Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Players Marks: Charlton v Bristol Rovers

Happy New Year, marks 0.5 to 10:

Phillips:
Solly:
Fox:
Bauer:
Teixeira:
Crofts:
Konsa:
Aribo:
Botaka:
Magennis:
Chicksen:

Ulvestad n/a
Ajose n/a
Foley n/a

Comments

• What a second half.

Phillips: 8
    Solly: 6
    Fox: 6
    Bauer: 5
    Teixeira: 7
    Crofts:6
    Konsa: 6.5
    Aribo: 8
    Botaka: 6.5
    Magennis: 9
    Chicksen: 6

Ulvestad n/a
    Ajose n/a
    Foley n/a

• edited January 2017
    Phillips: 7
    Solly: 6
    Fox: 6.5
    Bauer: 5
    Teixeira: 7.5
    Crofts: 7
    Konsa: 8
    Botaka: 7
    Magennis: 9.5
    Chicksen: 6.5

Ulvestad n/a
    Ajose n/a
    Foley n/a
  • @Leuth Sorry mate didnt understand it.....he sounded good today so I missed the sarcasm
  • Leuth said:

A spot of humour. He barely did anything wrong all day (except once when he ran it out for a throw instead of crossing it). I know he did barely anything wrong because I kept hearing 'Fox you lucky boy' from the idiots behind me

Plus a poorly timed tackle to get booked...
  • We love a violent booking really. Admit it
  • Sponsored links:

• Happy New Year, marks 0.5 to 10:

Phillips: 6.5 not much to do, sold himself for the goal though
    Solly: 6.5 good defending, shit passing in the first half
    Fox: 6 not great, but not as bad as some nonce behind me decided he was
    Bauer: 6 mark off for the god awful slipping incident, should never have tried to turn on the ball in the first place
    Teixeira: 7.5 well taken goal and commanding at times
    Crofts: 7 one of his best performances for us
    Konsa: 8 looked a cut above in midfield
    Aribo: 9 outstanding
    Botaka: 7.5 terrible first 25 minutes, really grew into the game
    Magennis: 10 Super Josh Magennis
    Chicksen: 8 winner winner Chicksen dinner

Ulvestad n/a
    Ajose n/a
    Foley n/a

• Phillips 7 Very solid.
    Solly 7.5 Defended very well.
    Fox 7.5 As Solly.
    Tex 8 Positionally sound and he can sniff a chance out.
    Bauer 8 One mistake and then total class. First to almost everything.
    Botaka 6.5 Struggled early on but improved and did a good job.
    Aribo 7 Mainly for the dead balls. Didn't move for the first 30mins....looked a bit nonplussed. Probably nerves.
    Konsa 8 Took him a while but started to make runs on about 30 mins. Drove us forward in the 2nd half.
    Crofts 7.5 Put in a lot of work. Good ball for Josh's 3rd.
    Chicksen 6 Worked pretty hard 2nd half
    Magennis 9 Helps when the oppo don't bother to mark you but finished well. Great 2nd half.
  • Phillips: 7.5
    Solly: 7
    Fox: 7
    Bauer: 5.5
    Teixeira: 8
    Crofts: 6.5
    Aribo: 7
    Botaka: 7.5
    Chicksen: 7

