Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Watt returns (a wishful thinking thread)

Comments

• Options
    He's a maverick. Hopefully spark some life in to the changing room and on the pitch. Shame I won't be going to see him play.
  • Options
    The club is in flux, with an imminent transfer window and a manager still trying to establish himself as credible and take the players forward.
    Why throw a disruptive knob into the mix, especially one we already jogged on.
  • Options
    To be fair, he did well at Cardiff and would have signed permanently there if it wasn't for the transfer embargo

The manager there, Russell Slade...
  • Options
    Fit and motivated he is surely an asset, all I would add is don't forget it's a team game.
  • Options
    As most have already said, has a huge ability but his off-field antics really haven't helped him at all. Doubt KR will be able to tame him, might buy him a pint or two though ;-)
  • Options
    Hey Tony, Fancy a Beevie!!
  • Options

He's a maverick. Hopefully spark some life in to the changing room and on the pitch. Shame I won't be going to see him play.

You lot are worse than vegans... We get it, you're boycotting, you don't have to keep telling everyone
  • Options
    https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/367852/tony-watt-has-left-hearts-and-returned-to-parent-club-charlton/

Interesting twist. According to this rag KR wanted to sign him in the summer.

Also points out that he's out of contract in the summer.
  • Options
    Who in there right mind would want to come back he got absolutely ripped a new one on twitter when he left for hearts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Welcome Tony.
  • Options
    Would love him back, one of my favourite players during this period.

Won't hold my breath though as he's disappointed me far too many times by signing somewhere else.
  • Options
    Watt is a confidence player with an attitude ... Playing in front of 5-9k people in a soulless atmosphere and stadium is hardly what watt thrives on!
  • Options
    Can he go straight in today? If nothing else to make up the numbers...!
  • Options
    Maybe a different attitude this time around? Didn't he reportedly fall out with Hendo? Hendo isn't here anymore. Not sure If there were frictions between Watt and Jackson. But as Jackson is the captain he can surely see what a fit and interested Watt could bring to the team.

• Options
    Watt coming back as a part exchange deal to MK Dons for their two players? Wasn't Robbie Nielsen the Hearts manager?
  • Options
    On his day he's one of the best players in this league, although how many of those days will he produce as others have said we scraped a 1-0 win against mk dons, setting the league on fire we aint, I would consider us very lucky to make the playoffs, so think we could do with all the help we can get. Think @croydonaddick could be spot on regarding mk dons.
  • Options
    I'm not holding my breath but Tony could turn our season around. On his game he's a bums off seat player.

Just seems so unlikely that it's going to happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think he is just coming back to be sold. I hope the Club can get rid of chaff like Ba, Johnson, Ceballos, Watt in this transfer window, but I doubt it.
  • Options

He's a crowd pleaser, so maybe he's being brought back on jacko's advice to try and get the crowd back on board??

New steward supervisors being advertised for.
    Maybe, just maybe the club have realised they've lost the fans.

He's not being "brought back" he's been sent back. Stick his name in a twitter search and see what Hearts fans say about him over the last couple of months , it's not great.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

He's a crowd pleaser, so maybe he's being brought back on jacko's advice to try and get the crowd back on board??

New steward supervisors being advertised for.
    Maybe, just maybe the club have realised they've lost the fans.

He's not being "brought back" he's been sent back. Stick his name in a twitter search and see what Hearts fans say about him over the last couple of months , it's not great.
    Oh dear, just what our dressing room needs.
  • Options
    The cloooob is paying his wages and he now has little time left on his contract, also he is a striker and scoring goals is a problem fo KR's team. A typical player for us.
    So I say welcome back but he may just be picking up balls around the training pitch. I wonder what his team mates think of him and his antics?
  • Options
    I was excited when he first came to Charlton. I loved him when he wanted to play football (for us), now I just think it's a ploy to try and fool us. Or that he's outworn his welcome in auld reekie.
    So it's a yawn from me. With an inner wish he finally gets over his demons and becomes a reliable source of goals for us.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

I think at the end of his career, which may not be too far away, he will only have 'that' goal against Barcelona as his highlight.

He may look back with regret at what might have been but only himself to blame with his attitude or he may just blame everyone else.

We've had other players with far less ability but they had a good attitude and gave everything for the team, i.e Kish, John Robinson, Kinsella, Stuart and more.

If I'm honest, if my only highlight of my career as a footballer were to score a 90th minute winner at Celtic Park against the greatest team the world will ever see, Barcelona, then I think I'd be pretty satisfied with myself and now many people can say they've even scored against Barcelona so there you go.
    But yeah, Tony Watt is 23 now and we all know he has the talent and the hunger to perform at a high standard but when things aren't going his way then he goes that way too, Watt could tear this League apart if he wanted to he's just gotta keep a cool head!

• Options
    I'm sure that Robinson wants to have a good look at Watt. Why wouldn't he. I'm sure he knows just as we do what Tony is capable of. I also suspect that Karl thinks he can get the lads head right and get the best out of him although I doubt he's the first to think that. Watt is our player so why not give KR a crack at getting the best out of him.

Sadly for us and Tony I doubt a happy outcome.

• Options
    Hearts fans on Watt http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/165959-tony-watt/

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/367852/tony-watt-has-left-hearts-and-returned-to-parent-club-charlton/

Interesting twist. According to this rag KR wanted to sign him in the summer.

Also points out that he's out of contract in the summer.

Club said 3.5 year deal in January 2018. Could also be 2.5 years with an optional year I guess.