Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall at home.

Comments

• decided I will go to this. If only for the remote chance we might not lose. I will swing by early and get a ticket on the day assuming the ticket office opens at 10
  • Just got my 2, no problems on the phone
  • Blucher said:

Really looking forward to this one - truly a triumph of hope over experience. My first Charlton v Millwall game was a bit of a classic, the 4-3 home defeat on the first day of the season in August 1968 (with just under 27,000 in attendance), since when we've played them 44 times in the league and only won on 5 occasions (2 of which I missed in the late 70s when I was away at uni). Thanks to @Redhenry for posting our atrocious record in this fixture - useful perspective, as well as triggering some memories (albeit mainly unhappy ones). My personal low point against Millwall was the penultimate game of the season in April 1972 when they beat us 2-0 at the Valley, sparking a mass pitch invasion and prolonged scenes of ugly triumphalism. It looked then as if we were going to be two divisions apart the following season although, in the event, Birmingham had something to say about that.

As to our side on Saturday, I suspect that he'll keep much the same line up as last time out, with Page or DaSilva replacing Fox and perhaps Byrne coming in for Botaka. Another option might be to slot Chicksen in at left back, although I wouldn't fancy Ajose to start in this sort of game. I'd certainly like to see Konsa retained in midfield alongside Aribo and Crofts. Robinson has mentioned that the bench may include Holmes, Watt and maybe Forster-Caskey - https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/15070/charlton-boss-karl-robinson-tony-watt-one-best-players-league-one-can-keep-track/. If so, at least we'll have a couple of potential game-changers to possibly bring on at some stage.

On a separate note, I agree with what a number of others have said - it was very good management on the part of Neil Harris to use the Bournemouth post-match conference to emphasise the importance of this game. They'll certainly be up for it. We need to match that attitude, win our share of 50/50s and then hopefully wrest control of the game.

Leaving aside the local derby aspect, this is a very important game for us, with a couple of tough fixtures coming up against Scunny and Bolton. Whilst putting ourselves in contention for the play-offs is a remote possibility, a few bad results this months will completely extinguish any possibility of a challenge.

Excellent post Blucher.My first game against the Scum was also that game in1968.Missed Peacocks goal in the first few minutes and I bet there was more than 27k there that day.Likewise a Massive low was the 2 nil defeat in 1972.Too many disappointments since to mention so a win on Saturday would be great - it's well overdue!
  • Blucher said:

Really looking forward to this one - truly a triumph of hope over experience. My first Charlton v Millwall game was a bit of a classic, the 4-3 home defeat on the first day of the season in August 1968 (with just under 27,000 in attendance), since when we've played them 44 times in the league and only won on 5 occasions (2 of which I missed in the late 70s when I was away at uni). Thanks to @Redhenry for posting our atrocious record in this fixture - useful perspective, as well as triggering some memories (albeit mainly unhappy ones). My personal low point against Millwall was the penultimate game of the season in April 1972 when they beat us 2-0 at the Valley, sparking a mass pitch invasion and prolonged scenes of ugly triumphalism. It looked then as if we were going to be two divisions apart the following season although, in the event, Birmingham had something to say about that.

As to our side on Saturday, I suspect that he'll keep much the same line up as last time out, with Page or DaSilva replacing Fox and perhaps Byrne coming in for Botaka. Another option might be to slot Chicksen in at left back, although I wouldn't fancy Ajose to start in this sort of game. I'd certainly like to see Konsa retained in midfield alongside Aribo and Crofts. Robinson has mentioned that the bench may include Holmes, Watt and maybe Forster-Caskey - https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/15070/charlton-boss-karl-robinson-tony-watt-one-best-players-league-one-can-keep-track/. If so, at least we'll have a couple of potential game-changers to possibly bring on at some stage.

On a separate note, I agree with what a number of others have said - it was very good management on the part of Neil Harris to use the Bournemouth post-match conference to emphasise the importance of this game. They'll certainly be up for it. We need to match that attitude, win our share of 50/50s and then hopefully wrest control of the game.

