Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Unusual Sandwich Combinations (warning, weirdo alert)

Comments

• Options
    another of my specials...quavers, corned beef with Sweet chilli sauce...
  • Options
    E-cafc said:

Marmite and lettuce.
    Mashed potato and peas.

Marmite and lettuce I find very enjoyable. Also Marmite and cucumber on toast. Lovely. Try if you haven't.
  • Options
    Love a haggis and bacon roll/sandwich, no sauce just thick butter
  • Options

johnny73 said:

Peanut butter with pickled onions.

Steak slices / steak pie in buttered bread with tomato ketchup. That one seems normal to me.

may i point you in the way of a wigan slappy

The perks of living up north!
  • Options
    Two lovely ones are, date&banana and cheddar cheese&strawberry jam.
  • Options
    erithalf said:

So either drunken, or all that was left in the fridge/larder...what is the oddest sandwich you have made and actually eaten..... A recent one of mine ... cold Brussel Sprout and Marmite sandwich...

se9addick said:

erithalf said:

So either drunken, or all that was left in the fridge/larder...what is the oddest sandwich you have made and actually eaten..... A recent one of mine ... cold Brussel Sprout and Marmite sandwich...

You're an embarrassment
    That's a delicacy in Erith.
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

Peanut butter with pickled onions.

Steak slices / steak pie in buttered bread with tomato ketchup. That one seems normal to me.

Brilliant combination. The sharpness of the onion nicely cuts through the clagginess of the peanut butter.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brie and lime pickle
    Philadelphia with strawberries and fresh basil leaves
    Hummus and Chorizo
    Peri peri sauce and sliced hard boiled egg
  • Options
    The most disgusting sandwich I can think of is the Roland Duchâtelet, Katrien Meire and Nabby Sarr club sandwich
  • Options
    My old nan used to make me sugar sandwiches.
    They were lovely.
  • Options
    With soundasa£.....any cheese and jam combo...cracking
  • Options
    Sliced scotch egg & salad cream is darn fantastic!
    And although not a sandwich, peanut butter on toast with sliced tomatoes and salt & pepper. Yum!!!
  • Options
    Onlyme said:

My old nan used to make me sugar sandwiches.
    They were lovely.

I used to eat these regularly. If you like the crunch then granulated sugar but icing sugar is good if you like it smooth. You need butter to allow the sugar to stick.

I also like malt vinegar sandwiches. No butter though, you need the vinegar to soak into the bread. White bread of course.
  • Options
    Peanut butter and bacon goes down well

Almost anything with a bag of crisps in (salt and vinegar french fries and salad cream in a tortilla wrap is remarkably nice)

Toast sandwich. Two slices of bread and butter generously sprinkled with salt and crushed black pepper, with a slice of hot toast in the middle.
  • Options

There are some very, very weird people on here!

Toast sandwich! Fucking hell!

Try it, you might be surprised (but you might not)
  • Options
    There appears to be rather a lot of pregnant ladies on here. How else would one explain some of these extraordinary combos?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had the munchies and ate a large piece of cheese, found in the back of a mates fridge. After a few minutes, I realised I was eating the rind too (very much to the amusement of my mate, who's been waiting for me to realise it).
  • Options

Two lovely ones are, date&banana and cheddar cheese&strawberry jam.

Thought you were referring to the picture above your post for a minute!
  • Options
    braydex said:

Im 38 years old and I still love Peanut Butter and Tomato Ketchup sandwiches! Dont know it before you've tried it. It's lovely. Also with Salad Cream instead of TK!!

I'm a fan peanut butter and hp sauce myself
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Toasted ham & mascarpone cheese......absolutely brill.
  • Options
    I worked with a bloke from Zimbabwe who use to bring in mince sandwiches. He could never understand why we thought it was weird
  • Options
    guacamole and marmite
    Mashed potato and salad cream

• Options
    Back in the mists of time, our Mum bought some cat food that came in a roll, like liver sausage. She also bought some liver sausage.

Both were kept in the fridge.

My brother went to make himself a liver sausage sandwich.

Do I need to say any more?
  • Options
    iamdan said:

Banana and Nutella

Nothing odd in that.
  • Options

I'm a fussy bugger when it comes to sandwiches. If I want a ham sandwich, I'll put ham in it. My wife always asks me "don't you want anything else with that, tomatoes, lettuce etc". It's not that I don't like lettuce or tomatoes but I just want a ham sandwich. Same goes for chicken, not sweet corn, stuffing, salad (maybe bacon as an exception) and most meats.

I would make myself an egg and bacon sandwich - one egg, two rashers, two slices of bread. My Mum would ask why I didn't have a proper meal - egg and two rashers on a plate, with two slices of bread on the side.