Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall on the move?

Comments

• Options
    Little rewrite for the weekend

No one likes us
    No one likes us
    It's not fair
    We are Millwall, friendly Millwall
    We are Millwall, please be our friend
  • Options
    Pro-Millwall candidate Willow Winston to stand in general election in Lewisham East

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/08/millwall-candidate-willow-winston-artist-general-election

(assumes Millwall fans can spell "X", etc)
  • Options

Pro-Millwall candidate Willow Winston to stand in general election in Lewisham East

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/08/millwall-candidate-willow-winston-artist-general-election

(assumes Millwall fans can spell "X", etc)

Of course they can spell "X". It stands for "Wembley" as well,
    and they have had enough practise writing that over the last decade.
    :smile:

• Options
    "Winston’s platform is anti-gentrification, pro-community-led regeneration and powerfully pro-football, with warmly supportive words in the Millwall Cafe for the struggles of Charlton Athletic fans against their internal enemies."
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/17/millwall-willow-winston-general-election-lewisham-east
  • Options
    Is Internal Enemies, a Freudian slip?
  • Options
    Just glad we have the ACV now
  • Options
    Whatever we all think of millwall I hope they manage to stay at the new Den.

I wish them well in league one next season.
  • Options

Merge Charlton and Millwall into London City FC, play at the Valley, Steve Kavanagh as CEO, their yank as owner, play in green and black kit.

You know it makes sense.

Almost worth a flag

Merge Charlton and Millwall into London City FC, play at the Valley, Steve Kavanagh as CEO, their yank as owner, play in green and black kit.

You know it makes sense.

Almost worth a flag

You know it makes sense.

Almost worth a flag

You been on the sherbert mate. Fuck Millwall.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Acab said:

You know it makes sense.

Almost worth a flag

You know it makes sense.

Almost worth a flag

You know it makes sense.

Almost worth a flag

You won't be saying that if they move to Rochester and play in you're back garden.
  • Options
    2 things that i found interesting

1- if they move they will move to kent, why not actually move back to Millwall

2.them saying if this carries on we will be forced to move millwall and our community scheme as things are getting hostile and we are getting no support from our local council(why are they blackmailing them)
  • Options
    I don't think they will move. The next Lewisham Mayor backed the original plan to redevelop the area but has said he'll look at it again once he's officially elected. The plan still stinks, just because half a million's been spent on showing that the council weren't up to anything, doesn't mean that the ex-council officers and former Mayor behind the scheme shouldn't come under scrutiny (or indeed pay tax on their profits).

As to why they can't move to Millwall, I expect it's the same reason no football club has moved into the Cities of London or Westminster in the last 100 years. The only conceivable place they could go there would be Mudchute.
    Personally, I think if they're going to move, they should move further down the old Surrey Canal to Croydon and groundshare with the Nigels....

• Options

2 things that i found interesting

1- if they move they will move to kent, why not actually move back to Millwall

2.them saying if this carries on we will be forced to move millwall and our community scheme as things are getting hostile and we are getting no support from our local council(why are they blackmailing them)

Answers in sequential order.

1. Because it would mean we, too, could encroach on smaller Kent based clubs' supporter base.

2. Who do you think is blackmailing who?
  • Options
    Acab said:

You know it makes sense.

Almost worth a flag

You know it makes sense.

Almost worth a flag

You know it makes sense.

Almost worth a flag

Yeah, and fuck you too. I hope you have some of that Coventry haters cat dinner.
  • Options
    Yeah bye.
  • Options
    Would love to know where Millwall think they will move to if they weren't to stay in Bermondsey/New Cross.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Would love to know where Millwall think they will move to if they weren't to stay in Bermondsey/New Cross.

They’ll fancy their chances down Ebsfleet way I reckon. Lot of development and infrastructure going that way.

Leysdown would be the perfect place.
  • Options

Acab said:

You know it makes sense.

Almost worth a flag

You know it makes sense.

Almost worth a flag

You know it makes sense.

Almost worth a flag

Yeah, and fuck you too. I hope you have some of that Coventry haters cat dinner.
    What does that mean?
  • Options

Acab said:

You know it makes sense.

Almost worth a flag

You know it makes sense.

Almost worth a flag

You know it makes sense.

Almost worth a flag

What does that mean?
    Exactly what it says on the tin :smile:

If you're unsure then check out the Coventry thread further down the board.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yeah bye.

'Yeah, bye' :wink:
  • Options

Greenwich Peninsula by all accounts.
  • Options
    I think they should move to Milton Keynes
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Belmarsh is available apparently as a suitable site it’s where most of the supporters live
  • Options
    Maybe move back to the wrong side of the river and share with their buddies Wet Spam.

What could possibly go wrong?
  • Options

They'll merge with that well-known team in the Medway Towns. Aug to Dec it will be called Gillwall, and Jan to May it will be Millingham. Made for each other.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Maybe move back to the wrong side of the river and share with their buddies Wet Spam.

What could possibly go wrong?

Numerous birds, one stone.

Perhaps Prague could suggest this at the next Olympic stadium meeting.

• Options

In all honesty I hope they resolve all their issues concerning this very dubious property grab. As much as I wish them ill on the pitch we as football supporters should stand by them on this one.

I wouldn't wish that on anyone other than the Nigels and I too genuinely hope they resolve this and can continue to play at the toolbox - albeit in the Conference.
  • Options

In all honesty I hope they resolve all their issues concerning this very dubious property grab. As much as I wish them ill on the pitch we as football supporters should stand by them on this one.

Aren't they losing land that they don't own (and never have) ?