Leaving aside the local derby aspect, this is a very important game for us, with a couple of tough fixtures coming up against Scunny and Bolton. Whilst putting ourselves in contention for the play-offs is a remote possibility, a few bad results this months will completely extinguish any possibility of a challenge.

Excellent post Blucher.My first game against the Scum was also that game in1968.Missed Peacocks goal in the first few minutes and I bet there was more than 27k there that day.Likewise a Massive low was the 2 nil defeat in 1972.Too many disappointments since to mention so a win on Saturday would be great - it's well overdue!
    Well said for once

See you Saturday mate: )
  • That August 1968 game was the one where I had a season ticket for the very first time, 30 bob for a youth season ticket for what was to become a great season.
  • In recent times I still see in slow motion Tucadean failing to convert a golden chance to win the game a few years back!
  • Is he still on the books?
  • Broken boycott, my 15yo wants me to go with him amd mate - touched :smile:

This is the one.
    They will thank you for it in years to come
  • Buckled. I've bought a ticket.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm in. Only 2nd league home game this season. Again, excuse is my 16yr old wants to go. I hate that losing to scum feeling. I still worry about the lack of passion. I would start with Watt; we have nothing to lose. Ajose should be nowhere near the team for this one. Let's hope Ricky is also fit.
  • I don't see why you can't buy online with a membership number though? It's no different from doing it over the phone..

Exactly this. I have just asked that very question over the phone and was fobbed off with the usual "that's the way it's always been done" or "come directly to ticket office" ...

When I told them I live in East Grinstead so not practical and shouldn't an average third tier club playing in front of a 1/3 full stadium make buying tickets easier I was just ignored.

I'll see if I get the courtesy of a reply to an email.

if you were allowed to buy on line you could be buying for some Millwall supporters.
  • jdmotion said:

Did we win that one?

Drew 2 - 2
    Was I at that one?
    No, even you're not that old.

11 years before you were born.
    Ageist.

Does Charlton Life have a complaints department?
  • Crusty54 said:

I don't see why you can't buy online with a membership number though? It's no different from doing it over the phone..

Exactly this. I have just asked that very question over the phone and was fobbed off with the usual "that's the way it's always been done" or "come directly to ticket office" ...

When I told them I live in East Grinstead so not practical and shouldn't an average third tier club playing in front of a 1/3 full stadium make buying tickets easier I was just ignored.

if you were allowed to buy on line you could be buying for some Millwall supporters.
    But isn't that also true for phone or personal collection? I've got two tickets but they don't know if I am got them for a Millwall mate.
  • Crusty54 said:

I don't see why you can't buy online with a membership number though? It's no different from doing it over the phone..

What and you can't if you're buying over the phone? You need a membership number either way... I don't see the difference except for an excuse to mug us all off for £2.50.
  • jdmotion said:

jdmotion said:

Did we win that one?

Drew 2 - 2
    Was I at that one?
    No, even you're not that old.

11 years before you were born.
    Ageist.

Does Charlton Life have a complaints department?
    Yes. Please email noonecares@Charlton life.co.uk

We have a policy that we respond to one complaint every time someone gets a reply from that Fans@cafc.co.uk email.

• edited January 2017
    got my 2 through the post today; Unusually close to the reverse fixture this season so the loss at the Toolbox is still very much in my mind (as is p****g up the wall outside afterwards due to the locked lavs.......)

But this time, more than any other time.,,,,,,,(he sings to himself) do we not have a chance ? Feeling good about this one, esp with TWWW on the bench. He could really write himself into CAFC folklore if he came off the bench to score the winner.........

