Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Parking ticket

Comments

• I would say you are at fault legally, but if you submit proof of your error they may refund some or all of the fine.
  • By paying it for you they have denied your right to appeal? Not sure what the t's & c's were of the loan car are though, just a thought
  • bang to rights on both counts I'd say.

You didnt enter a reg no (you must have known this - did you not think "I dont know the reg no, its a courtesy car......better check it first". I've only just rememberd my reg & I've had the car 2 years !

and then the t&c's you signed with Audi would have said that they pay the fines & charge you a fee for doing so.
  • Ask them for the return of the money you paid to park the car.

You didnt enter a reg no (you must have known this - did you not think "I dont know the reg no, its a courtesy car......better check it first". I've only just rememberd my reg & I've had the car 2 years !

and then the t&c's you signed with Audi would have said that they pay the fines & charge you a fee for doing so.

Smart arse.
    I did enter the courtesy car number, I had to set up a "PaybyPhone" account but the process stopped when it picked up i already had a PayByPhone account set up ages ago. I had to get a new password via my mobile phone to use the account and I was on the move rushing to catch a train losing the will to live by that stage. It probably showed the vehicle number and asked me to confirm before I committed but I obviously missed it. It used the pre registered vehicle on the account and i can see now that I would have had to "ADD" the loan car to the account to be able to pay.
  • Just checked and I paid by "Paybyphone" app which has activity history and confirms i paid using the stored reg number of my own car, not the hire car.

Annoying i have done this many times with ringo, either accidentally used another reg - Old car/ Friends car paid for, also wrong road (was a road away) pretty annoying when you pay for parking and come back to a parking ticket :(

Still do it far too much, gets expensive!

You're all heart golfie
  • clb74 said:

bang to rights on both counts I'd say.

You're all heart golfie
    No, just hate people moaning about stuff thats their own fault & trying to get out of their obligations.

I had a big problem with a parking ticket issue. Last year I got a baliff's letter saying they were chasing an outstanding payment of around £500 from me regarding non payment of a parking ticket issued by Bexley council, who had employed said baliffs to get their money after court proceedings. As I always pay any tickets & certainly would never get as far as going to court I challenged the validity of it. Transpires ticket came from the car park next to Marriott hotel in Bexleyheath where we parked to get the coach for the away game v Ipswich the year before. I knew we had put a ticket on the car from the pay & display machine & there certainly wasnt a yellow pcn ticket on the windscreen when we got back that evening.

Cut a very long story short I got the baliffs to hold fire whilst I contested it & after countless attempts to get copies from the council of the pcn I finally got an email from them saying "ticket not issued in accordance with t&c's....case closed" I can only assume that the parking attendant never attached my part of the pcn to my car & the whole docket was still intact and/or noticed the pay & display ticket was in fact valid (hence why no pcn on car). CCJ was cancelled & all's well in the world now.
  • clb74 said:

bang to rights on both counts I'd say.

You're all heart golfie
    No, just hate people moaning about stuff thats their own fault & trying to get out of their obligations.

I had a big problem with a parking ticket issue. Last year I got a baliff's letter saying they were chasing an outstanding payment of around £500 from me regarding non payment of a parking ticket issued by Bexley council, who had employed said baliffs to get their money after court proceedings. As I always pay any tickets & certainly would never get as far as going to court I challenged the validity of it. Transpires ticket came from the car park next to Marriott hotel in Bexleyheath where we parked to get the coach for the away game v Ipswich the year before. I knew we had put a ticket on the car from the pay & display machine & there certainly wasnt a yellow pcn ticket on the windscreen when we got back that evening.

Cut a very long story short I got the baliffs to hold fire whilst I contested it & after countless attempts to get copies from the council of the pcn I finally got an email from them saying "ticket not issued in accordance with t&c's....case closed" I can only assume that the parking attendant never attached my part of the pcn to my car & the whole docket was still intact and/or noticed the pay & display ticket was in fact valid (hence why no pcn on car). CCJ was cancelled & all's well in the world now.
    So you were too dim to check if you had to pay for parking and avoided your obligations to pay the fine on a technicality. Hate people who avoid their obligations to pay a fine on a technicality. You should have asked for the penalty notice to be issued correctly so you could pay the fine. Hypocrite.
    Golfie said “I knew we had put a ticket on the car from the pay & display machine & there certainly wasnt a yellow pcn ticket on the windscreen when we got back that evening“

What more can he do
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2018
    Problem is Golfie if you display such little social skills when conversing with others then don’t be surprised when they then look to do it back to you.

