Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATBANK: Charlton 0-0 Millwall

thanks to the 66 Lifers who gave marks

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Personally think that was generous marking for Solly. Didn't look a 7.2 performance to me, and to be honest he looks 80-90% the player he was of a couple of years ago to me. Still got a huge amount of time for the bloke though, so not digging him, just seems to have lost that bit extra.

Crofts was my MoM
  • Options

Personally think that was generous marking for Solly. Didn't look a 7.2 performance to me, and to be honest he looks 80-90% the player he was of a couple of years ago to me. Still got a huge amount of time for the bloke though, so not digging him, just seems to have lost that bit extra.

Crofts was my MoM

Couldn't disagree more. Solly was outstanding on Saturday. I agree in general he may not be the player he was but Saturday was outstanding! He was everywhere, in their faces some really that'd challenges he was always in space and showing for the ball and always trying to drive the team forward.
  • Options
    And he's just come back from injury. Matches will help.
  • Options
    I don't have a problem with Solly's marking but I do with Croft's. I haven't been a fan before but he was definitely our best player. Some people seem to give marks wearing blinkers, which may explain why he is marked low and others, such as Konsa and Aribo (who have done so well in recent games) marked higher than necessarily deserved in this game.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

I don't have a problem with Solly's marking but I do with Croft's. I haven't been a fan before but he was definitely our best player. Some people seem to give marks wearing blinkers, which may explain why he is marked low and others, such as Konsa and Aribo (who have done so well in recent games) marked higher than necessarily deserved in this game.

Croft's grown on me too.
    He was marked higher than Konsa and Aribo, who both performed pretty well (although not quite as well, understandably, as against Bristol).
    I think Solly is benefitting from the 'hero returns' factor.
    Rud was excellent as a keeper/sweeper.
  • Options
    You may be right Canters, ill was up the back singing my head off, had a few beers and not intensely following the game, so not surprised if I'm wrong
  • Options
    I don't think there is a right. It's about opinions. I often give more credit to a passionate display rather than a good footballing one.

Similarly I was also up the back losing my voice...
  • Options
    Thanks @lancashire lad

A bit worrying looking at that table for season to date goalscorers:
    Magennis 8 - injured
    Ajose 7 - Robinson doesn't want him
    Lookman 7 - sold
    Jackson 4 - now a coach

Certainly need Holmes and Novak back at full fitness/ form...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Crofts was my MoM

Solly is still a tremendous defender and competitor .. BUT .. he never was the quickest or a particularly effective attacker .. injury has served to slow him down even more .. this meant that we were more inclined to attack down the left where Chicksen was up and down at pace .. Millwall sussed this, as other teams will do .. it's a quandary .. I like Konsa at full back where he might weaken the defence but strengthen the attack .. Robinson earns the big bucks so will need to sort this out a s a p
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Crofts was my MoM

Solly is still a tremendous defender and competitor .. BUT .. he never was the quickest or a particularly effective attacker .. injury has served to slow him down even more .. this meant that we were more inclined to attack down the left where Chicksen was up and down at pace .. Millwall sussed this, as other teams will do .. it's a quandary .. I like Konsa at full back where he might weaken the defence but strengthen the attack .. Robinson earns the big bucks so will need to sort this out a s a p
    I suspect this is partly why Botaka does so well when he comes on as a sub. The other side often aren't expecting much down their left hand side.