Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Trying to out do the trust?
  • Options
    Decent offer, doubt it will increase the amount of people who go too much. Personally i don't live near any of the pick up areas and i'm sure there are many people like me.
  • Options
    I was gonna book until I saw the picture of @HandG in the advert. Put me right off!! :wink:
  • Options
    Just accepted a shift for that day.

Not enough notice for me unfortunately.
  • Options
    For once they may have got it right so disagree with Henry on this one

Train fares are now a lot more than they would have been if Bolton were out of the cup earlier, it's a long way, in January, and even if this means we take 450 instead of 250 it's no bad thing.
  • Options
    Are the trust running a free coach service for that game?..
  • Options

I was gonna book until I saw the picture of @HandG in the advert. Put me right off!! :wink:

This!!! :smile:

And my poor son looks about as thrilled as ever to have been dragged to another game, poor little fella.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    The problem with this game was that it was always going to be short notice because of Bolton's 'cup run', also maybe so few people have paid to go on the coach they were going to make a loss anyway.
    I bet the coach driver will be happy trying to drive a coach down Harvey Gardens instead of picking up outside Macros,maybe the club are going to hand out free scarves/hats etc which could not be sold before Christmas to outdo the black & white scarf wearers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Admin charge £2.50 ;-)
  • Options
    CAS Trust not planning a coach to Bolton

castrust.org/coach-travel/
  • Options

Train fares are now a lot more than they would have been if Bolton were out of the cup earlier, it's a long way, in January, and even if this means we take 450 instead of 250 it's no bad thing.

As I said right idea, wrong execution
  • Options

Do you really think the numbers will be that low?
  • Options
    To be clear this was nothing to do with Target 20k so no need for another cheeky dig.

Free away travel was raised and is being looked into - on this occasion Boltons replay makes it less appealing than it could have been due to short notice.

The original plan was going to be free travel for the fa cup 3rd round but, predictably, we lost before getting there
  • Options
    Free travel can never be a bad thing but in my opinion it's half hearted,do it for a game like Northampton
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Free travel can never be a bad thing but in my opinion it's half hearted,do it for a game like Northampton

Exactly
    Swisdom said:

To be clear this was nothing to do with Target 20k so no need for another cheeky dig.

Free away travel was raised and is being looked into - on this occasion Boltons replay makes it less appealing than it could have been due to short notice.

The original plan was going to be free travel for the fa cup 3rd round but, predictably, we lost before getting there

Nothing to do with Target 20 but it was discussed by Target 20k.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

If the original plan was 3rd round why not just tell fans of the plans.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Surely Northampton is an easy train journey, while Bolton is much further, and with engineering work as well much harder to get to
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Not defending the club but if they'd announced it they would have got pelters for not planning for a league game instead, bit of a damned if you do and damned if you don't so I get why they waited until the Palace v Bolton replay to happen first but I do think it's a bit late in the day for it to be as effective as it could have been. We have 3 midweek away games next month and Sheff Utd in March I feel might have been better options.

The decision to choose the Bolton game was nothing to do with Target 20k is what @Swisdom is saying just to clarify. Yes the club spoke about free travel with the group previously but not the choosing of the Bolton game or the execution of it.
  • Options
    clive said:

How is free travel to away games going to assist target 20k help reaching their aim of boosting home attendances exactly?
    Surely incentives to attend home fixtures,would be a better idea.

They've run out of incentives for home fixtures and still no one is going. So now they're just trying anything to get people to watch Charlton home or away.

Funny, there's one incentive that would increase both home and away attendances. Shame they haven't suggested it yet.
  • Options

clb74 said:

Exactly
    Swisdom said:

Nothing to do with Target 20 but it was discussed by Target 20k.
    T20k said it was successful in previous seasons and the club acknowledged this and said they were already working on it.

• Options

clb74 said:

Surely Northampton is an easy train journey, while Bolton is much further, and with engineering work as well much harder to get to
    Fair comment but I suppose it is what way you look at it.

This is a cheap offer for the Belgians as not many people are going to go anyway.

As CLB74 commented, Northampton should be made as free travel, and people made aware of well in advance. Make more fans rewarded as we are certain to sell whatever the allocation is.

Bolton is half hearted, a bit like last seasons free travel.
  • Options

clb74 said:

Sheffield United then killer.
    Club could make a big thing of the free travel then.
    Reduce match tickets to £10 as the club could cover the rest.
  • Options

If its nothing to do with Target 20k why is away travel even discussed at meetings?

I always assumed the remit was to increase home attendances, is that the wrong assumption?
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    JohnnyH2 said:

If its nothing to do with Target 20k why is away travel even discussed at meetings?

I always assumed the remit was to increase home attendances, is that the wrong assumption?
    Fair question and no doubt originally it was but these days their involvement as a group covers all and sundry as they also tick the box for fan engagement and representation on behalf of supporters.

Just like a lot of those pro regimists who vehemently state CARD nor CAST do not represent them, just for the record, T20k don't represent me.

Edit; And before anyone asks, no I won't be going for free on the coach but I have got my tickets for the match.
  • Options

clb74 said:

Fair comment but I suppose it is what way you look at it.

This is a cheap offer for the Belgians as not many people are going to go anyway.

As CLB74 commented, Northampton should be made as free travel, and people made aware of well in advance. Make more fans rewarded as we are certain to sell whatever the allocation is.

Bolton is half hearted, a bit like last seasons free travel.
    Pleased to see, that you are still moaning.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

RedChaser said:

JohnnyH2 said:

Fair question and no doubt originally it was but these days their involvement as a group covers all and sundry as they also tick the box for fan engagement and representation on behalf of supporters.

Just like a lot of those pro regimists who vehermently state CARD nor CAST do not represent them, just for the record, T20k don't represent me.

Edit; And before anyone asks, no I won't be going for free on the coach but I have got my tickets for the match.
    I'm totally confused by what they do. Recently they were asked on Twitter to raise with the club the £2.50 charge for the Millwall game as you could not buy using the website for this game. Target 20k responded this was a a club issue and the fan in question needed to raise it with the club and not them!
    They appear to not want to represent fans. I wonder just who T20k do represent?