Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Valley Gold Members invited to meeting

I have just received a letter from Valley Gold, inviting members to a meeting on the 18th Feb before the Oxford game.
All members whose subscriptions are up to date are invited as long as they have not already attended with another supporters group.

Does this last sentence also apply to the upcoming trust members meeting?

Comments

• Options
    A meeting for what?
  • Options
    The letter does not say,it says the football club have been holding supporters meetings & Valley Gold have been invited on Feb 18th.
  • Options
    I assume it's a KM meeting but what has she got to do with VG?
  • Options
    Prague, it wouldn't surprise me if there are a fair number that want to attend the Trust meetings that KM/the cloob don't say that those who have attended another meeting cannot attend. They can easily do this as they have a record of attendees, in fact you have to be given a pass to the lounge concerned, and the Trust I'm sure will be asked for attendees names in advance. Hope not but wouldn't surprise me.
  • Options
    Both of them?
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

She is on the Valley Gold committee.
  • Options
    Oxford are still in the FA Cup with a winnable game against Birmingham/Newcastle. So the game on the 18th Feb could be postponed.
  • Options
    Is this where it turns out that due to a previously unrealised clause the Lookman money because of his age when he signed and not much had to be spent on his development before he started playing for the first team technically belongs to the current VG members and KM is looking to see how they want it distributed ? Cash, cheque or a big party somewhere sunny ?
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Oxford are still in the FA Cup with a winnable game against Birmingham/Newcastle. So the game on the 18th Feb could be postponed.

The letter says the room holds 35 people if more than that wish to attend another date will be arranged.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Here is the letter
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2017
    clive said:

Dansk_Red said:

The letter says the room holds 35 people if more than that wish to attend another date will be arranged.
    Maybe asking VG members to send in questions so that the most popular ones can be asked ?
  • Options
    clive said:

Solidgone said:

Not anymore. She has left the committee

http://www.valleygold.org.uk/
  • Options

Prague, it wouldn't surprise me if there are a fair number that want to attend the Trust meetings that KM/the cloob don't say that those who have attended another meeting cannot attend. They can easily do this as they have a record of attendees, in fact you have to be given a pass to the lounge concerned, and the Trust I'm sure will be asked for attendees names in advance. Hope not but wouldn't surprise me.

Well, I can't speak for the rest of the the Board at this stage, but I believe we will tell them to stop telling the Trust how to organise its meetings. They have already done it once by insisting that we make it an open meeting. In doing so they showed either ignorance or insolence. A Trust is a democratically constituted organisation which elects its Board to represent them. Nevertheless we thought on this occasion we will open it to our members, in case somebody misinterpreted it. But of course we observed then that it would mean there could be some chance for people to have a second bite. And of course @Airman Brown is a Trust member... the Club should have thought of that before insisting on it being an open meeting.
    Gwarnnnn Airman
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

clive said:

Solidgone said:

Steve Avory appointed to Valley Gold committee
    Charlton Athletic Academy Manager Steve Avory has been appointed to the Valley Gold Committee.
    Steve Avory joins Charlton Athletic Chief Financial Officer David Joyes as one of the football club’s two representatives on the committee, replacing Charlton CEO Katrien Meire. Steve Avory said: “The support of Valley Gold has been such an important part of the success of our Academy so it is a real honour for me to be a part of this.”
    “Contributions to Valley Gold enable us to continue to build on the club’s investment in the Academy. We have the seventh highest productivity of any club in England in terms of bringing Academy players into the first team and this is something that we are very proud of. This is in part thanks to the wonderful support of Valley Gold who have donated well in excess of £1m to the Academy.”
    A club spokesperson said: “We recognise that it is important to have someone from the Academy on the committee and Steve is the best fit for this role. He is highly respected both within the club and across the football industry for his contribution to youth development.”

• Options
    Can I use this opportunity to again plug Google Docs of Google Sheets as a way of collaborating on questions.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

clive said:

Solidgone said:

So she can spend more time with her internet shopping...?
  • Options
    Who are the other six?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've been invited to the meeting.

It would be nice if we could coordinate some questions and maybe some follow up questions that will probably develop from the originals.
    I'm not too good at thinking on my feet and generally know what to asked after the opportunity has passed.

So rather than announce to the world what should be asked please feel free to PM me. Please no car park, toilet, chips, beer and personal insult (not me those who chair the meeting), type questions.
    Obviously I cannot guarantee I'll get a chance to ask questions, if any, but I would like to if I get the chance.

I have been meaning to cancel my standing order for about 12 months now, finally I might get something from my long time membership.

• Options

It would be nice if we could coordinate some questions and maybe some follow up questions that will probably develop from the originals.
    I'm not too good at thinking on my feet and generally know what to asked after the opportunity has passed.

So rather than announce to the world what should be asked please feel free to PM me. Please no car park, toilet, chips, beer and personal insult (not me those who chair the meeting), type questions.
    Obviously I cannot guarantee I'll get a chance to ask questions, if any, but I would like to if I get the chance.

I have been meaning to cancel my standing order for about 12 months now, finally I might get something from my long time membership.

Go out in a blaze of glory tearing up your direct debit as you flounce out.
  • Options
    The match against Oxford will be re-arranged due to their FA Cup win over Newcastle.
  • Options
    Re arrange it for the Bury game instead
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    shirty5 said:

At the risk of a whoosh, were you aware another forum, has been invited that day for a pow wow and is the 'Big announcement' we were all warned to be very worried about from the pro regimers. :open_mouth:

Could be an interesting gathering if the two were to be merged! I say go for it.

• Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2017

Not forgetting to tell your bank & put it writing to the club otherwise your bank somehow restarts the DD against your instruction. Bleedin' DIrect Debits.
  • Options
    vff said:

Not forgetting to tell your bank & put it writing to the club otherwise your bank somehow restarts the DD against your instruction. Bleedin' DIrect Debits.
    I think mine was on a standing order.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

shirty5 said:

At the risk of a whoosh, were you aware another forum, has been invited that day for a pow wow and is the 'Big announcement' we were all warned to be very worried about from the pro regimers. :open_mouth:

Could be an interesting gathering if the two were to be merged! I say go for it.

That can't be the big announcement surely? It's completely and utterly insignificant.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    WSS said:

RedChaser said:

shirty5 said:

That can't be the big announcement surely? It's completely and utterly insignificant.
    I think you'll find it is mate, there appears to have been a lot of bed wetting going on about it.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    RedChaser said:

WSS said:

RedChaser said:

shirty5 said:

I think you'll find it is mate, there appears to have been a lot of bed wetting going on about it.
    Come on, RC, we need some details, please.

Something or nothing ?

Airman ?