Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall on the move?

Comments

• Options

clive said:

Millwall have confirmed they have been holding behind-the-scenes talks with developers Renewal over trying to devise a compromise scheme for around The Den which would satisfy both sides.
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/exclusive-millwall-announce-progress-on-talks-with-developers-renewal/

'strong and stable'

This isn't going to end well.
    So.......

Plans for horse poo both inside AND outside the Den ?
    Only if the police are encouraged/told/forced, as dog owners are, to pick/clean it up afterwards.
  • Options
    Good. Would be grotesque for land developers 'Renewal' to turf out Millwall. But it does indicate the dangers of not owning your ground!
  • Options

Good. Would be grotesque for land developers 'Renewal' to turf out Millwall. But it does indicate the dangers of not owning your ground!

The previous redevelopment plan stank, especially for a Labour council
  • Options
    Glad it’s getting resolved. Toolbox is a shithole anyway. They are well suited.
  • Options
    I am pleased they are staying, but hope they are not playing any part in the development.
  • Options
    I had a Millwall on the move earlier... double flusher!
  • Options
    Bumping an old thread rather than starting a new one..... .
  • Options
    Impressive 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Who would fund that ? The club do not own the New Den so cannot use monies from sale of current real estate. Would Lewisham Council spend taxpayers money or would the stadium be tied into new development cost of regeneration of area and funded by developers. Can’t see that being overly popular but what do I know.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No chance of that happening, but it's a nice looking artist's impression...

No way have they got the finances to take a perfectly acceptable (if dull) 20k stadium and completely rebuild it. It would be pointless too. An expanded main stand with more function rooms, lounges and boxes, that might happen though
  • Options
    Looks like West Ham’s London Stadiums shittier neighbour the velodrome 
  • Options
    Love the velodrome. It’s a great building, inside and out, imho. 
  • Options
    Just feeling another Millwall on the move...
  • Options
    Is someone having a laugh in making it look like the Colosseum on the outside?
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    JamesSeed said:
    Love the velodrome. It’s a great building, inside and out, imho. 
    The Lee Valley Velodrome is a Giant wooden Pringle. 
  • Options
    It looks like a prison.

:D 
  • Options
    What do they need a new stadium for anyway?

A. The current one isn't exactly old.
    B. Their average crowd this season is less than 14k.

Be a complete waste of time and money.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Who would fund that ? The club do not own the New Den so cannot use monies from sale of current real estate. Would Lewisham Council spend taxpayers money or would the stadium be tied into new development cost of regeneration of area and funded by developers. Can’t see that being overly popular but what do I know.
     Better ask PV as he is working on the project, I believe.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    The anger in this thread is both comical and a fascinating insight into the minds of some.

I'm easy either way. It's really not worth the vein popping.
  • Options
    The anger in this thread is both comical and a fascinating insight into the minds of some.

Genuine question BBW, PWR,  club initiative or lewisham council?
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Genuine question BBW, PWR,  club initiative or lewisham council?
    Who and what is PWR, before I get a whoosh? :)
  • Options
    Posted without reading 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I believe our Chairman will fund, or will raise funding, the aspects concerning the ground.
  • Options
    It looks like a prison.

:D 
    That's to make the fan's  feel at home 
  • Options
    Interesting.

I look forward to being locked in  there for hours post game whilst contemplating yet another usual warrior- like derby performance from our lads in future.