Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2017

Comments

• Options
    No different to the game being abandoned due to weather or dodgy run up. Couldn't appeal against that.
  • Options
    Another 10 points deduction for a charlton style 'frivolous appeal ' please.
  • Options
    Looks like Matt Coles has gone to Essex.
  • Options
    Matt Coles has gone to Essex so one bowler now and he is 41 years old
  • Options
    Dunno why Ivan Thomas doesn't get more of a go, he was really promising a couple of years ago
  • Options

So this is our squad for next season in all forms of the game:

SNE
    DBD
    Dickson
    Denly
    Blake
    Crawley

Billings
    Rouse
    Robinson

Stevens
    Stewart
    Gidman
    Coles
    Clayton
    Hunn
    Haggett
    Thomas

Riley
    Qayyum
    Tredwell

So 20 in total. Room, however, for a quality bat and a devastatingly good quickie. With those two in the side and a better season from some of our under-performers we should be in the mix in all comps.

Perhaps Donald could find us a couple of decent Kolpaks?

19 now and a very bare cupboard so far as quick bowlers are concerned. Still Coles' departure will, at least, free up some money and I wouldn't imagine that he had the worst contract at Kent.
  • Options
    Remember bumping into matt coles once or twice on a night out in Tunbridge Wells. Always rated him, a shame to lose a talented cricketer, even if his work ethic can be a bit suspect.
  • Options
    Remember Matt Coles, when I was at Canterbury Uni, helicoptering his old boy in Club Chem whilst straddling a dance pole.
  • Options
    iamdan said:

Remember Matt Coles, when I was at Canterbury Uni, helicoptering his old boy in Club Chem whilst straddling a dance pole.

Sounds like the lad in belugas in t wells I came across
  • Options
    iamdan said:

Standard night out at club chem that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sad to lose Coles...but for one reason or another, he's wasting his talents. Maybe he needs a different environment, one where he is worked harder and gets fitter
  • Options
    Some nice pubs in Chelmsford.

Remember being very drunk and getting off with a girl on dance floor at Dukes back in early 90's at about 930 in evening. We were the Only two on whole dance floor
  • Options
    Essex have lost their first team coach, Chris Silverwood, who is Otis Gibson's replacement as England's full time fast bowling coach.

Coles might regret going to Essex if he was looking to be mentored by Silverwood especially with Donald meant to be coming to us.
  • Options

Essex have lost their first team coach, Chris Silverwood, who is Otis Gibson's replacement as England's full time fast bowling coach.

Coles might regret going to Essex if he was looking to be mentored by Silverwood especially with Donald meant to be coming to us.

I think Coles might be beyond help!
  • Options
    Shame in a way but he was a big under achiever, particularly last year. Unlikely to change next year I would have thought so Kent should see this as an opportunity.
  • Options
    Jason Gillespie appointed Sussex coach on a 3 year deal. Didn't think that he wanted to come back to England because of the disruptive affect on his family but I suppose if the job and price is right then he feels it's worth the sacrifice.
  • Options
    Will Gidman has signed an extension to his contract.

Strange one this because he hardly played a part in any form of the game last season but, possibly, he had issues settling down south? Whatever, let's hope he finds the form that he showed for us when on loan.
  • Options

Will Gidman has signed an extension to his contract.

Strange one this because he hardly played a part in any form of the game last season but, possibly, he had issues settling down south? Whatever, let's hope he finds the form that he showed for us when on loan.

A bit underwhelming after a poor 2017, but hopefully he can regain his 2016 form
  • Options
    Jamie Clifford, after 15 years at Kent, is leaving to join the MCC.

kentcricket.co.uk/news/jamie-clifford-to-join-mcc/
  • Options

Jamie Clifford, after 15 years at Kent, is leaving to join the MCC.

kentcricket.co.uk/news/jamie-clifford-to-join-mcc/

Good riddance! The man who ruined The St Lawrence Ground.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just heard Northeast is leaving
  • Options
    Howzat said:

Interesting and a major surprise - where's he going?
  • Options

Howzat said:

Interesting and a major surprise - where's he going?
    South West?
  • Options
    Newly promoted D1 club with a coaching vacancy he can double up in? ;)
  • Options
    Portsmouth?
  • Options
    Come to Surrey Sam.
  • Options

Come to Surrey Sam.

Sussex would be more convenient for him. Ideal replacement for Chris Nash.
  • Options

Come to Surrey Sam.

Sussex would be more convenient for him. Ideal replacement for Chris Nash.
    I think a Div 1 club would be more convenient for him tbh :pensive:

(it'll be...idk, would have said Middlesex but they went down!)
  • Options
    Northeast is off to Notts
  • Options
    Disastrous news if true