Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Watt returns (a wishful thinking thread)

Comments

• Options
    ChiAddick said:

Maybe a different attitude this time around? Didn't he reportedly fall out with Hendo? Hendo isn't here anymore. Not sure If there were frictions between Watt and Jackson. But as Jackson is the captain he can surely see what a fit and interested Watt could bring to the team.

Hendo went out with him to Due Amici in Chislehurst with Makienok and others for a goodbye meal before he left for Cardiff, they got on fine.
  • Options

Who in there right mind would want to come back he got absolutely ripped a new one on twitter when he left for hearts.

Shredded on Twitter, I'll be he's bricking it then
  • Options

I'm not holding my breath but Tony could turn our season around. On his game he's a bums off seat player.

Just seems so unlikely that it's going to happen.

Typical negativity. Moan, moan, moan, this site is nothing it moaning.

: - )
  • Options
    This again. If Robinson decides he can turn him round with his cheeky chappy charm then it'll be about two good performances before Tony starts holding onto the ball too long, dropping too deep in a petulant attempt to get on the ball and falls out with, I dunno, let's say Adam Chicksen and gets blacklisted again. Alternatively he'll just sit in Greenwich for a few days until some other madhouse club decides this time Tony Watt can be salvaged and brings him in on loan for half a season before jettisoning him again. I'm not getting my hopes up at all for him this time
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Hearts fans on Watt http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/165959-tony-watt/

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/367852/tony-watt-has-left-hearts-and-returned-to-parent-club-charlton/

Interesting twist. According to this rag KR wanted to sign him in the summer.

Also points out that he's out of contract in the summer.

Club said 3.5 year deal in January 2018. Could also be 2.5 years with an optional year I guess.
    Reading that Jambos site is tragic. They say exactly what we have said over the last couple of seasons. Tony Watt it would seem really has wasted a rare talent.

No excuses really. If he's out of contract in the summer I can easily see Tony dropping out of football. He's had too many "last" chances. Might get a pay as you play contract somewhere but unless he has a miraculous rehabilitation under Robinson I think he's done as a serious footballer.

• Options
    Probably go to China on £250k a week
  • Options
    I imagine there was a clause in the loan to say either side could terminate at a certain point (which seems to be December 31) and with him unable to make a success of the Hearts move they've returned him so they don't have to pay his wages.

I cannot imagine for a minute he's a reformed character - how many chances does he need - so it all comes down to whether Robinson can get the best out of him. Most managers like to think they have the golden touch with this type of individual, so let's hope he's right.

It's also not inconceivable that he goes straight back out on loan as he's likely to be on Championship wages. Only question will be if there's anyone left who wants to take that gamble.
  • Options
    As it was a regular loan (as opposed to the now abolished "emergency" loan), I believe he is now only allowed to play 1st team football for one other club this season.

Will soon be obvious if Karl wants/is allowed him or not.
  • Options
    Nowhere near as good as people are hyping him up to be, homesick, which is why he left in the first second third place, couldn't get a game in a shit league and doesn't fit in to the system our new manager wants to play.

Oh but he held it up in the corner for a few minutes and has a catchy song, yeah brilliant
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He will get sent off v Millwall. Fact.
  • Options
    If he is back and available I hope he gets some time on the pitch for us.
    He may have issues but underneath the attitude is a lot of talent.
    Right now it's quite possible we could be headed for league two - if Watt can have a couple of star moments it might make all the difference in staying in League One.
  • Options

We are limited on songs
    He has a song
    Get him in the team

How does it go again?
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Well if we're paying the majority of Watt's wage then it makes sense he plays for Charlton especially if Robinson feels he can get the best out of him. I thought he left as he wanted to be in Scotland though.

Lets get one thing clear - this isn't a new signing, so if Roland thinks he can pocket the money from Lookman and plug the holes in our squad with previous cast outs and young loanees then he's very much mistaken.

The Valley won't be a "social meeting place" for me anytime soon so that's his only ambition failed.
  • Options
    Is he available to play today?
  • Options
    On his day, he improves our starting 11 massively.just depends on how many days he chooses to fancy it
  • Options
    Sad to see it not work out for Tony AGAIN. He has the talent to put a crowd on its feet, but attitude is his downfall. I loved watching him in his pomp, but many times saw a disinterested strop. If Robinson can do a Curbishley on him, we still have the potential for a hero in the making. The crowd will give him the benefit of the doubt, but it will soon become frustrated if he returns to his poor attitude ways. We need grafters at this club. The position we are in is pivotal and Watt with his head on straight could kick start our season.

Welcome back Tony. Lets enjoy some 'Tony Time'.
  • Options
    Can't wait....TWWW
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    After all we are firing in the goals, so we don't need another striker, when he left in the summer some of the abuse he got on twitter was disgusting, hope the same fans don't cheer when he rifles a hat trick in against millwall ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

After all we are firing in the goals, so we don't need another striker, when he left in the summer some of the abuse he got on twitter was disgusting, hope the same fans don't cheer when he rifles a hat trick in against millwall ;)

Yes because he was prolific
  • Options
    If we are going to be shit, at least Tony can bring some entertainment. All for it.
  • Options
    On paper he's underwhelming at best, a proven and expensive flop at worst - but as a fan it's hard not to get excited about him coming back and (possibly) playing for us again. That's Tony Watt in a nutshell.
  • Options
    More than adequate replacement for Lookman if he can calm down and stay focussed. I hope he plays again with the belief and talent that he has in there, somewhere.
  • Options
    This comment on that Hearts forum sums it up well.

"Certainly has talent, but not the application, work rate or bravery to make it.

It's up to him as to whether he disappears out the game or not"
  • Options
    If he's back we might as well try and use him, but the lad's had numerous chances all over the shop, and just hasn't 'done it' for more than half a dozen games anywher he has been.

Do what we can with him, but get shot once that contract expires.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Watt is a confidence player with an attitude ... Playing in front of 5-9k people in a soulless atmosphere and stadium is hardly what watt thrives on!

Well he did grow up playing in the SPL..
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Watt is a confidence player with an attitude ... Playing in front of 5-9k people in a soulless atmosphere and stadium is hardly what watt thrives on!

Well he ain't going to like The Valley when he comes back then!
  • Options
    I asked Hearts fans opinion on the Pie 'n Bovril forum. Only 2 responses:

"After looking decent in his early games for us, he's been disappointing, and his finishing is really poor, so I wouldn't be too bothered or surprised to see him go."

"Same here. A talented but headless chicken"

No surprises there. However, I still want to believe in him and if he does come back I hope he'll be getting the fans out of their seats for all the right reasons