Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lewis Page and Jason Pearce at Bromley Addicks - 2 Feb 2017

edited February 2017 in General Charlton
Guests of Bromley Addicks on Thursday 2 February

H G Wells Centre, St Mark's Rd, Bromley BR2 9HG

3 minutes walk from Bromley South BR

Bar open from 7.00pm and starts at 8.00

Members only but you can join on the night £5 Adults, £3 seniors, U18s and students free

Open Q & A session, have a drink and a chat, ask a question if you want, get some autographs and some photos, meet @Covered End and other lifers

See you there

Comments

• Options
    Wish you well with this, two players I like and would like to hear what they have to say.
  • Options

Wish you well with this, two players I like and would like to hear what they have to say.

I'll try to make some notes but best way to hear what they say is to be there
  • Options
    Morning H.I. divorce would come swiftly if I gave Charlton any more time, so obviously I'm working out my route already, living near Northampton we knew all about Holmes before he arrived.
  • Options

Morning H.I. divorce would come swiftly if I gave Charlton any more time, so obviously I'm working out my route already, living near Northampton we knew all about Holmes before he arrived.

Bring the other half. She can go late night shopping in the glades
  • Options
    Shops! Thanks very much, she already thinks she's a wag, having charltonised a good friend who loves football a night like this is right up his street, amazingly our friendship survived and not only do we get to many games, and the museum is on our hit list, buy u a pint one day, Jon.
  • Options
    sounds like a plan.
  • Options
    Will Kashi be there too.
    The Invisible Man?
  • Options
    Unlikely as Kashi is said to be in Dubai where the shopping is better even then Bromley.
  • Options
    I might try and pop along to this as ive never been before but am now working in Bromley. I work opposite where the old meetings were held at the con club. Any idea whats happening with that building now? Its been boarded up for months.
  • Options

I might try and pop along to this as ive never been before but am now working in Bromley. I work opposite where the old meetings were held at the con club. Any idea whats happening with that building now? Its been boarded up for months.

@Covered End can explain better but being redeveloped

See you there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Freeholders refused to extend lease. Club folded July 2015. Freeholders then sold at least majority share to developers Taylor Wimpy. Ongoing battle with Council to build part residential tower block.Residents other side of Kentish Way, the Palace estate, object to being overlooked. Started around 18 storeys, rejected by council and HMI inspector at appeal. Now down to 12 storeys and before council again.
    Place has been squatted at least once and vandalised.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info grumpy. I had heard it was going to be turned into a new residential block of flats just didnt think it would happen as its mainly offices along that road.
  • Options
    Some of the offices are being converted to flats. The block next to the railway has gone and the offices over health club are going as well. Council cannot stop offices being changed to residential or schools like the old dss office corner of westmoreland road. Can stop offices being changed into social club and did it to con club who had found a suitable place. Change of user rejected.
    Freeholders get more money to convert to residential when leases drop out
    Like pubs being converted to flats or redeveloped. Bird in hand opposite Stephen James BMW in Widmore road case in point.
  • Options
    "meet @Covered End" How could anyone resist?
  • Options
    Is this the same place the last one was at?
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options

Freeholders refused to extend lease. Club folded July 2015. Freeholders then sold at least majority share to developers Taylor Wimpy. Ongoing battle with Council to build part residential tower block.Residents other side of Kentish Way, the Palace estate, object to being overlooked. Started around 18 storeys, rejected by council and HMI inspector at appeal. Now down to 12 storeys and before council again.
    Place has been squatted at least once and vandalised.

Started at 25 storeys. An appeal took place last week on 12/13 storeys & result is due mid March.

PS The HG Wells Centre is also going to be bulldozed and planning permission has been granted for a tall building, something like 17 storeys at a guess.
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    Don't know why but is thought it strange that a footballer would tattoo their feet, the tools of their trade.
    Might ask him about it next week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd be more inclined to ask why, as a geezer, he wears his hair in a bun
  • Options

I'd be more inclined to ask why, as a geezer, he wears his hair in a bun

He doesnt.

He uses a hairband
  • Options
    Didn't see him warm up vs millwall I take it
  • Options

Didn't see him warm up vs millwall I take it

No, was watching the game, not checking out men's hairstyling but whatever turns you on, it's a free world.
  • Options
    By that logic, why are you looking at footballers feet? Whatever turns you on I guess.
  • Options

By that logic, why are you looking at footballers feet? Whatever turns you on I guess.

It was a photograph of his injury in an article about his injury and return to playing.

Nothing like your "fascination" with his hair style but each to their own. I'm not judging you.
  • Options
    Oh I see, so you noticed a picture while reading an article.

A bit like I noticed his hair on the sidelines whilst watching the football.

And if this counts as fascination with his hair style, I guess you are just as guilty by 'correcting' me regarding the hairband
  • Options

Oh I see, so you noticed a picture while reading an article.

A bit like I noticed his hair on the sidelines whilst watching the football.

And if this counts as fascination with his hair style, I guess you are just as guilty by 'correcting' me regarding the hairband

So you admit you are guilty but of what?

I usually do look at pictures that illustrate articles, that is why they are there.

No quite the same as eyeing up blokes hairstyles while their warming up.

I'll ask him for his phone number for you if you like but cant promise you're his type.
  • Options
    Is this the new Brexit thread lol
  • Options
    No admission of guilt there. You are just reading / hearing what you want my response to be. Were you female in a former life?!