Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

TV Appearance Money

2»

Comments

• Options
    My view, for what it's worth, is that the BBC chose Premiership teams because they can't show them at any other time. WHU vs Man City didn't seem like a particularly interesting match to me - not exactly the "magic of the cup" is it?
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

My view, for what it's worth, is that the BBC chose Premiership teams because they can't show them at any other time. WHU vs Man City didn't seem like a particularly interesting match to me - not exactly the "magic of the cup" is it?

Whereas BT sport get to show them every week, and it's the Beeb who are showing the Lincoln game, and BT sport are showing Plymouth v Liverpool for the second time in ten days.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Don't the Bbc show non league teams in rounds 1 and 2? On a Friday night.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Teams on TV this season

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016%E2%80%9317_FA_Cup#Broadcasting_rights

Eastleigh / Macclesfield are the Non-League sides shown by BBC (until Lincoln v Ipswich)
    BT Sport have shown: Merstham | Southport | Brackley Town | Dover Athletic | Lincoln City | Curzon Ashton

Its why when I put "Seriously" in an earlier post when the BBC said that Lincoln were the 17th Non-League side to be given BBC Coverage this season... I guess they include all the extended highlights in that figure etc.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Yes. Macclesfield vs Oxford was shown on the BBC in the 2nd round.

Ironically people only seem to care about watching the smaller teams, once the big teams enter the competition.