Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Big Josh

Hard not to admire him given his exemplary attitude and his non stop effort. Delighted to see him get a hatrick today.
If only all our players worked as hard as he does. Expected very little from him when he signed but am glad to be proved wrong.

Comments

• Options
    Is this where I dig up where I'd called him POTY and Kermo with pace before August was out? :)
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Great finishes today
  • Options
    Poty on current form for me.
  • Options
    Watt, could well do with watching him....
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I bet Konsa is the most pleased person that he managed to get that hat-trick goal !

He looked offside on the screen replay. He didn't hold back in running over to konsa to tell him where the ball should have gone
  • Options
    He was awesome today - twice hit the woodwork and a Hat trick

Their defended knew they had been In a match today
  • Options
    Never stops - always running into good positions, closing the oppo down . . . Proper Charlton!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Leuth said:

Is this where I dig up where I'd called him POTY and Kermo with pace before August was out? :)

A touch of Yann about him. And by that I mean a relatively large amount of our fans were writing him off before he even kicked a ball for us.
    No change there then...They love a whinge and moan...
  • Options

se9addick said:

I bet Konsa is the most pleased person that he managed to get that hat-trick goal !

I actually thought that rant at Konsa was out of order. He is a young kid learning his trade and you have to accept that he will occasionally take the wrong option.
    Plus if Josh, as a striker, was in the position Konsa was there's no way he's passing !
  • Options

se9addick said:

He looked offside on the screen replay. He didn't hold back in running over to konsa to tell him where the ball should have gone
    Ah, I didn't see that Josh was offside
  • Options

se9addick said:

I actually thought that rant at Konsa was out of order. He is a young kid learning his trade and you have to accept that he will occasionally take the wrong option.
    They'll be ok. I've all but punched teammates when I used to play rugby but as you leave the pitch it's irrelevant.
  • Options
    Think he's great.
  • Options
    And he did the tunnel jump!
  • Options
    Was superb today, great example of centre forward play.
  • Options
    Wonder who scouted / recommended him....do we know? Someone already on Slade's radar? God forbid, had a good game on FM16 for Driessen?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Wonder who scouted / recommended him....do we know? Someone already on Slade's radar? God forbid, had a good game on FM16 for Driessen?

I'd guess that his performances for Northern Ireland in the run up to the Euros, and the Euros themselves would have been fairly good markers, though probably not of hat tricks...
  • Options
    God only knows we need a player the fans can really rally around as Jackson has to step back from the field... seems we just might have got one.
  • Options

We do have a head of recruitment as well, one of his recommendations?
  • Options

We do have a head of recruitment as well, one of his recommendations?
    Reckon the derisory bid (think 30K) from Oldham the week before he was signed probably helped Charlton decide to come in for him.

Always said he would be good at League one level.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

se9addick said:

He needed telling that it was a really bad decision to shoot, I think it's way more important for his development than a 'well done' and a pat on the back. That said, Konsa had a very good game today and I'm sure the rant will be more than balanced out with praise. Either way, I'm sure Konsa won't lose any sleep over it.
  • Options

se9addick said:

He needed telling that it was a really bad decision to shoot, I think it's way more important for his development than a 'well done' and a pat on the back. That said, Konsa had a very good game today and I'm sure the rant will be more than balanced out with praise. Either way, I'm sure Konsa won't lose any sleep over it.
    Was that the shooting chance from Konsa that deflected JUST over? - If so I thought he had every right to attempt it as he'd created the really good opportunity for himself
  • Options
    As I said, if Magennis was in that position there's no chance he would be passing to anyone.
  • Options

se9addick said:

I'm sure Konsa has heard much worse after playing with Roger Johnson...
  • Options
    edited January 2017

se9addick said:

Bollocks was it a bad decision to shoot. It's always an instant, heat of the moment decision to make and the first rule of thumb should always be if you have the ball and you can see the goal have a go. It's far better to have a go yourself if you have half a chance than pass it to somebody else and increase the odds on a defender getting it and no shot at goal happening at all
  • Options
    If you need to explain class to somebody - just show them our third goal. Perfect touchand finish worthy of the top league.