Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RIP Dave Shipperley

Passed away aged just 64. RIP Dave.

Comments

• Options
    Oh God no.

Another hero of mine from my youth departs this earth far too early.

RIP

• Options
    I loved him. Ship Ship Shipperley....RIP
  • Options
    R.I.P. Very sad news
  • Options
    Oh no - R.I.P. Dave.
  • Options
    "Big Ship" another Charlton youth player who came through in the late 1960's early 1970's.
    Used to hold his hands together when he jumped to head the ball.

Gone for too soon. RIP Dave.
  • Options
    RIP Another of my favourites .Gone too soon.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP, far too young
  • Options
    Remember him well. RIP Dave
  • Options
    No way............RIP big Dave another one I used to enjoy watching from my teenage years :disappointed:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good god not another one and only a few years older than me....RIP Dave, condolences to family and friends
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP another of our players gone no age so sad.
  • Options
    Yet another from my youth. Ship or Lurch as he was also affectionately known as was an old fashioned centre back who always gave 100%. Went on to become a policeman if I'm not mistaken.

RIP Dave
  • Options
    Good memories of Dave S - fine player and served the club well throughout his career.
    RIP
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Too young. RIP. Someone please wrap the rest of them from that team in cotton wool.
  • Options
    Oh god, not another one. R.I.P. Big Dave, taken far too young.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP Dave

Big centre half with the turning circle of the QE2 but did a job and we loved him.

I remember trying to sing The Big Ship sails in the Valley Valley oh but I was on my own.
  • Options
    Another player from my childhood. RIP, big man.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never the quickest but very good in the air. Scored and made plenty of goals from corners. RIP big Ship.
  • Options
    Blimey......that's a shock. Good solid dependable player was Dave, he never let the side down.
    RIP.....Big Ship.....RIP.
  • Options

RIP
  • Options
    RIP big man!
  • Options
    RIP Dave and thanks for all the great memories. Solid defender.
  • Options
    Very sad news - RIP.

A wholehearted player and an absolute giant of a man. Very effective in the opposition penalty area at corners, when he used to charge in from the corner of the box, brushing opponents aside and, more often than not, get a header in on goal or knock the ball down into the danger area for people like Arthur Horsfield. There was always a roar of anticipation from the Covered End as Ship lumbered up for the set play.

He definitely became a policeman and I recall reading that he turned up in our dressing room at Craven Cottage when we were playing Fulham, as that was his local 'patch'.
  • Options
    RIP Dave shipperley
    Big Paul went waiting to greet you no doubt
  • Options
    Bloody hell what's going on. Another favorite player.
  • Options
    RIP Ship