Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

And so a Charlton fan is born

After 19 years I got back to see my first game at the Valley and my daughters first ever game. In fairness she had been to the ground when we were last over in 2010 on Boxing Day, Southampton the game that was postponed 45 minutes before kick off. On that day she got her first scarf and a sniff of the Valley. Since then she has shown a passing interest in all things Charlton.
So there we were again Jan 2nd, 2017 and what a first game 4-1 and a Mag hat-trick. Happy days and a very happy daughter, but that was not the moment that I realized she was proper Charlton. This Saturday she turned and asked "did WE beat Millwall", okay she got the wrong week, but she used "WE", not Charlton, I realized at this moment she felt part of CAFC. As a proud fan for over 30 years of ups and downs this probably is my proudest Charlton moment.
So to my daughter Syd, welcome to the club and the many years of joy (hopefully) and pain that go along with supporting CAFC. COYR

Comments

• Options
    Proper fan
  • Options
    Good girl, let's hope we do beat millwall and get her well and truly hooked
  • Options
    Good work !
  • Options
    Welcome Syd! X
  • Options
    Will she ever see us beat the nut n bolt gang?

Bless her!
  • Options
    Get her on here, there's a thread just made for her: http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/76328/anti-roland-sisters-event.
  • Options
    I can completely empathise with you af
    I have two sons, the eldest is now a dedicated Charlton fan.
    It wasn't easy, peer pressure at school made it difficult. Now he's a grown man, he's made his own decision.
    He's one of us, just like his dad. :)

The other son is not a big football fan and lives a life that prevents him attending games. But I know inside Charlton will always mean something to him.
  • Options
    Daggs said:

I can completely empathise with you af
    I have two sons, the eldest is now a dedicated Charlton fan.
    It wasn't easy, peer pressure at school made it difficult. Now he's a grown man, he's made his own decision.
    He's one of us, just like his dad. :)

The other son is not a big football fan and lives a life that prevents him attending games. But I know inside Charlton will always mean something to him.

Still trying to work on my youngest one, but she could be like your other son and just not interested. Two die hard Charlton girls would be great though
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Phil, sorry to tell you mate, but my daughter is with me whilst awaiting UCT opening, and she said to me tonight ..'Dad, do i *have* to go to Charlton on Saturday?'.,.............'yes, you bleedin well do, its part of your heritage !'
    'but,its gonna be cold, and i'd much rather be at Clifton beach'

Kids just have no idea .

I'll bring Ori along to meet Syd and they can talk Charlton !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Phil, sorry to tell you mate, but my daughter is with me whilst awaiting UCT opening, and she said to me tonight ..'Dad, do i *have* to go to Charlton on Saturday?'.,.............'yes, you bleedin well do, its part of your heritage !'
    'but,its gonna be cold, and i'd much rather be at Clifton beach'

Kids just have no idea .

I'll bring Ori along to meet Syd and they can talk Charlton !!

Clifton beach is great but it's no Valley Ori.
  • Options
    Good work that man.

Oh, but let her down gently about the Millwall score when it happens.

My little boys first word was Dad, second word was ball, third word was goal and fourth word was mum. I now ask him his colours and he says green, yellow, blue, Charlton red, white, black etc !