Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Red Bull......mentioned again

Article in the Guardian mainly about the Mansoor City Football Group empire, it's reach and ambitions.
We get a mention towards the end ref. being on Red Bull's radar.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/jan/13/nyc-fc-manchester-city-football-mls

We can but hope I guess.

Comments

• Options
    sam3110 said:

Again, the ground would be under a much greater threat under Red Bull than it would ever be under RD, as would the club badge, kit and name

"Would", or "could"?
  • Options
    Would, it's what Red Bull do
  • Options
    What are the lottery numbers this week Sam, seeing as you've got your crystal ball out.
  • Options
    Another year and I'd take anyone (maybe not Oyston).
  • Options
    If we both win it Offy I wouldn't have enough to buy out Roly
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Off_it said:

What are the lottery numbers this week Sam, seeing as you've got your crystal ball out.

We've been through this many, many times. They don't buy clubs to enhance a team's prospects, they do it to enhance the Red Bull brand (whilst changing the name and kit).
    And the team just happens to become amazing.
  • Options
    Intresting if they ban the network across borders. That would end Rolly's plans!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2017
    red bull would be roland's final "fuck you" to the supporters. I've said in the other thread, if they change the kit, change the badge and move ground... is it really charlton anymore?

EDIT : Comment graveyard below, do not scroll if you don't want to see offit go mental
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Uboat said:

RedPanda said:

Off_it said:

We've been through this many, many times. They don't buy clubs to enhance a team's prospects, they do it to enhance the Red Bull brand (whilst changing the name and kit).
    And the team just happens to become amazing.
    So that they can expand the brand and make yet more money.

If you'd like white shirts, bulls on the badge, a name change and to visit the RB Arena every fortnight... You wouldn't be going to watch Charlton play.
    And yet it's still strangely tempting.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Off_it said:

Have "we" been through it many many times? What was my view then, seeing as you seem to know all about me?

For the record, I wouldn't want red bull as owners. But Sam seems to be saying that we'd be better off under the current shitpot because he knows exactly what both parties would do. Not a view or opinion on what they might do. He KNOWS what they are thinking. He's gifted.
  • Options

Sooner get bought by Red Tube

Starring Naby & Katie
  • Options
    Off_it said:

RedPanda said:

Off_it said:

Have "we" been through it many many times? What was my view then, seeing as you seem to know all about me?

For the record, I wouldn't want red bull as owners. But Sam seems to be saying that we'd be better off under the current shitpot because he knows exactly what both parties would do. Not a view or opinion on what they might do. He KNOWS what they are thinking. He's gifted.
    It's not difficult, look at every team red bull have bought. New badge new name new kit couloir and new stadium name. We would absolutely be better off identity wise under these lot
  • Options

Off_it said:

RedPanda said:

Off_it said:

It's not difficult, look at every team red bull have bought. New badge new name new kit couloir and new stadium name. We would absolutely be better off identity wise under these lot
    All their teams end up being one of the best in the world in each sport though....

• Options
    supaclive said:

Off_it said:

RedPanda said:

Off_it said:

All their teams end up being one of the best in the world in each sport though....

Red Bull Salzburg isn't even best in Austria any more. Check it out

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes, 2nd in the table, 2 points off top. Terrible........

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=fc+salzburg+table
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Off_it said:

RedPanda said:

Off_it said:

Are you for real?

Past behaviour is the best indicator of future behaviour. What Sam is saying is exactly what they have done at every sports enterprise they have owned.

Are you disputing whether they would do that to us? Really?

What information do you have that suggests they would treat us any different?
  • Options
    What if they bought Millwall, would we be glad it wasn't us when they are 4th in Prem and smashing us 6-0 in the Fa Cup with every kid in the area wearing a RB Millwall FC Shirt.
  • Options
    What choice eh?

Either watch our club languish in the lower tiers of League football to be a perpetual shop window for our gifted academy players and the not-so-gifted network journeymen, and watch our attendances dwindle to virtually nothing.

Or have a chance back at Premier League glory, but risk anything from the Valley being rebranded the Red Bull Valley, to our badge being rebranded with the bull.

The first option condemns our club, but the second option condemns our heritage. What's more important?
  • Options
    Dear God
  • Options
    I doubt they'd be able to change the name of the club.