Good luck @Dippenhall
  • @Todds_right_hook and @FishCostaFortune what we’re the outcome of yours?
  • edited October 2018
    He's hardly trying to get out of his obligations is he? He paid for parking, just not the right car reg, and has also now been fined, so he's simply asking for advice on if there's anything that can be done.
  • I'm actually scared to park in certain places now and me and the wife always check and double check everything.
    I took my son over to kings college hospital on Tuesday found a parking space.
    £6 for 2 hours
    Time was 14.45 put the £6 in and expiry said 17.20.
    Near chislehurst train station on the main road they've put parking restrictions in.
    They've got 2 stupid little signs either end of the long parking bay.
    It was only by chance last week we pulled up by the the sign that we see the parking sign if we'd parked in the middle we wouldn't of seen the sign.
  • Agree with Chris. If you pay for a service with good intent but erroneously don't tick all the ingeneously convoluted boxes you shouldn't be liable. I'm sure the LAW would agree but councils rely on the cost and hassle of being called to account to avoid fairness.
  • @Todds_right_hook and @FishCostaFortune what we’re the outcome of yours?

I sucked it up and just paid.

My father on the other hand had a similar incident to mine when parking behind Eltham Leisure Centre. He sent lots of letters, and FOI requests asking to see how many more drivers had been caught since they changed the rules and not really advertised them. After all that he still ended up having to pay though.
  • Just received a PCN for going down Cornhill and through the Bank junction. I don't remember seeing a sign. Has this happened to anybody else on here? I have a photo but it is just a blob.
  • Redhenry said:

Just received a PCN for going down Cornhill and through the Bank junction. I don't remember seeing a sign. Has this happened to anybody else on here? I have a photo but it is just a blob.

just round the back of my office, I believe there's a small sign restricting it to Buses and Taxi's between certain times.
  • Thanks @Elthamaddick are there any road markings?
  • Redhenry said:

Just received a PCN for going down Cornhill and through the Bank junction. I don't remember seeing a sign. Has this happened to anybody else on here? I have a photo but it is just a blob.

I've only ever been through on foot but there's plenty of signs that say buses and taxis only between certain times. Think they've got you bang to rights.
  • Sponsored links:

• am sure I read even taxis are banned
  • Redhenry said:

Not good news,i'm afraid,only buses & cycles allowed through Bank junction 07.00 until 19.00 Monday to Friday.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/transport/ban-on-vehicles-at-lethal-bank-junction-raises-10million-in-fines-a3900381.html
    https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/services/transport-and-streets/Pages/bank-junction-restrictions-penalties.aspx
  • edited January 2019
    Taxis are also banned across the Bank interchange. Buses only. Pretty ridiculous imo especially when Cannon Street, princes street, Leadenhall Street also have closures.
  • Thanks, went through in the dark @ 705 am :(
  • Parked in the Apcoa car park next to Purely station a few weeks ago.  Went to the ticket machine which was an internet based one and buffered constantly for several minutes not allowing me to use it.  Walked across the car park to the other machine which was doing the same.  There was a website link on the machine so I went to pay on there and it was saying it could not find the car park location (I have a screen shot of that but sadly not the buffering ticket machines).  Having tried everything I had to dash to a meeting I was now late for.  

Surprise surprise, I then got a ticket through the door, so appealed.  Just been told my appeal has failed as they say that they are not at fault for having ticket machines that do not work and when I could not pay I should have left the car park immediately in my car.

I have approached my local MP who said he would write a letter but also said he has never successfully appealed against a parking fine.  This racket needs proper regulation, it's a disgrace and £60 I could do without spending out at this time of year.  Gggrrr.
  • Unless it is a council car park don’t pay it. 
  • edited December 2021
    Have never seen this thread but just skimmed through and I made a similar mistake to some on here. Parked in Bexleyheath. Mrs paid on the app. Come back to a parking ticket. She had paid for the car that was at home on the driveway and not the one we were in.

In laws said just pay the council the fine. I said appeal. We appealed and were let off. 30 quid still in my pocket and not the councils. Always appeal even if you are bang to rights. You have nothing to lose.
  • MrOneLung said:
    Unless it is a council car park don’t pay it. 
    This.

The 'parking contract' is with the driver not the vehicle. Can they prove who the driver was?
  • Have never seen this thread but just skimmed through and I made a similar mistake to some on here. Parked in Bexleyheath. Mrs paid on the app. Come back to a parking ticket. She had paid for the car that was at home on the driveway and not the one we were in.

In laws said just pay the council the fine. I said appeal. We appealed and were let off. 30 quid still in my pocket and not the councils. Always appeal even if you are bang to rights. You have nothing to lose.
    Did this also a while back,  stating the wrong car I had put in they would not have any camera footage of being in there because it was at home 
  • If a ticket uses the word “penalty” - then pay or appeal. 
    If this word does not appear on the ticket - I always ignore it. 
    In my experience, they write to you for 2 years - then they give up.