Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lewis Page (ed. New contract to 2020)

Comments

• se9addick said:

So Coventry fans have said that Lewis Page is shit... Rotherham fans have said that Jake Forster-Caskey is shit.

Does anyone remember what Leicester and Sheffield Wednesday fans said about Kermorgant and Morrison?

Yes but I also remember that Sporting fans thought Nabby Sarr was shit.

Lets judge the player based on his performances for Charlton.
    Hate to say but thats what I meant...

Know Page / JFC might not reach the standards of the two that I mentioned yet we cant judge them on their performances for other clubs
  • Many Charlton fans thought Fox was useless, ditto Callum Harriott, and thought Cousins and Tareiq Holmes-Dennis were much better. Time will tell...
  • edited January 2017
    Asked a Cov supporter what they made of him. Said it was hard to tell as he "had a load of shit around him" , bit like Fox then . Maybe we can make him the next scapegoat. I
  • Out of the blue that one.

Don't know anything about him but welcome and good luck.

Assuming Fox leaves then is he first choice with Desilva playing further up the park?

What about Chicksen ?
    Forgot about him. Expect KR to pick his own players though.
    Chicksen was at MKD for 5 years with KR.
    Pay attention Ben. Honestly.
  • buckshee said:

Asked a Cov supporter what they made of him. Said it was hard to tell as he "had a load of shit around him" , bit like Fox then . Maybe we can make him the next scapegoat. I

Are you ok ? Bit worried with you cutting out mid flow.

• As I work at Cov Uni, I have many Cov supporting mates, I'll ask them on Monday what they think of him, not opinions on a forum. I'm sure they will ask me about Foley.....what the hell do I say????
  • As I work at Cov Uni, I have many Cov supporting mates, I'll ask them on Monday what they think of him, not opinions on a forum. I'm sure they will ask me about Foley.....what the hell do I say????

Foley - decent utility player. Can cover a number of positions and do and decent job. Best position RB. Would be worried if he was starting too many games though.

Foley - decent utility player. Can cover a number of positions and do and decent job. Best position RB. Would be worried if he was starting too many games though.
    Or if you don't like them just tell them about his performance against Scunthorpe in the cup !
  • Sponsored links:

• So Coventry fans have said that Lewis Page is shit... Rotherham fans have said that Jake Forster-Caskey is shit.

Does anyone remember what Leicester and Sheffield Wednesday fans said about Kermorgant and Morrison?

Anyone remember what Fraeye and Driesen thought of Kermongant and Morrison?

Keep him at RB and he'll do fine.
  • After Being at West ham since he was 6.
    I hope Page embraces this new chapter in his career.
    I heard he can be hard tackling ? could end up in the book.
  • Don't know much about Page's football experience but, I've heard his Ballroom Dancing is excellent, although his Latin is a bit shaky.
  • anyone pick up on Robinson saying he's a loan signing in the press conference today?
  • 1967CAFC said:

Give the lad a chance, he's gotta be better than Fox.....then again anyone would be better than Fox...good luck to Page, the perminant deal should give him the boost (as anyone out there on a fixed term or temp contract will understand)

Why is it necessary to have a dig at Fox?...
  • edited January 2017
  • edited January 2017
    Here we go again, getting bored with the popcorn now.
    It's been done to death folks Foxy is like marmite let's leave it there. The lad's moved on and so should we.
  • RedChaser said:

Here we go again, getting bored with the popcorn now.
    It's been done to death folks Foxy is like marmite let's leave it there. The lad's moved on and so should we.

I agree.

Mistake to sell Fox though.
  • anyone pick up on Robinson saying he's a loan signing in the press conference today?

I heard that too. Maybe Karl made a mistake, or it was a slip of the tongue, or is it a loan?
    anybody know the definitive situation?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2017
    DONE DEAL | Charlton sign Lewis Page from West Ham United
    Posted: Fri 06 Jan 2017
    Author: Olly Groome
    image: http://www.cafc.co.uk/cms_images/player/img-2236-cropped83-3505586_613x460.jpg

Image by: Olly Groome
    The 20-year-old full-back has put pen to paper on a two-and-a-half-year deal at The Valley
    image: http://www.cafc.co.uk/cms_images/hst48083-3425912.jpg
    HST480

Olly Groome reports

Charlton Athletic are delighted to confirm the signing of Lewis Page on a permanent transfer from West Ham United.

The 20-year-old left-back arrives at The Valley on a two-and-a-half-year deal and joins the Addicks for an undisclosed fee.

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-lewis-page-transfer-west-ham-united-3504410.aspx#AOooPcCvQLv1F57D.99
  • Thanks. Not a loan then.
  • Interesting that KR discusses his attacking abilty, I thought a LB was first about defending.

As for Fox like any FB a ot depends on who is LM and Fox had quite a few LM players in front of him who didn't help him out in defence, good luck at Wendies lad.
  • Interesting that KR discusses his attacking abilty, I thought a LB was first about defending.

As for Fox like any FB a ot depends on who is LM and Fox had quite a few LM players in front of him who didn't help him out in defence, good luck at Wendies lad.

These days, most teams seem to value attacking play as much as defensive play when it comes to full backs...
  • seth plum said:

I heard that too. Maybe Karl made a mistake, or it was a slip of the tongue, or is it a loan?

This is my thoughts, conspiracy theory maybe but maybe it is another loan, and the official statement is a lie...
  • seth plum said:

This is my thoughts, conspiracy theory maybe but maybe it is another loan, and the official statement is a lie...
    Cant see West Ham agreeing to say its a transfer if its a loan, think more a case of Robinson just saying the wrong thing.
  • All our players are "loaned". You can count on two fingers the number of players that were first teamers when the regime came in. And of those two, one is at the end of his career and the other would have been sold by now but for his medical issues.

In that time we have utilised a ridiculous number of crocks, out of contract journeymen, signings of financial convenience and youngsters either not ready or purely put in the shop window in the hope that they might attract a bid.

Most successful sides are built on continuity. We have not had this either on the pitch or with our management. The only thing that has stayed consistent is the owner and his sidekick. But it will never be their fault will it?
  • Know nothing about him. I also knew nothing about Magennis. And Anil Koc.

Welcome Lewis
  • To be honest. Rotherham & Coventry both struggling clubs at the moment and the environment isn't one to thive in, not that Charlton is any better I can understand why Forster-Caskey & Page wasn't performing as they could.

The club knew Fox was going to go, we had a while to find someone suitable to go into left back we even sold THD who is a attack minded full back. I'm not sure Page is any better then what we had and if he is ready but will give him a chance.
  • His name doesn't sound like he will be good - I'd rather not sign him.