Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lewis Page (ed. New contract to 2020)

Comments

• We have a small squad and a smaller budget. 
    When Page was given another years contract I'm sure that Bowyer will have been told by the medical team that he was over his injuries. 
    Bowyer's comments last night sound like he is more annoyed with the physio than Page. 
    Just tell me when he can train and not that there's another problem. 
    Very frustrating all round. 
    Probably a bit of both.
  • edited August 2019
    I feel for the Lad, because he has talent but at 23, this is a make or break season for Lewis and unfortunately it looks like break.
    He even got injured for Coventry when on loan at the Valley and limped off. I assume the medical team have looked if it's back and posture related leading to his various leg Injuries.

In the hard nosed world of pro football it's seems only Wilshire and Carroll can keep getting contracts despite spending more time on the couch than a ego centric wannabe off a reality show.

• I hope Lewis gets fit - must be very depressing for him.
    I think he is a fabulous player but even at this early stage the season will be slipping by him, another issue and when he is back training he will take at least 2 months to get back to full fitness after his time off.
    I think he is a fabulous player but even at this early stage the season will be slipping by him, another issue and when he is back training he will take at least 2 months to get back to full fitness after his time off.
    Not sure I'd go that far. He seemed a decent enough L1 Left Back, but unproven at Championship level and never really stood out like a Cullen or Taylor.
  • Really like him as a player and hope he gets over it, especially as he could be instrumental in Cullen staying for an extended period here. Doesn’t look too good though. 

• He even got injured for Coventry when on loan at the Valley and limped off. I assume the medical team have looked if it's back and posture related leading to his various leg Injuries.

Like you, Sam ....... I've been wondering if there's a problem in his back or elsewhere.

I can remember years ago, we had a player who had continual hamstring problems and under analysis they found there was a hidden back problem. He had minor surgery or remedial treatment on his back and that seemed to resolve his hamstring issues.

Something like that. Can't remember who the player was now.

• I remember  the serial sick note Darren Anderton - his “injuries” mysteriously cleared up when he was on a pay as you play contract.

Whilst I feel some sympathy towards Page, he is using up a squad place and a wage - not much good when he keeps picking up injuries all the time.  He isn’t going to reach the required number of games to trigger a contract extension. 

• Oggy Red said:

He even got injured for Coventry when on loan at the Valley and limped off. I assume the medical team have looked if it's back and posture related leading to his various leg Injuries.

Like you, Sam ....... I've been wondering if there's a problem in his back or elsewhere.

I can remember years ago, we had a player who had continual hamstring problems and under analysis they found there was a hidden back problem. He had minor surgery or remedial treatment on his back and that seemed to resolve his hamstring issues.

Danny Haynes.  Great player. Fast as f.... could hear his hamstrings pinging when he got to third gear. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I remember the number of different prognoses poor old Super Clive got before they discovered the cyst on his hip...
  • Oggy Red said:

Not Danny Haynes, he still suffers.  I seem to remember Darren Ambrose.
  • clive said:
    "I feel like I’m getting there, I’m feeling fitter and stronger. I had a little setback, probably just from trying to push myself a bit too much to get back for the start of the season, so it was disappointing. But hopefully after the international break I’ll be back out there in the squad and hopefully helping the boys." 

For 15 mins.
  • Page was already injured and we kept playing him. Hopefully he's not injured too bad
  • Good luck to him, rotten luck so far.  Would be great to have him back more permanently
  • Purrington has made the jersey his own now. Can’t see Page getting it back even in the highly unlikely event that he stays fit. Pity as I think he really offers us an attacking dynamic but Ben has begun to prosper in that area too. Shame for Page but he’ll be a bench warmer at best until his contract runs out
  • I hope Lewis can get his fitness back and stay injury free, it seems to be one thing after another for him and he’s still quite young, is he fixable?
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't help thinking that the best thing Page has done for us is help attract Cullen to our club! Having his friend here may have tipped the balance in favour of choosing Charlton last year
  • Any news on his progress as it seems to have gone quiet?
  • Expecting an update this week on Page, Taylor, Oshilaja, Matthews, and Forster-Caskey (that’s not to say he’s injured by the way)
  • Oggy Red said:

Paul Mortimer, I think.  
  • LB today "Lewis Page is now in a boot for his Achilles, so we don’t know when he’s going to be back."
  • LB today "Lewis Page is now in a boot for his Achilles, so we don’t know when he’s going to be back."
    Said in the Bowyer talks thread that i wonder if he'll ever play for us again. The number of injuries he's had is quite ridiculous now.
  • Kap10 said:
    Oggy Red said:

Paul Mortimer, I think.  
    No I think Morts problems were never identified. Pretty sure it was in Premiership.
  • Can we get a title update on this... Lewis Page - now out til 2020
  • Worrying Toby is injured, Maloney on loan and no other U23 can step up. Could JFC cover?