Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Everton agree fee for Lookman (ed. Gone)

edited January 2017 in General Charlton
(Sure it's probably covered in another thread, but...)

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/14017/everton-agree-terms-ademola-lookman-charlton-teen-star-needs-wrap-personal-terms/

No loan back, and personal terms still to agree

Comments

• Options
    But Liar,Liar said he was staying.
  • Options
    Great news!
  • Options
    Wonder if there will be a sell on fee...

Obviously joining Everton means one thing: If he's going to progress further then he will join a much bigger team than Everton and being English will command an even higher fee which Roland could get a decent amount for.

If he was to join Man City / Man Utd then you could understand that fee not being there because they may not sell him unless its to a team lower than them for a smaller amount because he's not reached his potential
  • Options
    Sell on fee payable to Staprix regardless of whether involvement with Charlton exists...
  • Options

Wonder if there will be a sell on fee...

Obviously joining Everton means one thing: If he's going to progress further then he will join a much bigger team than Everton and being English will command an even higher fee which Roland could get a decent amount for.

If he was to join Man City / Man Utd then you could understand that fee not being there because they may not sell him unless its to a team lower than them for a smaller amount because he's not reached his potential

If there is a sell on fee, that means Roland intends to stay a long time so that he will financially benefit.

No sell on fee, he is going soon.

I can only hope :wink:
  • Options
    WIOTOS
  • Options

Red Henry saying the fee will be raising to £5.7m on the transfer thread.

Remember Meire claimed to have turned down £6m in the summer.

Yeah but we were a Championship side in the Summer!! - Duh!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Red Henry saying the fee will be rising to £5.7m on the transfer thread.

Remember Meire claimed to have turned down £6m in the summer.

You must have misunderstood her.

She said six million. Currency was never mentioned.

I was told Palace made two bids on deadline day - one of £4m followed by one of £6m. This was from a Palace insider.

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Not worried, he said he will stay so obviously he's not going to leave...
  • Options
    £10m according to the BBC. Obvs not all up front though. Transfers rarely are.
  • Options
    So why the need to sell him now when according to reports\rumours and 'informed opinion' that more money was offered in the summer!
    Keep on hearing how rich this owner is but this looks like a move to try and 'balance the books', Will he really be worth that much less in the summer, Why the rush to flog him off. I am sure most of this deal will be with add on's, and in 10 years time we might get to a figure that tells us the actual fee? .

Of course that also to me shows a complete lack of ambition by this regime to gain promotion, by flogging off every player, as has been the case or recent years, with Poyet, Gomez,etc.

Good luck to the lad, really not concerned with the 'personal terms' issue, just concerned with what we are left with and how strong we are as a team.
    Depressing, and a complete lack of ambition to me, the kid has talent, no doubt, he had that 4-5 years ago when a team I was managing played against him.
    Knew he was going to leave, but really what was the rush, sounds as though the cash was just too tempting eh!......

• Options
    Wow. Didn't see that one coming. Daisy played them cards close to her chest.
    At least without Lookman, (and the very best of luck to him), we will look more like a mid table 3rd division team.
  • Options
    Splodge said:

£10m according to the BBC. Obvs not all up front though. Transfers rarely are.

I'd rip your arm off if even four of those millions were up front.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

To be honest, all previous owners would probably accept a £10m deal. The test will be what is done with part of the money. Look at what Powell did with the Jenkinson money. This league is poor and finding players better than it shouldn't be difficult if you can pay for them. This is the part where Dreisen needs to lose his internet connection and the club needs to trust KR. I am not optimistic.

With the right scouting, how much money do we think is needed from the £10m to have a squad capable of promotion from League One? I guess maybe £2-3m? That should get us the 3-5 decent players we need to give the squad more depth and balance and more energy and creativity in midfield. Novak, Ajose, Magennis, Solly, Bauer, Teixeira, Pearce, Jackson, Holmes can all do a job at this level. Improving the midfield should make a major difference.
  • Options
    Makes sense to get this move done and dusted early. I would imagine that if I was manager and was given £4m, I would probably take us up from our current position, so am pretty confident KR can do it with 2 or 3m. But he needs to be able to bring in teh players he thinks he needs!
  • Options
    Does anyone know if any of this fee will have to go back to Waterloo FC (where Lookman was signed from)? Surely they will be due a chunk as the developing club? Nice windfall for them...
  • Options
    Don't understand why we're selling him. If he wants to go, fair enough. But out owner is supposedly minted, so we don't need the cash.
    And won't be able to attract a player at this level who could control that Croft pass and finish for three points against MK
  • Options
    £6m with all the money flying around in the top flight is a joke, but can't say I am surprised
  • Options
    Splodge said:

To be honest, all previous owners would probably accept a £10m deal. The test will be what is done with part of the money. Look at what Powell did with the Jenkinson money. This league is poor and finding players better than it shouldn't be difficult if you can pay for them. This is the part where Dreisen needs to lose his internet connection and the club needs to trust KR. I am not optimistic.

With the right scouting, how much money do we think is needed from the £10m to have a squad capable of promotion from League One? I guess maybe £2-3m? That should get us the 3-5 decent players we need to give the squad more depth and balance and more energy and creativity in midfield. Novak, Ajose, Magennis, Solly, Bauer, Teixeira, Pearce, Jackson, Holmes can all do a job at this level. Improving the midfield should make a major difference.
    We've got Mowgli Driesen :disappointed: