Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pitch inspection *GAME CALLED OFF*

edited January 2017 in General Charlton
There's one at 10 for today's game.

Shows that smart idea not to install the boiler for the undersoil heating was visionary

Comments

• How does our under soil heating work ?
  • Maybe the boiler was deliberately not hooked up because of our injury crisis. We still lose Tex for a game whatever.
    If it is about costcutting or incompetence then it is a poor show. A couple of months boiler hire can't be much more than one of Katrien Meire's conference attending fees, probably less.
  • seth plum said:

Maybe the boiler was deliberately not hooked up because of our injury crisis. We still lose Tex for a game whatever.
    If it is about costcutting or incompetence then it is a poor show. A couple of months boiler hire can't be much more than one of Katrien Meire's conference attending fees, probably less.

There is no boiler, or at least they didn't install the capability to connect to a boiler, because RD is an illogical Scrooge.
  • It's not even that cold ????
  • Tin-pot.
  • Didn't they hire a boiler for last weeks game?
  • Sponsored links:

• I am confused.
    I thought the undersoil hot water pipework was installed, and if needed a boiler could be hooked up.
    Is there no pipework even?
  • edited January 2017
    They were too tight to install/connect the pipes to a boiler. RD is the most illogical pathetic scrooge. Is it covered with frost mats ? I reckon we'd be more than happy for the game to be called off, with so many injuries and without all our new players, that we haven't quite splashed the cash on yet.

Just leave the mats off the coldest areas that get little to no sunshine. You don't need a very big frozen area to get the game called off. We even had a game called off (was it W Ham or Soton ? ), when the pitch was ok, but the area that the lino ran, was too slippery/frozen. It was on the north east side. I think D'Urso may have been the ref.
  • edited January 2017
    It was Southampton on a boxing day. I know because me and my son had turned up in the days before the match along with other volunteers to get ice off the away fans approach to the stadium.
  • Hold on. Please tell me that this is not true. Surely if the club went to all the trouble and expense of installing undersoil heating then they would have installed a boiler? I am ready to believe most of what is said about the incompetence of our CEO but this seems to be unlikely? Isn't the inspection on days like usually about the stands and surrounds to see if they are safe for spectators?
  • seth plum said:

It was Southampton on a boxing day. I know because me and my son had turned up in the days before the match along with other volunteers to get ice off the away fans approach to the stadium.

Remember that game. Mate drove and parked the car near old Dover road and walked down. Got to Charlton church when mate advised he'd left tickets in the car and we had to go back.....I was not impressed. As we turned back got a call to say game was called off.
  • I remember that..I jumped off the 161 to be greeted by a very unhappy chappy at Ransom Walk..."The ****ing games off,that ****ing twat D'urso has called it off...C**t!
  • mogodon said:

Hold on. Please tell me that this is not true. Surely if the club went to all the trouble and expense of installing undersoil heating then they would have installed a boiler? I am ready to believe most of what is said about the incompetence of our CEO but this seems to be unlikely? Isn't the inspection on days like usually about the stands and surrounds to see if they are safe for spectators?

You're assuming they have common sense and aren't skinflints. This is where your assumption falls down.
  • Sponsored links:

• Come on ref got a train to catch.
    Long way to go on today
  • I'm sure we have invested in top of the range frost covers,I mean it's not as if our owner is a half-witted miser or anything...Oh! :(
  • There's a few old boilers in Charlton, surely one of em work? I've serviced a couple of them...

There's a few old boilers in Charlton, surely one of em work? I've serviced a couple of them...

Heard you're corgi registered.
  • So this turns out to be quite clever for a day like...oh I don't know today when we have a bunch of players missing due to injury...

That said, sorry for those who have already purchased train tickets/made arrangements
  • cafcfan said:

mogodon said:

Hold on. Please tell me that this is not true. Surely if the club went to all the trouble and expense of installing undersoil heating then they would have installed a boiler? I am ready to believe most of what is said about the incompetence of our CEO but this seems to be unlikely? Isn't the inspection on days like usually about the stands and surrounds to see if they are safe for spectators?

It is true. The under pitch pipework went in but it's not connected to anything.
    Surely the work of laying all the piping is the most costly/hassle part ?
  • edited January 2017
    Call it off... call it off. Should be able to get some players fit by next week. Bauer back at a minimum. Possibly Lennon as well. And Holmes, Novak and Watt a weeks extra training so I'd feel much more confident...