Nurse !!!
  • Crusty54 said:

As others have said it's the same over the phone. Where I get confused is how their system can't see that I have used my client ref several times this season. Unless a Millwall fan set up an account, sat through some of the dross we've had to endure in order to get a ticket in amongst the blanket brigade. Some of their support are clearly not the brightest but are they that stupid?
  • Sponsored links:

• Same old story when we play milllllllllll

False optimism/A win will result in mass hysteria and we'll have turned the corner/A defeat will result in dogs abuse for Robinson and he should be sacked.

Will be nice to win though!
  • Man. It would be great to win saturday. I hope the players spare us any pre match interviews about 'knowing how important this is for the fans'. We don't need it, they only have to do it on the pitch on saturday. I am hoping against what mu brain tells me, that we will end our barren streak against them and get a win to launch an assault on a play off spot.
  • Redhenry said:

v Millwall

Games won: 12
    Games drawn: 26
    Games lost: 35
    Date Match Result Score Competition
    31 Dec 1921 Millwall v Charlton Athletic W 0-1 Division Three (South)
    14 Jan 1922 Charlton Athletic v Millwall W 2-1 Division Three (South)
    04 Nov 1922 Millwall v Charlton Athletic D 1-1 Division Three (South)
    11 Nov 1922 Charlton Athletic v Millwall L 0-2 Division Three (South)
    22 Sep 1923 Charlton Athletic v Millwall L 0-1 Division Three (South)
    29 Sep 1923 Millwall v Charlton Athletic L 1-0 Division Three (South)
    10 Apr 1925 Charlton Athletic v Millwall L 0-2 Division Three (South)
    13 Apr 1925 Millwall v Charlton Athletic L 1-0 Division Three (South)
    03 Oct 1925 Millwall v Charlton Athletic D 1-1 Division Three (South)
    13 Feb 1926 Charlton Athletic v Millwall L 1-4 Division Three (South)
    25 Sep 1926 Millwall v Charlton Athletic L 3-0 Division Three (South)
    12 Feb 1927 Charlton Athletic v Millwall D 1-1 Division Three (South)
    08 Oct 1927 Charlton Athletic v Millwall D 1-1 Division Three (South)
    18 Feb 1928 Millwall v Charlton Athletic L 5-0 Division Three (South)
    05 Oct 1929 Millwall v Charlton Athletic D 1-1 League Division Two
    08 Feb 1930 Charlton Athletic v Millwall D 1-1 League Division Two
    06 Sep 1930 Charlton Athletic v Millwall W 2-0 League Division Two
    03 Jan 1931 Millwall v Charlton Athletic L 6-0 League Division Two
    10 Oct 1931 Charlton Athletic v Millwall L 1-3 League Division Two
    20 Feb 1932 Millwall v Charlton Athletic L 1-0 League Division Two
    12 Nov 1932 Millwall v Charlton Athletic L 2-1 League Division Two
    25 Mar 1933 Charlton Athletic v Millwall L 1-4 League Division Two
    29 Sep 1934 Charlton Athletic v Millwall W 3-1 Division Three (South)
    09 Feb 1935 Millwall v Charlton Athletic W 1-3 Division Three (South)
    27 Aug 1966 Millwall v Charlton Athletic D 0-0 League Division Two
    31 Dec 1966 Charlton Athletic v Millwall D 0-0 League Division Two
    02 Sep 1967 Millwall v Charlton Athletic D 0-0 League Division Two
    06 Jan 1968 Charlton Athletic v Millwall W 1-0 League Division Two
    10 Aug 1968 Charlton Athletic v Millwall L 3-4 League Division Two
    01 Mar 1969 Millwall v Charlton Athletic L 3-2 League Division Two
    16 Aug 1969 Millwall v Charlton Athletic D 1-1 League Division Two
