Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Re funds to be made available to Robinson?

edited January 2017 in General Charlton
I thought that this subject was worthy of its own thread.
Tucked away at the bottom of Henry's post( and possibly missed by many of you), on the Brizzle Post Match thread was the suggestion that the paltry sum of 5% of the Lookman fee was to be given to KR for the transfer kitty. As we don't know what the fee was in the first place, we don't have any idea of the sum being earmarked......but it can't be much can it. Even if it was the highly improbable £10,000,000 being banded around.....that's still only £500,000.....chicken feed!
KR recently went to Belgium for a meeting with Goldfinger & Pussy Galore....surely he wouldn't have accepted such a pittance, particularly as he and the "cloob" have since announced that several significant signings are being targeted......where from, The Red Lion Sunday afternoon reserves squad?

PS.....posted with all due respect to The Red Lion Sunday afternoon reserve squad, fans and management team.

Comments

• When you say "he wouldn't have accepted such a pittance" what realistically can he do , he's got a family to feed so he's gonna play to Rolys tune sadly
  • When you say "he wouldn't have accepted such a pittance" what realistically can he do , he's got a family to feed so he's gonna play to Rolys tune sadly

Maybe morts.....maybe.
  • vffvff
    edited January 2017
    It would not be suprising if Robinson was only given a paltry sum back. The look on his face after the meeting in Belgium told the story.

It would be good to know where the 5% figure information came from. If the figure is true, it leads to the question of where the rest of the money is going ?

Reducing the level of club debt to Staprix, investment into the Academy, 'development' of the Valley scheme or straight into Duchatelet's back pocket ?

This transfer window will confirm the picture.
  • It's nonsense.

Roland has already told KR that he will personally only take enough capital from the sale to purchase some suede Chelsea boots(Autumn brown), a copy of 'The rise and fall' by Gerald Ratner and ministry of sound presents Underground Techno double CD.

Robinson can have the rest.

Pmmf! ;-)
  • vff said:

It would not be suprising if Robinson was only given a paltry sum back. The look on his face after the meeting in Belgium told the story.

It would be good to know where the 5% figure information came from. If the figure is true, it leads to the question of where the rest of the money is going ?

Reducing the level of club debt to Staprix, investment into the Academy, 'development' of the Valley scheme or straight into Duchatelet's back pocket ?

This transfer window will be instructive.

Great post vff!
  • The squad will always have a few gaps under RD, it's how he ensures youngsters get their chance (whether they're ready or not). Can't see him getting two CMs now Aribo and Konsa are "proven" to RD.
  • vff said:

Duchatelet expects his managers to work on the budgets he sets for them. In giving a severely restricted budget, Duchatelet maintains tight control. The manager is then only able to accept the bargain basement punts ./ suggestions of the Regime scouts. It also leads to the youngsters thrown in (who will sink or swim & may be ready or not). Duchatelet can then pretend the manager has some say / control of the players brought into the club.

The result so far is gaps & lack of balance in the squad & the manager is under immediate pressure. The provision of a UK manager & more UK players doesn't alter the flawed assumptions at the heart of Duchatelet's strategy.

I think you are right, although he has probably also given him a bit of hope by saying you can have 5% + money from any other sales + use any money you save from wages. Then if someone like Fox moves on and we cannot get a decent replacement he can say it was the managers decision etc.

With the arrival of Aribo and the return of Holmes he would do better to just keep Lookman!!
  • If Carruthers and Reeves are genuine Championship quality then with 6 months left on their contracts, being known to the manager and from a relatively small club who will not be big payers you would have to think both would be sound long term investments for the squad rather than money eating short term loans which give no return whatsoever and are often quite expensive.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2017
    So Henry drops one of his "and finally" lines into a totally unrelated post and suddenly it's gospel and everyone panicking about our January spend.

I would have thought you lot would have realised by now how much a little tinker our Henry is with such snippets.

WIOTOS
  • edited January 2017

I thought that this subject was worthy of its own thread.
    Tucked away at the bottom of Henry's post( and possibly missed by many of you), on the Brizzle Post Match thread was the suggestion that the paltry sum of 5% of the Lookman fee was to be given to KR for the transfer kitty. As we don't know what the fee was in the first place, we don't have any idea of the sum being earmarked......but it can't be much can it. Even if it was the highly improbable £10,000,000 being banded around.....that's still only £500,000.....chicken feed!
    KR recently went to Belgium for a meeting with Goldfinger & Pussy Galore....surely he wouldn't have accepted such a pittance, particularly as he and the "cloob" have since announced that several significant signings are being targeted......where from, The Red Lion Sunday afternoon reserves squad?

PS.....posted with all due respect to The Red Lion Sunday afternoon reserve squad, fans and management team.

