Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2017

Comments

• Options
    Howzat said:

Northeast is off to Surrey

Told ya! ;)
  • Options

Howzat said:

Northeast is off to Surrey

Told ya! ;)
    That's almost worth a flag Canters!
  • Options
    SNE called up for the England Lions tour, but only the while ball part

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/42409198
  • Options

SNE called up for the England Lions tour, but only the while ball part

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/42409198

Good news for Sam - he's still has him down as a Kent player too, though some county contracts run from January to January so we will know more in a few weeks time.
  • Options
    From the Kent site:

Northeast is one of a number of Kent Cricket Academy graduates to receive a Lions call-up and believes it’s a boost for the dressing room.

The skipper said: “The most important thing is to keep scoring runs and winning games of cricket with Kent which will put me in contention.

“All we can do is win games of cricket. Kent is a great place to play cricket and we are working hard to improve and win trophies.”

The Ashford-born batsman is looking forward to an extended stay in the Caribbean in 2018 with the FGS Plant Tour in late January and February followed by the Lions series in March, also in Antigua.

The Kent Cricket Academy graduate said: “I’ll be spending quite a bit of time out there and I’ll get to know the place really well

“We know exactly what to expect this year. We had no idea what to expect in terms of the pitches, conditions and training facilities on the 2017 tour.

“We’ll go out there and try and win the Super50 competition. It is a pre-season tour and we are building up towards April and the start of the Specsavers County Championship but if we can play some good cricket, it will give the squad confidence and momentum which we can take into our summer.

“We started the season well in 2017 following the Tour although we didn’t go well in the Royal London One-Day Cup.

“It will be a competitive tournament and there are a lot of places up for grabs so we’re looking forward to it.”

That doesn't sound like someone who is heading to Notts - well not this season anyway.
  • Options
    Oh dear the plot thickens:

Kent’s captain Sam Northeast is reportedly weighing up his future at the club after being told he is not the club’s preferred choice of captain.

According to The Times, the 28-year-old has been informed unofficially by the club’s hierarchy that he is not their preferred choice of captain for the next season.

The report also suggests that he won’t be considered for captaincy unless he signs a one-year contract extension.
  • Options
    Strange and worrying

I can’t see how changing the captain would make any difference anyway
  • Options

Strange and worrying

I think it's more to do with the fact that they want the same captain for the next two seasons. Not sure that Stevens would want it, Tredwell isn't a fixture in the side so the obvious choice would be Denly.
  • Options

Strange and worrying

I think it's more to do with the fact that they want the same captain for the next two seasons. Not sure that Stevens would want it, Tredwell isn't a fixture in the side so the obvious choice would be Denly.
    Who cares about 2020 at this stage? Ridiculous to risk losing one of best players over this
  • Options

Strange and worrying

Who cares about 2020 at this stage? Ridiculous to risk losing one of best players over this
    I think it's all about certainty. The management would have heard the rumours about SNE wanting to play in Div 1 and they probably want him to commit now so they can plan for the season. They are due to go to the Windies soon and if he's not going to stay they need to know.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Strange and worrying

I think it's all about certainty. The management would have heard the rumours about SNE wanting to play in Div 1 and they probably want him to commit now so they can plan for the season. They are due to go to the Windies soon and if he's not going to stay they need to know.
    they should be worrying about 2019. Get promotion, and all Kent players will be playing in Div 1 in 2020!
  • Options
    Hearing rumours that Northeast has been stripped of the Captaincy and now wants away.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Going to Nottinghamshire or Sussex, I’m told.
  • Options

Hearing rumours that Northeast has been stripped of the Captaincy and now wants away.

What a farcical situation, shooting ourselves in the foot again
  • Options

I suspect that the wanting away came first.
  • Options
    And after all that time they spent buttering him up with promises of the captaincy while Rob Key was still there, just to get him to sign a new contract. Now they take the captaincy away if he doesn't sign a new contract? Can't say I blame him for wanting to leave a team that would bugger about like that.
  • Options

I suspect that the wanting away came first.
    No idea mate, but you could be right.
    I'd say Kent CCC are a shambles though.
  • Options
    Heard that JP Duminy been offered/to be offered 2 year player & captaincy deal?
  • Options
    iamdan said:

The Donald effect?
  • Options
    iamdan said:

Steve Smith wants experience of county cricket. Perhaps we can sign him and Starc on a BOGOF deal!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

iamdan said:

Steve Smith wants experience of county cricket. Perhaps we can sign him and Starc on a BOGOF deal!
    I think that that's probably pushing the laws of probability a bit far. Far more likely that we get a "buy two Kolpaks get one overseas for free" - the Kolpaks being JPD & ABV with Rabada the overseas.
  • Options

iamdan said:

The Donald effect?
    Hasn’t Donald failed the visa application?
  • Options

iamdan said:

The Donald effect?
    Donald Duck?
  • Options
    iamdan said:

iamdan said:

The Donald effect?
    Hasn’t Donald failed the visa application?
    As released in the press today:

Allan Donald is still waiting on the results of the coaching qualification he needs to get a work permit in the UK, Kent Cricket have confirmed.

The former South African international bowler needs the Level 3 coaching badge in order to get the work permit.

He was due to join Kent as assistant coach for the 2017 season but only had the Level 2 qualification.

The 51-year-old subsequently spent part of the summer working with Sri Lanka’s Champions Trophy squad – a role he was able to fulfil because visa requirements only apply to employers in the UK.

Ex-Australian fast bowler, Jason Gillespie, was brought in on a short-term contract instead but it has always been the county’s intention to get Donald in as assistant coach.

A spokesman for Kent Cricket confirmed he is still waiting on his results, which are understood to be released early this year.

However, Donald will still join up with the squad in January for their tour of the West Indies as he doesn’t need a work permit to work there.

Kent travel to the Caribbean later this month for the second successive year.

Two players in the squad have already been working with Donald in South Africa this winter in preparation for the new season.

Calum Haggett and Ivan Thomas have both been in Cape Town with Donald and Thomas has been bowling at the South African team as they prepare for their Test series with India.

Kent head coach Matt Walker revealed in September that he and Donald – who took 330 wickets in 72 Tests and 272 scalps in 164 one-day internationals – have been in regular contact and that the one-time Warwickshire bowler is looking forward to having more significant role with the club in 2018.

Donald has previously worked at Warwickshire and enjoyed spells with Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and England as well as coaching IPL franchise Royal Challengers Bangalore.

The fact that Donald is going to the Windies would suggest that he is, work permit permitting, still very much part of the plans.
  • Options
    So, where's Northeast going then? The Oval is a nice place to bat.
  • Options

So, where's Northeast going then? The Oval is a nice place to bat.

That is Northwest
  • Options
    Im hearing northeast is going to hampshire ! Hope it's wrong but usually gets his information right. Very worrying that we've not signed one single fast bowler. Can't see us taking 10 wickets let alone 20 !
  • Options
    Are Hampshire in L1?
  • Options

Are Hampshire in L1?

Yep
  • Options
    iamdan said:

Going to Surrey, I’m told.