Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2017

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2017
    I'd like to say I'm disappointed Kent didn't get through. Would have liked to have both of us go through. You have a decent team and some very good players. I just feel the balance and set up of your aide isn't quite right. Something isn't right.

I feel your team is less than the sum of the parts when it should be the other way round with the likes of Stevens and SNE on top of billings Blake DBD etc
  • Options
    Dismal last 10 overs, I got back to the station on time, but that's the only positive. ..
  • Options

I'd like to say I'm disappointed Kent didn't get through. Would have liked to have both of us go through. You have a decent team and some very good players. I just feel the balance and set up of your aide isn't quite right. Something isn't right.

I feel your team is less than the sum of the parts when it should be the other way round with the likes of Stevens and SNE on top of billings Blake DBD etc

I think it's the experience of these sort of games that is missing. It will come in time for some of the younger players but chances are they'll be doing that for another county. Same old story unfortunately.
  • Options
    Just seen the result. Disappointed, but I don't think we were going to win it this year.
    Has Billings lost his mojo? Don't hear much about him these days.
  • Options
    Thought we had it. Surrey didn't bat well other Roy who was excellent. Their fielding was poor and we seemed to be coasting it at one point. Still not sure how we lost. Our batting very reliant on top 3 and I suppose this cost us. Stevens earlier injury, Billings not really on song, Blake and Needham out of form
    Only 1 win and 5 defeats at Canterbury means we don't deserve to go through.
    Got the train home with a bit to spare anyway
  • Options
    Just got home from watching what had shaped up to be a really good contest. Looked like Roy was going to carry them there but some excellent fielding amd bowling restricted them and apart from Roy I wasn't impressed with their batting strength. However.....

3 things conspired to lose that, our batsmen being overly cautious, some very good bowling from Surrey and an umpire that seemed to not recognise a wide when it is bowled. If he had given the wides and here's one for discussion, if the 4 that wasn't that was right in front of me where the fielder made contact with ball and rope was given we would have won.

Roy just looked like he got tired when he got out, if he had stayed in it would have been over before we had our innings
  • Options
    Feck.

And again, FECK !
  • Options
    I wasn't there, I didn't see any footage, I know nothing about the conditions but I have to say f**king pathetic!
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

I think it's the experience of these sort of games that is missing. It will come in time for some of the younger players but chances are they'll be doing that for another county. Same old story unfortunately.
    I'm not sure experience was an issue, our team isn't that young or inexperienced really

In some ways we're the opposite of England, in that it's our middle order misfiring. Because Joe and DBD have been scoring so many runs, the lack of runs down the order has been covered up a bit.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I felt we needed to show more aggressive intent early on but a mixture of good bowling and possibly trying to 'play sensible' let us down. Middle order looked hopeless and I always felt that with the power play gone we'd struggle. Clarke was superb for Surrey.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Canterbury pitches have been rubbish this summer, definitely giving us no home advantage. They clearly aren't encouraging stroke play with the older ball
  • Options
    Hello Kent peeps.
    Get in !
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I was there last night. Thought we would get the 150 easily but some decent bowling by Clarke, Curran and Enriques meant we couldn't get the runs away. Clarke missed out on a hat trick in the final over but still got 3 wickets. And a quick mention to the morons that were chanting some absolute drivel to Clarke spurred him on in that final over did the job.
  • Options
    mart77 said:

I felt we needed to show more aggressive intent early on but a mixture of good bowling and possibly trying to 'play sensible' let us down. Middle order looked hopeless and I always felt that with the power play gone we'd struggle. Clarke was superb for Surrey.

I really don't get your comment about our early on batting. We were well ahead of the run rate and the DL. In fact after 12 overs we were 95-2 leaving 60 needed off 8 overs with 8 wickets in hand.
  • Options
    Over the T20 season we can say that top 4 batsman have batted well but the middle order disapointed. Blake has been a major disappointment after showing promise in the last couple of years. Stevens has also been very disappointing but we don't know how much his injuries have hampered him.
    On the bowling front the major plusses have been the emergence of Quayum and Haggett at this form of cricket. Coles and Neesham were disappointing with Claydon erratic, bowling a couple of loose overs but often being very good at the end. If we had Milne fit for whole tournament it could have been different: a fit Stevens would also have helped here.
  • Options
    CC restarts tomorrow home to Leicester. Sunny and 25 degrees. Sounds worth a visit.
    Does anyone know if Milne or neesham available or were they only here for T20's?
    Saw Leicester have signed Michael Carberry for the CC but he is still going play for Hants in the T20 final! how does that work?
  • Options
    redman said:

CC restarts tomorrow home to Leicester. Sunny and 25 degrees. Sounds worth a visit.
    Does anyone know if Milne or neesham available or were they only here for T20's?
    Saw Leicester have signed Michael Carberry for the CC but he is still going play for Hants in the T20 final! how does that work?

http://www.kentcricket.co.uk/news/kent-v-leicestershire-monday-11am/

Milne is in the squad for tomorrow
  • Options
    Kent XI: Bell-Drummond, Dickson, Denly, Northeast, Billings, Crawley, Stevens, Milne, Coles, Qayyum, Claydon.
  • Options
    Kent off to a good start. 36/3

Guess who got all the wickets?
  • Options
    Stewart said:

Kent off to a good start. 36/3

Guess who got gave all the wickets?

The Umpire?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    5 for Stevens
  • Options
    114-5
  • Options
    Stevo now has 6 for 22. Cleaned bowled Dexter.
  • Options
    155-6
  • Options
    In the words of Len Goodman....SEVEN! For Stevo.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    166-7
  • Options
    Darren "Leicester reject" Stevens, oops :-)
  • Options
    174 for 8. Not for Stevo though, Milne getting a caught behind off the bat of Pillans.
  • Options
    Stevo's figures are 7-25.
  • Options
    Stevens is genius. This is what we've missed the last few weeks.