• cabbles said:

Again we come back to what RD's end game is. Now I very much see it as minimising his losses. To get to the promised land of the Premiership will involve him spending more money than he's willing to put in.

If he's covering a loss of £1m a month, it will be very hard to envisage pumping extra money in to get us into the Prem in 2018/19 at the earliest. And considering how much money Brighton have had to spend so far and they may just get there this year, it's a bloody long and expensive road.

We also know he's frugal. In addition I think he's the sort of boss that believes in giving you a budget and you make that work. In his head he probably thinks I gave them network players, I let them sign Holmes and Magennis, that's enough, why are they coming to me for more.

There's also been an element of him not correctly dealing with why there has been so much wastage (KM's ineptness). Then there's this perverse social club fantasy he has.

In short, I think any money we get now for player sales will cover losses. He will sell up, the only question is when he realises he has to write off a huge chunk of what he's invested. Pig headedness and pride is in the way at the moment

As I understand it, and I may need to refresh my memory, whereas in the Championship RD could simply increase his loans, at this level he can only inject money in exchange for equity. If we don't get promoted this year I can't see him hanging around, but anyway if my memory serves me well there it was always likely Lookman would go in January when we could in theory get peak value for him.
  • Addickted said:

So Henry drops one of his "and finally" lines into a totally unrelated post and suddenly it's gospel and everyone panicking about our January spend.

I would have thought you lot would have realised by now how much a little tinker our Henry is with such snippets.

WIOTOS

That thought had of course crossed my mind Nick......but the possibility of it being true or not is really quite critical wouldn't you say.
    As Henry hasn't been on line today (as far as I know), he hasn't been able to elaborate.

• As you were....I see he is now!
  • Addickted said:

WIOTOS

The thanks I get for giving you a free ticket
  • Addickted said:

WIOTOS

You owe me a favour.....where's mine?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2017
    vff said:

This transfer window will confirm the picture.

Duchatelet can only take the money into his own back pocket if he pays himself either a salary or a dividend. If he does either of those, he's reduced the value of the club by how much Lookman is worth so made it less attractive to a possible buyer. His long term plan could be to make the club worthless, paying himself all the money from players sales, wind it up, and sell The Valley as development land or develop it himself and sell the houses/flats. If he does that, all the money he's lent the club goes down the drain so he might not do much more than break even.

Assuming he's not a complete numpty, he's got to be looking to make money from Charlton or to at least get his money back. The only way to make money is to get us on to the gravy train that is the Premiership, he's not going to do that by continually stripping value from the club and reducing the quality of the team. As he keeps on reducing the quality of the team, his only options are to either develop The Valley (see above) or sell the club to get his money back so I think we can assume most of Lookman's fee will go on subsidising the running costs and, if any is left over, reducing the debt owed to Staprix.
  • Addickted said:

WIOTOS

"Henry bribes people to shut up" shock horror!!!
  • edited January 2017
    seth plum said:

The Robinson mood music since returning from Belgium seems to me very different than before he left. It feels a lot like equivocation, and very particularly he is expected to justify the departure of Lookman after Katrien Meire assured us he would stay, with the 'can't stand in the lads way/he is a target for thugs' rhetoric.
    Robinson has revived the youngsters being promoted angle. Aribo is a good player but Robinson is heaping pressure on him and Konsa at the moment.
    We don't know what will unfold this window, but I certainly get the feeling we are entering the 'you are the coach, these are the players, make it work Karl, Driesen will help you unless you are too stupid to listen to him' territory.
    Robinson said on more than one occasion he needs two in midfield, a number 10, a singer and a striker, this using addition to knowing what we already have here, and the injury list. Just recently he has also intimated player departures too.
    It feels like we are in a place we have been before, a heavenly place for agents to unload dross.

What's Robbie Williams doing these days ?

• Addickted said:

WIOTOS

Didn't work though :wink:

• Someone on Twitter yesterday was saying they'd heard this from somone who works at the club.

Quite how this would be general news around the club's staff is beyond me....therefore I call shenanigans
  • Addickted said:

WIOTOS

Typical of you - giving away something you got for nothing. Generous to a fault.

So come on - expand on your 5% remark. Is it 5% of the Lookman money plus 100% of the Konsa, Ba, Tex and Fox money?

@SoundAsa£ in apoplexy about it.
  • Addickted said:

Addickted said:

WIOTOS

Didn't work though :wink:

Nothing could shut you up

Karl Robinson complains about how gobby you are.
  • I prefer the term passionate to gobby.

But then I'm more sophisticated than you.
  • Addickted said:

I prefer the term passionate to gobby.

But then I'm more sophisticated than you.

Go away and drink a kir