Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall at home.

Comments

• CAFCTrev said:

Has "pond life" or "knuckle dragging" been mentioned yet?

scum is easier to spell.
  • skybet have prices up;

chucked a few pennies on

charlton to come from behind and win 14/1

magennis 1st goalscorer and charlton to win 2-0 45/1

funny tony watt is our 3rd fave 1st gs at 6/1

What's the opposite of Millwall flu :-)

It's one thing versus Bury and Peterborough etc, but the thought of that lot lording it and our stadium being so empty just didn't sit well with me. Seems like others feel the same.

Once again though, the true impact of the demise that has escalated under Roland and Meire won't be reflective of the still emotionally involved fans that have been staying away / going less on principle but are returning for this game, it's the far greater numbers that have just washed their hands with it all and walked away.

It's going to take the next administration a long time to rebuild our club, but for this Saturday it's about forgetting all that and despite the horrendous weak bottle record in this derby of our team, standing up, singing loud and being proud to be red not blue

Charlton till I die

I'm just going for the beer.
  • Had a dream last night we were 2-0 winners.

Andre Gomes and Yakubu with the goals. You heard it here first.

Who?
    Plays for Barcelona. I think I've been playing too much Fifa.
  • edited January 2017
    Great that so many are letting hope triumph over expectation and turning up for this one.

Though I do wonder what our Dear Leader would make of football fans letting emotional attachment get the upper hand over known statistics and logic?

At least we can be sure he won't be there.
  • breaking the boycott for this one too
  • In recent times I still see in slow motion Tucadean failing to convert a golden chance to win the game a few years back!

That isn't slow motion it is Tucadean's normal running speed :wink:
  • Sticking by my guns and not going, would normally be right up for this , but just can't be bothered with it anymore.

I'm really tempted but I, too, will be sticking to my guns and staying away. How maddening will it be if this is the one we win (and pigs might fly).
    In the unlikely event we win on Saturday,it won't be 'maddening' for those of us at the game, it will be jubilant.
    You will miss it, of course, but have the satisfaction of sticking to your principles and depriving multi-millionaire Duchâtelet of £25.
  • edited January 2017
    Family involvement with this Millwall fixture:

Under Jimmy Seed...
    1934/1935 Millwall 1 - 3 Charlton Athletic
    1934/1935 Charlton Athletic 3 - 1 Millwall

100% record.

Pretty sure this'll be maintained on Saturday, despite the break in continuity. Ignore the last twenty odd years!

Seriously looking forward to the match. It'll be very interesting to see the team selection.

What could possibly go wrong?
  • Shag said:

breaking the boycott for this one too

Your boycott has lasted 5 years!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Brunello said:

Shag said:

breaking the boycott for this one too

Your boycott has lasted 5 years!!
    haha small mine mate ....
  • Had a dream last night we were 2-0 winners.

Andre Gomes and Yakubu with the goals. You heard it here first.

Who?
    Barca midfielder, was quality in the Euro's
  • I am going to buck the trend here, I am staying firm and boycotting, gutted to miss it but my hatred for the regime outweighs my feelings for the game.

#notapennymore

Nice to see one man standing against the tide as the boycott crumbles.
    Respect.
  • edited January 2017

I am going to buck the trend here, I am staying firm and boycotting, gutted to miss it but my hatred for the regime outweighs my feelings for the game.

#notapennymore

Same here. Odds for a charlton win shooting up as a result...
  • Any know if the Anchor & Hope's gonna be open?
  • oldbloke said:

I am going to buck the trend here, I am staying firm and boycotting, gutted to miss it but my hatred for the regime outweighs my feelings for the game.

#notapennymore

Nice to see one man standing against the tide as the boycott crumbles.
    Respect.
    Not just one man though is it...I won't be going, and neither will many of the 4k ex-season ticket holders from last year I suspect.
  • MrLargo said:

Any know if the Anchor & Hope's gonna be open?

i'll pop in and ask this afternoon.
  • MrLargo said:

while your out could you pop down to the royal oak and find out if that's open this saturday. ta.
  • Will tickets be avaible on the day?
  • Sponsored links:

• Good to see so many of you breaking the boycott for this one. But it is your cup final so it was to be expected I suppose :wink:

Where we are going to park all those bandwagons is going to be the big problem. How do Millwall cope ?
  • MrLargo said:

while your out could you pop down to the royal oak and find out if that's open this saturday. ta.
    The Oak and the Anchor are open before the game but the Anchor has been asked to close for an hour in the second half to let the fans disperse.
  • Thanks very much @Baldybonce
  • Crusty54 said:

I don't see why you can't buy online with a membership number though? It's no different from doing it over the phone..

Exactly this. I have just asked that very question over the phone and was fobbed off with the usual "that's the way it's always been done" or "come directly to ticket office" ...

When I told them I live in East Grinstead so not practical and shouldn't an average third tier club playing in front of a 1/3 full stadium make buying tickets easier I was just ignored.

I'll see if I get the courtesy of a reply to an email.

if you were allowed to buy on line you could be buying for some Millwall supporters.
    What and you can't if you're buying over the phone? You need a membership number either way... I don't see the difference except for an excuse to mug us all off for £2.50.
    think this explains why

Season ticket holders are eligible to buy up to four tickets for the game and supporters on the ticket office’s database can buy up to two seats, though they must have tickets for at least two home matches - excluding games against Millwall - registered to their account since August 2009.
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-football-club-3515599.aspx#83RDtHlCVwDufCV7.99

• Crusty54 said:

Crusty54 said:

I don't see why you can't buy online with a membership number though? It's no different from doing it over the phone..

Exactly this. I have just asked that very question over the phone and was fobbed off with the usual "that's the way it's always been done" or "come directly to ticket office" ...

When I told them I live in East Grinstead so not practical and shouldn't an average third tier club playing in front of a 1/3 full stadium make buying tickets easier I was just ignored.

I'll see if I get the courtesy of a reply to an email.

if you were allowed to buy on line you could be buying for some Millwall supporters.
    What and you can't if you're buying over the phone? You need a membership number either way... I don't see the difference except for an excuse to mug us all off for £2.50.
    think this explains why

Season ticket holders are eligible to buy up to four tickets for the game and supporters on the ticket office’s database can buy up to two seats, though they must have tickets for at least two home matches - excluding games against Millwall - registered to their account since August 2009.
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-football-club-3515599.aspx#83RDtHlCVwDufCV7.99

Nope doesn't explain it at all. A membership number and purchasing history can just as easily be checked by the online form. It's already on the system. When I log in I can see all the games I have brought tickets for using that membership number for a number of years. It's already on the system.

There is no reason why this couldn't be done online. They are simply mugging us off for the booking fee.

Just because that's the way it's always been done/other clubs do it, does not make it right.
  • Good to see so many of you breaking the boycott for this one. But it is your cup final so it was to be expected I suppose :wink:

Its the hope that kills us MF