Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Konsa

No idea what his best position is - thought he was a CB but we've now seen him at RB and in midfield.

Seemed lost at the start yesterday but grew into the game and made some outstanding tackles and surging runs. What direction should his game take?

He possibly lacks a bit of pace but to me looks he could develop into an excellent defensive midfielder given his strength and being comfortable on the ball. Interesting to watch him develop...

Comments

• Options
    I think he's my new favourite (can a 31 year old man have a favourite player ?) but I worry that whilst he's getting lots of game time at the moment his versatility is costing him the chance of nailing a specific position down and really gaining experience there.
  • Options
    To me centre back is where he looks at his most classy.
  • Options
    Still only 18...
  • Options
    I thought he has a bit of learning to do in midfield, but looked very promising there. I thought the Rovers midfiled was terrible though!
  • Options
    Looked all at sea in the first half. Didn't seem to know whether to stick or twist. Tackled his own team mates, didn't know when to pass, etc.

I think at half time, Robbo just told him to keep it simple. Win the ball, run with the ball. Be more aggressive. Then he looked useful.

I still think his best position will be centre back. But his pace makes him a decent back up at right back...
  • Options
    from the start of the season I was advocating he be tried in midfield .. I wasn't at the Brovers game, be interesting to see if he's selected there against Millwall and/or Scunthorpe ... why take a punt on buying a midfielder when we already have a potential replacement for Jordan Cousins on the books ?
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    seth plum said:

To me centre back is where he looks at his most classy.

Speaking to one scout, Konsa is being looked at as a centre back (apparently there is an accute shortage of good young CBs at the moment). My chum thought that Konsa has a habit of coming into the back of forwards with his hands up and is liable to concede free kicks but reckoned that can be coached out of him.

I really don't see Konsa as a full back (and neither does that particular scout) but yesterday he demonstrated sufficient game awareness to change his style during the match. He started as a fairly static blocker but transformed into a fluid ball carrier. That natural football intelligence is the thing that struck me most of all. But, both he and Aribo need to get to grips with the physical side. They need to learn how to get stuck in because for the first half hour they were timid (probably to be expected).
  • Options
    At the moment he is far more useful to us as a midfielder.
  • Options
    Thought he looked really sorted in midfield yesterday.

Some of his forward runs with the ball at his feet reminded me of Claus.
  • Options
    I had assumed that Konsa would play as a defensive midfielder yesterday, shielding the back 4 the way Dier played for Spurs last season, but if anything Crofts was the deepest of the midfielders, with Konsa roaming around in a Bradley Pritchard sort of way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

No idea what his best position is - thought he was a CB but we've now seen him at RB and in midfield.

Seemed lost at the start yesterday but grew into the game and made some outstanding tackles and surging runs. What direction should his game take?

He possibly lacks a bit of pace but to me looks he could develop into an excellent defensive midfielder given his strength and being comfortable on the ball. Interesting to watch him develop...

he certainly does not lack pace, probably the fastest runner on the pitch
  • Options
    He certainly has bags of potential maybe he will be able to play quite a few different positions. Some players are happy to do this.
    Steve Brown anyone
  • Options
    Gomez had a similar problem at first, being good in several different roles meant he had to fill in different places without making one his own. But once he did get an extended run in one position then he looked the real deal instead of merely potentially so. Hopefully Konsa will get the same chance.
  • Options

from the start of the season I was advocating he be tried in midfield .. I wasn't at the Brovers game, be interesting to see if he's selected there against Millwall and/or Scunthorpe ... why take a punt on buying a midfielder when we already have a potential replacement for Jordan Cousins on the books ?

Because he may not still be here in Feb and that won't be in Robinson's hands.
  • Options
    He looks a bit better than Cousins on his first touch but much less experienced.

He's not quite as strong but his positioning around the ball as he moves it on is much more natural than Cousins who was a cast iron engine whereas Konsa has potential to be a carbon fibre equivalent.
  • Options

He looks a bit better than Cousins on his first touch but much less experienced.

He's not quite as strong but his positioning around the ball as he moves it on is much more natural than Cousins who was a cast iron engine whereas Konsa has potential to be a carbon fibre equivalent.

great analogies ((:>)
  • Options
    Kompany started out as a CB / DM

Let's hope he can emulate him. Without the injuries
  • Options

great analogies ((:>)
    Always knew my degree in materials science would be useful one day :-p