Ulvestad n/a
    Ajose n/a
    Foley n/a

• Phillips: 8 ... Couldnt do anything about the goal, did well to come out quickly for the first Easter one-on-one
    Solly: 8 ... Classic Solly, hopefully his performance says that Swindon was because of injury
    Fox: 8 ... Booked for a late tackle yet worked well with Chicksen... Amazing what can be done with protection
    Bauer: 7 ... Him and Tex got ran ragged at first by Easter - Silly rare mistake for their goal, sort of thing happens once in a blue moon
    Teixeira: 8 ... Same as Bauer (let Easter waltz past him prior to the goal) yet gets a mark for his goal
    Crofts: 8 ... Doesnt know a lost cause; excellent interception to give away a corner just after 2-1 as a Rovers player was waiting with a tap in
    Konsa: 8 ... Won two of the free-kicks that made it 2-1 / 3-1
    Aribo: 9 ... Looked shaky to begin with (hence missing out on the 10 and MOTM) but three assists, cant do much more
    Botaka: 8 ... Another player who was slow to begin with but lethal on the counter attack
    Magennis: 10 ... Hat-Trick with all three goals brilliantly taken, another player who didnt know what a lost cause was
    Chicksen: 8 ... Worked really well with Fox
  • Phillips: 8 ... Couldnt do anything about the goal, did well to come out quickly for the first Easter one-on-one
    Solly: 8 ... Classic Solly, hopefully his performance says that Swindon was because of injury
    Fox: 8 ... Booked for a late tackle yet worked well with Chicksen... Amazing what can be done with protection
    Bauer: 7 ... Him and Tex got ran ragged at first by Easter - Silly rare mistake for their goal, sort of thing happens once in a blue moon
    Teixeira: 8 ... Same as Bauer (let Easter waltz past him prior to the goal) yet gets a mark for his goal
    Crofts: 8 ... Doesnt know a lost cause; excellent interception to give away a corner just after 2-1 as a Rovers player was waiting with a tap in
    Aribo: 9 ... Looked shaky to begin with (hence missing out on the 10 and MOTM) but three assists, cant do much more
    Botaka: 8 ... Another player who was slow to begin with but lethal on the counter attack
    Magennis: 10 ... Hat-Trick with all three goals brilliantly taken, another player who didnt know what a lost cause was

Wow, big shout with the 10/10 !
  • Phillips: 7
    Solly: 6.5
    Bauer: 7
    Crofts:6
    Konsa: 7
    Aribo: 8.5
    Botaka: 6
    Chicksen: 6
  • se9addick said:

Phillips: 8 ... Couldnt do anything about the goal, did well to come out quickly for the first Easter one-on-one

For me Magennis is a Striker, its his job to score goals and today he got three of them... to top it off he was closing down their Defenders, making them uncomfortable and giving them no space - Didnt know what more he could have done today.
  • se9addick said:

Phillips: 8 ... Couldnt do anything about the goal, did well to come out quickly for the first Easter one-on-one

For me Magennis is a Striker, its his job to score goals and today he got three of them... to top it off he was closing down their Defenders, making them uncomfortable and giving them no space - Didnt know what more he could have done today.
    He was awesome.
  • edited January 2017
    Phillips: 6.5. Average game; conceded a goal; but then made a decent save and tidied a few things up nicely, so just above average for me (6), but not quite good (7).
    Solly: 6.5. See Phillips basically. Solid, but not... "good", as they weren't really much opposition.
    Fox: 6.5. Average-to-poor first half, much better second half. Didn't do a load wrong.
    Bauer: 6. Standard, decent performance; not much wrong other than the slip.
    Teixeira: 7. Scored (so +1), but made several incriminating passes, and then made up for them with a few good bits of defensive work. Averages out to a decent performance all told
    Crofts: 6. Couldn't always find the pass - but to his eternal credit, he never hides.
    Konsa: 6.5. Average-to-good, and worked very hard. Looked knackered after about 55 minutes though.
    Aribo: 8. Three assists, good touches, but missing a lot of the time - but three really really good assists to get! (They're worth 0.5pts each to me)
    Botaka: 6 - looked like Bambi, then got hyped after he was tripped over, then looked fairly average again. Average.
    Magennis: 10. Three goals and didn't do anything wrong. MOTM by a mile.
    Chicksen: 6.5, just about - didn't do much wrong; did some good stuff.

