Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall at home.

Comments

• Options
    It is all very quite regarding the security arrangements for the game. I hope that this is because the plan is a simple one - keep the away scum in for 30 mins after the game, but provide music for dancing etc.

What will not be acceptable is road closures just happening. I think they should also think about those who travel by coach. If the police made all trafic turn right at the Antigalleon, coaches could clear the area quickly and safely.

I am not a coach user, but being stuck in traffic leaves them sitting ducks. Never happened before I know. But we have never thrashed them before.
  • Options
    Bugger, it was going well until the last bit.
  • Options

Millwall won't be in the south.

They'll be in the Jimmy Seed Stand

Actually they will probably be in the west
  • Options
    Would be very good if we win (deservedly win) and would give everyone at the club a lift going forward.

I've got a funny feeling we might do it this time.

My funny feelings are rather un-reliable.

Just, if we do win. The post match presser maybe needed to ventilate the smug inevitably steaming off Karl gobshite.

• Options
    Expect line up as

Phillips
    Solly Tex Bauer Page
    Byrne Crofts Fred DaSilva
    Magennis Ajose

Holmes on bench
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Actually they will probably be in the west
    And East and North !
  • Options

I'm suspending my boycott for the next 2 games, take it from there. Still won't buy drinks or a program though. The law of averages says we've got to beat them one day, and I don't want to miss it when it does happen.

Same
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Expect line up as

Phillips
    Solly Tex Bauer Page
    Magennis Ajose

Holmes on bench

Don't see that

Phillips
    Solly Tex Bauer Chickson
    Byrne Crofts Aribo Konsa Da Silva
    Magennis

Subs
    Watt, Ajose, Forster Caskey, Page
  • Options
    sorry asked earlier does anyone know if the local pubs are open, i very rarely drink in charlton pre match usually go to blackheath, but thought might be better to go around charlton.
  • Options
    Thanks to all the lifers who offered spares. Got my two.

What can go wrong now?
  • Options

Thanks to all the lifers who offered spares. Got my two.

What can go wrong now?

Perlease...... still looking for one for me.

• Options

Expect line up as

Phillips
    Solly Tex Bauer Page
    Magennis Ajose

Holmes on bench

Don't see that

Phillips
    Solly Tex Bauer Chickson
    Byrne Crofts Aribo Konsa Da Silva
    Magennis

Subs
    Watt, Ajose, Forster Caskey, Page
    Is this best game to start a young player that has never even been out on loan before?

I know he is not in your squad but I would play Holmes there.
  • Options

sorry asked earlier does anyone know if the local pubs are open, i very rarely drink in charlton pre match usually go to blackheath, but thought might be better to go around charlton.

I think quite a few of the local places are closed. I am going to try Woolwich to mix it up, two very decent real ale places have opened up down there
  • Options
    It'll be the lowest attendance for this for 20 years.
  • Options

Expect line up as

Phillips
    Solly Tex Bauer Page
    Magennis Ajose

Holmes on bench

Be amazed if Ajose played after his non appearance at Southend and on the back of scoring 4 without him.
  • Options
    My boycott amounts to not buying a season ticket or anything in the ground, but I still go to most games to fulfill my Charlton fix. I suppose some people pay good money to be whipped and caned, so I am not unique in needing it from time to time, no matter how painful.

Without the season ticket, I can now make a match by match case for whether I go or not. There is always the ownership in the negative column. For Millwall my considerations are:

Why I shouldn't go:

The owner
    We never do well against them
    I don't enjoy the atmosphere in this derby - whilst I have friends who are Millwall fans, collectively they are a nasty lot

Why I should go:

I'm starting to like Robinson and his attacking outlook
    We are due a win against them (this now needs to be discounted as a reason due to weight of evidence)
    Charlton are and will always be my team
    It's been a while since our last game and I am starting to need that Charlton fix
    Watt may be playing and I'd love to see him and Josh tear Millwall a new one.

So discounting the 'we are due a win against them' - If I get a sense that Watt will be playing a part - that will clinch it for me. If not - I'll toss a coin!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This has probably been asked a thousand times elsewhere but how can I obtain a third ticket for Millwall this Saturday? I'm a red card holder with purchase history and going with my daughter (10 years old). I promised my Mum (70) I would take her to the Millwall game this year but I'm only allowed to buy two tickets.

Is there a way around it?

(I originally started a thread for this in 'members only' but no response).
  • Options
    Can't you buy tickets on the day? - I hope so as I'm not paying a charge if I can't buy tickets online like I would normally do. What is the difference by the way of selling a ticket online to a fan with a clear history of Charlton sales and selling them by phone?
  • Options
    25May98 said:

This has probably been asked a thousand times elsewhere but how can I obtain a third ticket for Millwall this Saturday? I'm a red card holder with purchase history and going with my daughter (10 years old). I promised my Mum (70) I would take her to the Millwall game this year but I'm only allowed to buy two tickets.

I went down the ground yesterday and got three tickets with my card as two were concessions.

• Options
    robroy said:

I think quite a few of the local places are closed. I am going to try Woolwich to mix it up, two very decent real ale places have opened up down there
    is this a fact? as I normally go down to the royal oak before the game.
  • Options
    oldbloke said:

25May98 said:

I went down the ground yesterday and got three tickets with my card as two were concessions.

Thanks for this information oldbloke. Just one question. Did you have to plead - argue the case etc... or is it just because they are concessions?

Thank you.
  • Options
    I said to the young kid in the club shop, I need three tickets as I have two boys under 18 coming with me.
    He said do you have a membership card. I gave card over
    Asked me to confirm my address
    Asked me to pay.
    Handed over tickets.

Guess as I've been a card holder for ages and bought tickets recently it was ok/ common sense prevailed or the fact I'm 18 stone and he didn't fancy saying no.
  • Options
    oldbloke said:

I said to the young kid in the club shop, I need three tickets as I have two boys under 18 coming with me.
    Asked me to pay.
    Handed over tickets.

Guess as I've been a card holder for ages and bought tickets recently it was ok/ common sense prevailed or the fact I'm 18 stone and he didn't fancy saying no.

Did he ask to look at your feet by any chance?
  • Options
    oldbloke said:

Asked me to pay.
    Handed over tickets.

Thanks oldbloke. I'll wear lots of layers to bulk up and try my luck.
    All the best.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Are we all still doing that "this game means more to you than us...its your cup final....no, it's your cup final....no its not, yes it is, no its no, no returns!!" thing? Blimey.

0-0.

This millwall David Brent guy clearly doesnt care about playing Charlton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E23Mkr14EmQ

Ironic that he calls us anoraks!!!