Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FC Utrecht v Charlton Athletic, 11/08/06

Afternoon all,
Hope all is well.

Think I've asked before, but, can't find it, has anyone got any photos or stories about our game in Holland 11 years ago ?

Thanks.

Comments

• edited January 2017
    There are two short items posted on YouTube under FC Utrecht - Charlton Athletic.

I was living in Holland in 2006 and this was my first taste of the Dowie era. 2-2 wasn't a bad start.

My abiding memory is of being bundled onto a bus after the game, not to be taken to the Central Station but being dropped off at Maarssen, a station on the Utrecht-Amsterdam line. I guess the OB thought that everyone would be staying in Amsterdam. I needed Rotterdam, however, and managed to get back to Utrecht Central just in time to catch a late-evening train. Kipped in the office.

• I can only help with a copy of the programme from that day.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/addicks7-6/7403996984

I collect programmes, it would be fantastic if you had a spare to sell.

Please inbox me if you have.

You've never bought anything in your life
  • There are two short items posted on YouTube under FC Utrecht - Charlton Athletic.

I was living in Holland in 2006 and this was my first taste of the Dowie era. 2-2 wasn't a bad start.

My abiding memory is of being bundled onto a bus after the game, not to be taken to the Central Station but being dropped off at Maarssen, a station on the Utrecht-Amsterdam line. I guess the OB thought that everyone would be staying in Amsterdam. I needed Rotterdam, however, and managed to get back to Utrecht Central just in time to catch a late-evening train. Kipped in the office.

Spot on GHF, I was on that bloody bus, the bastards dropped us off in the middle of nowhere, really thought it was going to kick off that night, plenty were getting very agitated. The other thing I remember was sitting watching the game amongst about 200 of us inside a cage, even had netting over the top of our heads!
  • Essex_Al said:

There are two short items posted on YouTube under FC Utrecht - Charlton Athletic.

Spot on GHF, I was on that bloody bus, the bastards dropped us off in the middle of nowhere, really thought it was going to kick off that night, plenty were getting very agitated. The other thing I remember was sitting watching the game amongst about 200 of us inside a cage, even had netting over the top of our heads!
    They kept us in for a good 45 minutes afterwards as well. But to be fair they kept the bar open and the staff were very friendly.

We were staying in Amsterdam so the bus to the station was helpful (even though we didn't know where the f*** we were).

I'd been on the beer all day and when we got back to Amsterdam Centraal headed straight for a "coffee" at one of the local coffee shops. I slept well that night!! :smile:
  • clb74 said:

I can only help with a copy of the programme from that day.

You've never bought anything in your life
    I do if it is a programme.
  • No programmes that night for the match issued.

As for the bus back to Utrecht for all you guys that didt,t require train to Amsterdam you have Mrs Lewis Coaches to thank for that.We caught our train to Zwolle with secondsto spare the last train back that night.As for photos i will have a look and see what i can find.

• No programmes that night for the match issued.

As for the bus back to Utrecht for all you guys that didt,t require train to Amsterdam you have Mrs Lewis Coaches to thank for that.We caught our train to Zwolle with secondsto spare the last train back that night.As for photos i will have a look and see what i can find.

• Sponsored links:

• The reason I've asked, Tuur is a Utrecht supporter, was at the game and wanted to hear about it from our point of view.