Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Arsenal v Burnley

Here with my lad as part of his birthday present. Disappointed no JBG for Burnley (injured??) and Pope not even on the bench

Comments

• Options
    Burnley are very well organised and doing well so far. Have the Locals started moaning yet?
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    One of the best sights in Football is seeing Arsene Wenger getting pissed off. Probably my most hated football related person.

• Options
    Injury time penalty for Burnley, 1-1. Wenger being his usual gracious self, getting himself sent off. Funny how he managed to see incidents clearly when decisions go against his team.
  • Options
    C**s, debatable penalty in the last minute. Lucky wankers
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Injury time penalty for Burnley, 1-1. Wenger being his usual gracious self, getting himself sent off. Funny how he managed to see incidents clearly when decisions go against his team.

Sums him up. I don't suppose he will mention that koscielny was offside when he was fouled for their penalty.

Wenger is like a big kid - shoved the 4th official as well. Despicable little man.
  • Options
    I can see why it's a penalty at the end but what is Mee supposed to do? Not challenge for the ball?
  • Options

I can see why it's a penalty at the end but what is Mee supposed to do? Not challenge for the ball?

Game should have been stopped for clear offside anyway.
  • Options
    Defo offside
  • Options
    Completed my double on the beat the bookies thread: )
  • Options
    There's no other club on planet earth as lucky as them fcukers. 98th min? FFS.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ref & Lino won that for Arsenal. The cult of "all about me" refereeing strikes again. Its a Lottery. Marriner bottled giving a penalty and a red card at Man City. Every red card by Mike Dean gets rescinded the following week and we know all about Keith Stroud in our division. Too many celebrity refs.
  • Options

Sums him up. I don't suppose he will mention that koscielny was offside when he was fouled for their penalty.

Wenger is like a big kid - shoved the 4th official as well. Dispicable Despicable little man.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    can't be too disappointed as had £5 on 2-1 Arsenal but agree about Wenger, horrible little man
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Spurs
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Spurs
    Ha, you're having a laugh.
  • Options
    Thought the bad decisions kind of evened themselves out.

The red card was harsh imo, and the contact for the Burnely pen was fairly minimal. Can see why both decisions were given but don't personally think that should be enough for a red card or a penalty.

Arsenal's shouldn't have been a penalty because Koscielny was offside, but it was tight and he was coming out and trying to get onside so can forgive the Lino not picking it out. Once it wasn't given, the high foot was definitely a foul and a penalty was the correct call.
  • Options
    I like Arsenal, not just cos my boy supports them but a lot of my mates too. They play a lovely silky style and the stadium is superb. I like Wenger too despite his selective vision but some of their supporters, nay, a large section of their supporters, are absolute bellends.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

I like Arsenal, not just cos my boy supports them but a lot of my mates too. They play a lovely silky style and the stadium is superb. I like Wenger too despite his selective vision but some of their supporters, nay, a large section of their supporters, are absolute bellends.

I admire the way they play, and fair play for Wenger for continually playing that style, although perhaps it has stopped them getting more trophies over the last few years.

But how can anyone actually like Wenger, he's consistent in his approach to only seeing decisions he wants, and IMO, you just cannot respect anyone who does that.
  • Options
    Seriously, what other club's supporters put up banners of their star striker...and his dogs?

• Options
    I like Wenger - he is just a bad loser but I understand that! So would I be doing his job. I would like him to be the next England manager.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i wouldn't rule out the mob down the road doing something similar good to see them lose again the weekend :smile: