Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN UP TO TODAY/(Last)NIGHT?

Got up at 6. Looked after kids. Went to work 10 till 8. Home. Beer. Curry. Bed. Exciting times... Someone must've been to a wedding/job interview or something......a few sore heads for more reasons than one.

Comments

• Leaving drinks for someone at work. Tapas cocktail place on Great Newport Street, Leicester square but wasn't bad actually. All paid on a tab too.
  • Leaving drinks for someone at work. Tapas cocktail place on Great Newport Street, Leicester square but wasn't bad actually. All paid on a tab too.

Can't beat a freebie. :smile:
  • Usual bollocks.
  • Usual bollocks.

Much like original post I suspect. :smile:
  • Been at the beach skim boarding with my boys. Probably a bbq later ... Just saying
  • Local restaurant had a Fado night, half a dozen excellent singers. Then a Portuguese folk group turned up to sing a bunch of three kings day type traditional songs. Really touching if you get that kind of thing. I did and loved every minute. Come and see us guys, really...

Are you ready for a horde of Lifers turning up at your humble abode? I didn't know you lived in a hundred room pousada.
  • Friday's a day I spend at home, packing up the things I've sold on eBay and Amazon and getting them to the Post Office, then cataloguing and listing the new stock. Ms AA cooked a stunning chicken and mango curry for the evening meal, then we caught up with an episode of Elementary (s1, ep 4 - we've got a long way to go). You can see it's a full and exciting life at Chateau AA.
  • Sponsored links:

• Up for work, home at 5. Spin class then gym. Back home for M&S count on us chicken jambalaya. Bed at 10:30.

Rock n roll
  • edited January 2017
    Yesterday I got up, went to work, got called out to a car crash, then sprang a surprise 40th party on the wife last night. Got to bed about 2 and am at work fighting the urge to have a nap, although I get to munch on leftover party food all day.

(Nobody was hurt in the car accident other than cars)
    (I was sober last night)
  • Finally fixed the drip on the kitchen tap. Some nuts are bastards, but WD40 is a wonderful thing.
  • Went to work, finished @ 5pm... Went to Asda and collected my shopping... Put my feet up at home whilst watching West Ham v Man City

This morning went to get my hair cut, done the washing up from last night and now sweet FA
  • kimbo said:

Sitting in third hospital in a week with mother in law. In awe at the staff and in horror at the shambolic organisation xx

Which Hospital?

December / January has seen both my Wife's Nan and my Father-In-Law back and forth at Darent Valley and the level of care they've received in the last month has been a joke!!
  • Was up at 730 as off work with chest infection.

Got boys ready for school.

Lay on the sofa feeling rough till youngest (3) came home from nursery at 12.

Played Xbox one with him (Lego Star Wars force awakens) and had lunch.

Eldest (6) came home from school at 330. Played Xbox with him (he got us past a bit I was stuck in !!!). Dinner for boys.

Boys to bed
    Wife (chemo nurse) home at 830
    Dinner

Watched couple episodes of Blacklist series 3
    1130 bed

1230 down on sofa as coughing guts up
    3am back to bed

730am up to get boys ready for swimming lessons.

You must all be jealous.

• Ventured out into the minus 8 cold too meet up with our Swedish buddy and family, here to revisit their Prague days on a long weekend. Took them to a great new place doing "new Scandi" food. Only one problem. I'm on the wagon for Jan as usual. They are not. They ordered the tasting menu where all five courses are accompanied by a glass of wine lovingly described by the waitress. Everyone got nicely tanked, except me. That's tough going, I can tell you.

Got home to find the jealous dog had helped herself to her own feast.

It's only minus 5 this morning. And I don't have a hangover.
  • Spent four hours in a freezing garage on scooter restoration. Which was what I was doing yesterday and I'll be doing today.
    Sometimes my wife says I'm obsessed .....................
  • Up at 5.30, on the 6.14 train at welling to cannon st, at desk by 6.50

Work through lunch and leave office at 4.15, home just after 5, mad 2 hours of kids dinner time, bath/shower time, bed time...finally sit down about 7.30, watch West Ham get taken apart and then bed at 10.30

Lie in till 7 this morning!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2017
    Bet theres a few teens to 20 somethings reading this and licking their lips at the thought of later life.

I'm no better, could probably take a pinch of every post in the thread to sum up yesterday.

Injured as well so cant play football on a Saturday which is the real fcking bummer.
  • Funeral of a close friend and neighbour. Drank too much whisky. Back to house in evening where bizarrely we had a power cut. Only our house. All blaming the ghost of our friend. Fantastic response by Scottish Hydro who sent two chaps down the long and winding road within a couple of hours to fix it. Not sure they believed the ghost story! Very hungover today.
  • kimbo said:

Sitting in third hospital in a week with mother in law. In awe at the staff and in horror at the shambolic organisation xx

Even more so when you realise just how many of those staff work for free... or even at a cost to theselves . My mum works at the Luton and dunstable hospital and they have over 500 volunteers helping there
  • Yesterday work, didn't go out as convalescing about how little money I have after Xmas.

Today gym, maybe later I'll go this crisis at Xmas volunteers party they put on but unsure as I'll just be going on my own. I didn't go last year as I got back from that debacle at Colchester and it was pissing down with rain plus couldn't quite bring myself to go up there on my jacks
  • Daggs said:

Spent four hours in a freezing garage on scooter restoration. Which was what I was doing yesterday and I'll be doing today.

My wife can never understand why I enjoy going down the garage and working on my car. There's a great sense of satisfaction when you fix or replace something, you come back into the house covered in oil and grease, flop in the bath looking forward to a cold beer once you're clean.
  • Daggs said:

Spent four hours in a freezing garage on scooter restoration. Which was what I was doing yesterday and I'll be doing today.

My wife can never understand why I enjoy going down the garage and working on my car. There's a great sense of satisfaction when you fix or replace something, you come back into the house covered in oil and grease, flop in the bath looking forward to a cold beer once you're clean.

.... I'm sure the hours of peace and quiet has nothing to do with it

• Building a chicken house for our new arrivals in February and preparing a birthday lunch for the family tomorrow.