    07 Oct 1969 Charlton Athletic v Millwall D 2-2 League Division Two
    05 Sep 1970 Charlton Athletic v Millwall L 1-3 League Division Two
    27 Mar 1971 Millwall v Charlton Athletic L 2-0 League Division Two
    30 Aug 1971 Millwall v Charlton Athletic L 2-1 League Division Two
    25 Apr 1972 Charlton Athletic v Millwall L 0-2 League Division Two
    27 Dec 1976 Millwall v Charlton Athletic D 1-1 League Division Two
    08 Apr 1977 Charlton Athletic v Millwall W 3-2 League Division Two
    24 Sep 1977 Millwall v Charlton Athletic D 1-1 League Division Two
    28 Feb 1978 Charlton Athletic v Millwall L 0-2 League Division Two
    28 Oct 1978 Millwall v Charlton Athletic W 0-2 League Division Two
    10 Mar 1979 Charlton Athletic v Millwall L 2-4 League Division Two
    06 Sep 1980 Millwall v Charlton Athletic L 2-0 League Division Three
    17 Mar 1981 Charlton Athletic v Millwall D 0-0 League Division Three
    29 Mar 1986 Millwall v Charlton Athletic D 2-2 League Division Two
    15 Apr 1986 Charlton Athletic v Millwall D 3-3 League Division Two
    10 Sep 1988 Charlton Athletic v Millwall L 0-3 League Division One
    02 Jan 1989 Millwall v Charlton Athletic L 1-0 League Division One
    22 Aug 1989 Millwall v Charlton Athletic D 2-2 League Division One
    09 Dec 1989 Charlton Athletic v Millwall D 1-1 League Division One
    22 Sep 1990 Charlton Athletic v Millwall D 0-0 League Division Two
    10 Apr 1991 Millwall v Charlton Athletic L 3-1 League Division Two
    26 Feb 1992 Millwall v Charlton Athletic L 1-0 League Division Two
    07 Mar 1992 Charlton Athletic v Millwall W 1-0 League Division Two
    02 Sep 1992 Millwall v Charlton Athletic W 1-2 Anglo-Italian Cup
    18 Oct 1992 Charlton Athletic v Millwall L 0-2 League Division 1
    24 Apr 1993 Millwall v Charlton Athletic L 1-0 League Division 1
    01 Sep 1993 Millwall v Charlton Athletic D 2-2 Anglo-Italian Cup
    11 Sep 1993 Charlton Athletic v Millwall D 0-0 League Division 1
    15 Mar 1994 Millwall v Charlton Athletic L 2-1 League Division 1
    01 Jan 1995 Charlton Athletic v Millwall D 1-1 League Division 1
    08 Apr 1995 Millwall v Charlton Athletic L 3-1 League Division 1
    05 Dec 1995 Millwall v Charlton Athletic W 0-2 League Division 1
    09 Mar 1996 Charlton Athletic v Millwall W 2-0 League Division 1
    19 Dec 2009 Charlton Athletic v Millwall D 4-4 League One
    13 Mar 2010 Millwall v Charlton Athletic L 4-0 League One
    01 Dec 2012 Millwall v Charlton Athletic D 0-0 League Championship
    16 Mar 2013 Charlton Athletic v Millwall L 0-2 League Championship
    21 Sep 2013 Charlton Athletic v Millwall L 0-1 League Championship
    15 Mar 2014 Millwall v Charlton Athletic D 0-0 League Championship
    22 Nov 2014 Charlton Athletic v Millwall D 0-0 League Championship
    03 Apr 2015 Millwall v Charlton Athletic L 2-1 League Championship
    21 Dec 2016 Millwall v Charlton Athletic L 3-1 League One

what a memory ((:>)
    Pretty poor tbh. Forgot the win at home in the Kent cup.
  • Sticking by my guns and not going, would normally be right up for this , but just can't be bothered with it anymore.

I'm really tempted but I, too, will be sticking to my guns and staying away. How maddening will it be if this is the one we win (and pigs might fly).
  • Sticking by my guns and not going, would normally be right up for this , but just can't be bothered with it anymore.

