's an admission that they're gaining ground, and an adoption of their own message.

Sweden, on the other hand, have openly come out with the kind of message you refer to though - stating that integration includes Swedish people changing. This was very myopic though, as they're essentially arguing with people who are afraid of losing their country (whether rightly or wrongly) by telling them that The Old Sweden has gone, and it's time for The New Land. (A very peculiar message indeed.)
  • Sponsored links:

• Well that went to shit quickly.

Feel another lecture on its way...
  • And here we go.
    BREXIT THREAD PART TWO

Hey, if you don't like this thread, then leave.
    Why arnt the rat pack going into the mode like they did. against Billericay after that comment... Its just the same.
  • And here we go.
    BREXIT THREAD PART TWO

Why arnt the rat pack going into the mode like they did. against Billericay after that comment... Its just the same.
    I don't particularly read the political threads. I don't really know who thinks what, or which side is which, and I don't recognise your username from any other posts. So coming into this thread wih no baggage I can objectively say, you really do seem to be spoiling for a fight rather than holding any kind of reasoned discussion. Do you actually have any real points to make?
  • Well read and you will know its called double standards...
  • JiMMy 85 said:

And here we go.
    BREXIT THREAD PART TWO

I don't particularly read the political threads. I don't really know who thinks what, or which side is which, and I don't recognise your username from any other posts. So coming into this thread wih no baggage I can objectively say, you really do seem to be spoiling for a fight rather than holding any kind of reasoned discussion. Do you actually have any real points to make?
    I could actually cut.and paste your comments to you and say the same.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

And here we go.
    BREXIT THREAD PART TWO

It was actually meant to be a pop at Roger Johnson thread when I started it.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

And here we go.
    BREXIT THREAD PART TWO

I could actually cut.and paste your comments to you and say the same.
    Well... Go on then...