Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

KR vs RS - first 9 games

Robinson

P9 W2 D4 L3 For 8 Against 10

Slade

P9 W2 D4 L3. For 10 Against 10

Interestingly the "patient" approach has given us two more goals. Is the "aggressive" free scoring approach better to watch?

Comments

• Options

Careful KR... a bony Belgian finger may begin hovering over the "eject" button...

He's brought in a few bob from sales this transfer window so should be safe until the end of the season at least...............famous last words. :wink:
  • Options
    KR did have two games V the spanners and no summer to prepare.

On the other hand Slade had sorted out a lot of the behind the scenes problems according to the liar and KR himself.

Also Slade didn't have Congo Chris helping him.

But the similarity is amazing. Great stat work
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Robinson's 9 also include games against sides in and around the top 6 - Bradford, Peterborough, Southend, Bristol Rovers while Slade had the luxury of facing Shrewsbury and a clutch of teams going nowhere in this league.

Remarkable how the records are similar but it's fair to say KR's points have been harder earned than Slade's.

And if we want to really pick the bones we can exclude the 2 cup games vs MK Dons which may then nudge KR ahead of Slade after 7 games.

Edited - forget some of the teams I originally listed were outside the first 9 games but fair to say KR's fixtures have been far more challenging than Slade's.
  • Options
    8 goals in 10 games after all his talk of attacking, pushing football is not the greatest of starts. Let's hope it clicks in soon, with the added pace in the squad there is a chance I guess.
  • Options
    There are similarities, but I think it's fair to say we are looking a better side at the moment on the whole.

Slade had a full pre-season, albeit didn't have anything like a squad until later on in that period.

But his first 9 games I am sure he had Holmes, Rudd, Lookman, Novak, Magennis, Solly, Pearce etc with easier games on paper.

Robinson hasn't had that luxury in my opinion. Give him a little bit of time, and I am sure his next 9 will be looking a lot more positive than it currently is by using the stat you've used.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fraeye:

P9 W2 D2 L5
    For:8
    Against:16

Win ratio is the same.
  • Options
    Great stats, would have been sure that we would have scored and conceded more under KR.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Great stats, would have been sure that we would have scored and conceded more under KR.

Tbf Ricky was arguably our greatest threat under Slade and he's been injured for what seems like forever
  • Options
    Is Nugent still with us, as nothing has been announced yet?
  • Options
    Great thread, really constructive stuff. Wibble
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Great thread, really constructive stuff. Wibble

• Options
    Robinson talks more, Slade eats more
  • Options

se9addick said:

Tbf Ricky was arguably our greatest threat under Slade and he's been injured for what seems like forever
    Thanks.
  • Options

The scouser is hardly a male model though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Something wrong with those stats I'm afraid .

It does not include our "rankings" in the Ms Nightmeire Fantasy Football League- Antwerp Division Three Table, where after nine games under Sir Gobby, we are 29 points clear at the top and have not conceded a goal since 1803.
  • Options

Well it is rude to talk with your mouth full.
  • Options
    Two very difficult matches coming up for KR. If KR hasn't increased his wins to 3 by the Wimbledon match I believe the pressure will start building on him.
  • Options
    as i dont think were in danger of going down i would give karl the gig till the end of the season, our destination regarding playoffs will become clear around end of march, from a footballing perspective we would be better being the form side going into the playoffs, something that roland wouldnt get because hes a wolly.
  • Options

Remember Slade's had 20 more years to get to his size. KR might well out eat him.
  • Options
    Just goes to show, you can't polish a turd. It doesn't matter who is doing the polishing.
  • Options

Two very difficult matches coming up for KR. If KR hasn't increased his wins to 3 by the Wimbledon match I believe the pressure will start building on him.

KR went cap in hand to Belgium and Douchebag said no - any failure will be down to Douchebag's chronic under-investment in the squad and over-reliance on youngsters. Even our Daisy would have a hard time explaining another managerial change... I'm not KR's biggest fan, but I reckon his unbridled enthusiasm will see him through to the end of the season: after that it depends where we finish. If we stay in L1 he might be tempted by a better offer elsewhere anyway, which would be another fat cheque in Roland's back pocket.