I'm really tempted but I, too, will be sticking to my guns and staying away. How maddening will it be if this is the one we win (and pigs might fly).
    Pigs have been known to fly at the valley before.
    COYR
  • Games I've been to - P 36 W 5 D 14 L 17

01 Mar 1969 Millwall v Charlton Athletic L 3-2 League Division Two
    16 Aug 1969 Millwall v Charlton Athletic D 1-1 League Division Two
    07 Oct 1969 Charlton Athletic v Millwall D 2-2 League Division Two
    05 Sep 1970 Charlton Athletic v Millwall L 1-3 League Division Two
    27 Mar 1971 Millwall v Charlton Athletic L 2-0 League Division Two
    30 Aug 1971 Millwall v Charlton Athletic L 2-1 League Division Two
    25 Apr 1972 Charlton Athletic v Millwall L 0-2 League Division Two
    27 Dec 1976 Millwall v Charlton Athletic D 1-1 League Division Two
    08 Apr 1977 Charlton Athletic v Millwall W 3-2 League Division Two
    24 Sep 1977 Millwall v Charlton Athletic D 1-1 League Division Two
    28 Feb 1978 Charlton Athletic v Millwall L 0-2 League Division Two
    28 Oct 1978 Millwall v Charlton Athletic W 0-2 League Division Two
    10 Mar 1979 Charlton Athletic v Millwall L 2-4 League Division Two
    06 Sep 1980 Millwall v Charlton Athletic L 2-0 League Division Three
    17 Mar 1981 Charlton Athletic v Millwall D 0-0 League Division Three
    29 Mar 1986 Millwall v Charlton Athletic D 2-2 League Division Two
    15 Apr 1986 Charlton Athletic v Millwall D 3-3 League Division Two
    10 Sep 1988 Charlton Athletic v Millwall L 0-3 League Division One
    22 Aug 1989 Millwall v Charlton Athletic D 2-2 League Division One
    09 Dec 1989 Charlton Athletic v Millwall D 1-1 League Division One
    22 Sep 1990 Charlton Athletic v Millwall D 0-0 League Division Two
    10 Apr 1991 Millwall v Charlton Athletic L 3-1 League Division Two
    26 Feb 1992 Millwall v Charlton Athletic L 1-0 League Division Two
    02 Sep 1992 Millwall v Charlton Athletic W 1-2 Anglo-Italian Cup
    18 Oct 1992 Charlton Athletic v Millwall L 0-2 League Division 1
    24 Apr 1993 Millwall v Charlton Athletic L 1-0 League Division 1
    11 Sep 1993 Charlton Athletic v Millwall D 0-0 League Division 1
    15 Mar 1994 Millwall v Charlton Athletic L 2-1 League Division 1
    01 Jan 1995 Charlton Athletic v Millwall D 1-1 League Division 1
    08 Apr 1995 Millwall v Charlton Athletic L 3-1 League Division 1
    05 Dec 1995 Millwall v Charlton Athletic W 0-2 League Division 1
    09 Mar 1996 Charlton Athletic v Millwall W 2-0 League Division 1
    19 Dec 2009 Charlton Athletic v Millwall D 4-4 League One
    16 Mar 2013 Charlton Athletic v Millwall L 0-2 League Championship
    21 Sep 2013 Charlton Athletic v Millwall L 0-1 League Championship
    22 Nov 2014 Charlton Athletic v Millwall D 0-0 League Championship

Won't be there Saturday. Hope we win!
  • I've just put this on the Match Preview but struggle to see how Millwall can claim they've remained unbeaten for 20-years... In 1996 we won 2-0 which gave US the unbeaten mantra for 17-years before they ended that with a 2-0 win?
  • Has "pond life" or "knuckle dragging" been mentioned yet?
  • Had a dream last night we were 2-0 winners.

Andre Gomes and Yakubu with the goals. You heard it here first.
  • Had a dream last night we were 2-0 winners.

Andre Gomes and Yakubu with the goals. You heard it here first.

Who?