Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Welcome Nathan Byrne (signed on loan to end of season)

2»

Comments

• Options

rikofold said:

So was Ajose...

Ajose still could be. Far too early to write him off.
    I think he has looked pretty pants so far but he is a poacher and we haven't exactly been raining down crosses into the box so far this season. Maybe these pacey players KR has signed such as Byrne will do that job.
    From what I've seen of him so far, Ajose doesn't seem to actually want the ball. Every time it comes near him he seems to immediately get rid of it and if he gets a chance at goal he seems to snatch at it. To me it looks like he spends his week playing one touch football against teammates he now knows how to beat and when he comes up against different players in an actual match his one touch football invariably doesn't come off and we lose possession. In a percentage game where he gets say ten chances he may well score from one of them, which could be how he got so many last season for Swindon, but I'm not convinced so far he's the striker we need. We need a Tony Watt type player alongside Magennis, somebody that knows how to hold on to the ball and draw defenders away from his Charlton teammates.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

rikofold said:

So was Ajose...

I think he has looked pretty pants so far but he is a poacher and we haven't exactly been raining down crosses into the box so far this season. Maybe these pacey players KR has signed such as Byrne will do that job.
    From what I've seen of him so far, Ajose doesn't seem to actually want the ball. Every time it comes near him he seems to immediately get rid of it and if he gets a chance at goal he seems to snatch at it. To me it looks like he spends his week playing one touch football against teammates he now knows how to beat and when he comes up against different players in an actual match his one touch football invariably doesn't come off and we lose possession. In a percentage game where he gets say ten chances he may well score from one of them, which could be how he got so many last season for Swindon, but I'm not convinced so far he's the striker we need. We need a Tony Watt type player alongside Magennis, somebody that knows how to hold on to the ball and draw defenders away from his Charlton teammates.
    He must have known a lot of oppositions players last season then. At least 24.

I think Ajose has just lost all confidence and playing in a team under Slade where some matches we created no chances and had no shots on goal is the reason.

Under Robinson where it does look like the intention is to play in the other teams half as much as possible and where as a consequence chances will be made then I think Ajose might start to shine again.

• Options

rikofold said:

So was Ajose...

I think Ajose has just lost all confidence and playing in a team under Slade where some matches we created no chances and had no shots on goal is the reason.

Under Robinson where it does look like the intention is to play in the other teams half as much as possible and where as a consequence chances will be made then I think Ajose might start to shine again

Problem is, will he be on the pitch to capitalise on this? Way it's going with the squad and the way KR plays it's unlikely he'll play beyond 10-15 minute cameos, and even then will probably be deployed wide left or right
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    sam3110 said:

rikofold said:

So was Ajose...

Under Robinson where it does look like the intention is to play in the other teams half as much as possible and where as a consequence chances will be made then I think Ajose might start to shine again

Problem is, will he be on the pitch to capitalise on this? Way it's going with the squad and the way KR plays it's unlikely he'll play beyond 10-15 minute cameos, and even then will probably be deployed wide left or right
    Fair point although even if Robinsons preferred formation wouldn't accommodate Ajose he must have the ability to change formation to 4 - 4 - 2 even during a match let alone by design to suit individual circumstances.

• Options
    Byrne looks like a decent signing and in a position we should have filled before the start of the season. The real shame is its on loan, so more duct tape rather than a new shoe (so to speak).

Think he'll be good though, welcome Nathan.
  • Options

rikofold said:

So was Ajose...

Watt plays too deep and is not a team player.

Aside from the attitude/off field problems he seems to carry.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

So was Ajose...

Was this in the same season?
  • Options
    Mr Byrne's did you say?

excellent...