Ulvestad n/a
    Ajose n/a
    Foley n/a

--------

My marks do look a little stingy on the surface ("we won 4-1, you Scrooge!"), but... Gas were pretty gash tbh

EDIT: for the wrong CB slipping.
  • Sponsored links:

Solly: 7.5
    Bauer: 6.5
    Teixeira: 6.5
    Crofts:8.5
    Konsa: 7.5
    Chicksen: 5

Fox: 6.5
    Crofts: 7
    Aribo: 9
  • edited January 2017
    Phillips: 7.5 I missed the goal (having a wee, having drunk too much before the game) but I understand he couldn't have done much about it; dealt competently with what little he had to do
    Solly: 7.5 a little off the pace but great to see him back. Will he be the latter day Peter Reeves, never the same after coming back from injury? (c) RedLaneRed
    Fox: 7 generally OK
    Bauer: 6 I hear he screwed up royally for the goal, otherwise OK
    Crofts: 7 too many negative impacts on our forward play but kept making himself available and did try
    Konsa: 8 I wasn't convinced at first but he got better as the game went on
    Aribo: 8 always trying to drive us on, even when he got it wrong. Two sweet deliveries.
    Botaka: 8 kept the ball a bit too long a couple of times
    Magennis: can I give him 11? Can I? Can I? OK, 10
    Chicksen: 7 still not convinced that's his best position but he put in a shift.
    Solly: 7
    Bauer: 6
    Crofts:7
  • edited January 2017
    Phillips: 7 in the right place to stop 2 or 3 headers straight at him.
    Solly: 7 Solid comeback for the Captain.
    Fox: 7 Solid and worked well with Chicksen.
    Bauer: 7 gifted Brizzle with Easters goal.
    Teixeira: 7 nice finish for third but what in Hades were the Brizzle defence doing giving Aribo the freedom to waltz into the box!
    Crofts: 7 quality pass for Mags 3rd and also had a hand in the lead up to third goal.
    Konsa: 7 Ran his nuts off in the middle.
    Aribo: 9. 3 is the magic number for assists.
    Botaka: 7 Some nifty footwork and cynically fouled in 1st half by Brown.
    Magennis: 10 Big Josh "boom batty bye bye" Magennis was unplayable and the trap and finish for the third goal was heavenly.
    Chicksen: 7 worked well down the left.
    Solly: 8
    Bauer: 6
    Crofts:6.5
    Konsa: 6
    Aribo: 7.5
  • Phillips: 7.5
    Fox: 7.5
    Bauer: 6.5
    Teixeira: 7.5
    Crofts: 5.5
    Chicksen: 7.5

Ulvestad n/a
    Ajose n/a
    Foley n/a
  • All players would've been higher if it wasn't for the diabolical opening 30 minutes - worst I've seen us play all season.

Phillips: 6.5 - didn't have much to do but solid
    Solly: 6.5 - clearly a bit rusty on his return but solid
    Fox: 7 - showed great commitment and some nice passing in the second half
    Bauer: 6.5 - awful mistake for the goal and was shaky throughout the first half, got i back together in the second.
    Teixeira: 7 - some good passes and defensive moments, solid
    Crofts: 7.5 - best I can remember him for us - some great passing and an absolutely vital interception near the start of the second half in our penalty area
    Konsa: 7 - looked to pass the ball about - assured
    Aribo: 7.5 - showed he has a lot of potential, fantastic ball for the first goal. thought generally his set pieces weren't that great with his other two assists themselves being assisted by shocking defending, but still made them count.
    Botaka: 7 - made a lot of mistakes in the first half but also posed a threat throughout the game. really put himself about too, good showing
    Magennis: 9.5 - would've been a ten without the first half hour, in which he made a few mistakes as well. perfect performance otherwise - already easily signing of the season
    Chicksen: 7.5 - really like him, very efficient player in defence and attack
  • Phillips: 7 Another excellent display
    Solly: 6.5 Not bad for first game back
    Fox: 7.5 Best I've seen him play
    Bauer: 6.5 Docked half a point for the slip which cost us a goal. Otherwise, good performance.
    Teixeira: 7 mostly solid, with the odd "mad" moment!
    Crofts: 8 Worked really hard and performed well.
    Konsa: 7 Good game considering his age
    Aribo: 7 Not quite up to his performance at Southend, but still good.
    Botaka: 7 Works hard and troubles defenders - usually!
    Magennis: 9 A classic striker's performance today
    Chicksen: 7 A decent game

Ulvestad n/a
    Ajose n/a
    Foley n/a

Fox: 7.5
    Crofts:7