Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What is our debt to Staprix going to be next quarter?

Comments

• edited March 2017

Still nothing at Companies House, as far as I can see. One week to go...

I think there's a time lag between the date they are lodged and the date their are processed and published, which I would guess is longer at this time of year. So it's not necessarily the case we will see them by March 31st, even if they have been submitted.
    Do you think that, if there is a possible sale of the club going on behind the scenes, there might be any logical reason why it might cause a delay to submission of the accounts? I'm not suggesting it might be because they're trying to hide bad results.
    Not really, if DD is underway the latest financials will form an integral part of this and even if not signed off, at least a draft set of figures should have been prepared by now albeit not in the public domain.

Furthermore sight of quarterly mananagement figures will no doubt also have been requested for examination for end September and December, with this year's first quarter's figures due soon.

Edit; of course whilst the accounts are likely to reveal a worsening trading position propped up by further funding we shouldn't forget that they are only a snapshot of a business at a given point in time i.e. 30th June.

This year's accounts will have the benefit of the Lookman, Fox, and maybe some or all of the Gudmundson, Pope, Harriott and Cousins transfer income.
  • edited March 2017
    The accounts due are to 30th June 2016, so won't include Lookman & Fox transfer fees (I think).
  • edited March 2017

The accounts due are to 30th June 2016, so won't include Lookman & Fox transfer fees (I think).

Agreed I should perhaps have said the 'current* financial year's accounts' rather than 'this years' ie to *30/06/17.
  • So, they should be depicted in a very bad light then.
  • No news then?
  • Does anyone have last years figures available?
    So, that means we only know the 'debt' to 30th June 2015 ?
  • Does anyone have last years figures available?
    So, that means we only know the 'debt' to 30th June 2015 ?

Probably. But Staprix year end is, well the year end. So if anyone can decipher their accounts then it takes the position up to December 2015. Here they are if anyone is interested. https://companyweb.be/pdfjrca.asp?login=GRATIS&pdf=201636600354N.pdf&key=14b19b8572136020db7072f9516487c2&vat=470936285
  • tick,tock.
    if anybody gets wind of the numbrs , post them quickly on here.
  • Still nothing at Companies House, as far as I can see. One week to go...

I think there's a time lag between the date they are lodged and the date their are processed and published, which I would guess is longer at this time of year. So it's not necessarily the case we will see them by March 31st, even if they have been submitted.
    It seems to be roughly a week between documents submitted to CH electronically actually appearing online. At least it took a week for a confirmation statement of mine to show, and a secretaries resignation at my last employer.
  • LuckyReds said:

Still nothing at Companies House, as far as I can see. One week to go...

It seems to be roughly a week between documents submitted to CH electronically actually appearing online. At least it took a week for a confirmation statement of mine to show, and a secretaries resignation at my last employer.
    Anyone know how long it took Katrien's resignation to show up...?
  • Sponsored links:

• What is our debt to Staprix going to be next quarter?

We can only hope that it is effectively written off with Staprix and its septuagenarian shitforbrains president fading memories for all we addickted.
    Hope.
    The silent killer.
  • edited March 2017
    £13.5M loss.

Accounts filed for year ending June 2016

Key Points
    · The club recorded a loss for the year of £13.5m, compared to a loss of £4.0m the previous year. The increase in loss was primarily due to:
    o Increased football costs of nearly £4.0m spent primarily on player salaries and transfers as the club spent money in January to try and maintain Championship status
    o A conscious decision not to sell players during the season to try and maintain Championship status. For the 2015/16 season, the net income generated for Charlton Athletic through player trading was a negligible £39,000, the Championship average was £4.7m (from figures published to date). The report does not include 2016 summer player sales, which generated income of £6.1m and will be recognised in the 2016/17 accounts
    · The report stated: “This financial result [is] reflective of the disappointing season on the pitch."
    · These levels of losses are clearly unsustainable and will not be repeated
    · Operating loss does not include player trading and interest. The club’s operating loss at £12.6m is marginally below the Championship average of £14.2m (from figures published to date)
    · The report also stated the club has completely cleared bank debt. This is for the first time since 1998
    · The club was fully compliant with Financial Fair Play rules
    · For the year ending 30th June 2016, the club recorded a 3% increase in turnover from £11.8m to £12.1m
    · Central income, which consists of EFL and Premier League central distributions, totalled £5.0m, a 19% increase. Matchday income was down 9% due to a decrease in attendances and fan discontent, leading to reduced purchases at The Valley on matchdays. Commercial income was up 11%, while other income was down 9%
    · The 2015/16 season was “another highly productive season for player development, progression and team performance at academy level”. This produced:
    o Five academy debutants over the course of the season - including Ademola Lookman, who made 24 appearances last season and went on to be selected by England for the UEFA U19 Championships last summer before joining Everton in January
    o The U18 team retained the Professional Development League 2 national title, finishing second in the league
    o The U21 team won the Professional Development League 2 South title
    o Over the last three years, Charlton rank seventh of all 92 professional clubs in terms of Premier League Productivity Data

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-football-club-accounts-june-2016-3649509.aspx#Uj95c2SdGSRYBd7j.99
  • Which is why he had to take the money for Lookman in January.
  • msomerton said:

Which is why he had to take the money for Lookman in January.

Which presumably KM already knew when she said he was not going to be sold.
  • Charlton Athletic Football Club has today filed the financial statements for the period ending 30th June 2016 at Companies House.

The key points from these accounts have been summarised below.

Key Points
    · The club recorded a loss for the year of £13.5m, compared to a loss of £4.0m the previous year. The increase in loss was primarily due to:
    o Increased football costs of nearly £4.0m spent primarily on player salaries and transfers as the club spent money in January to try and maintain Championship status
    o A conscious decision not to sell players during the season to try and maintain Championship status. For the 2015/16 season, the net income generated for Charlton Athletic through player trading was a negligible £39,000, the Championship average was £4.7m (from figures published to date). The report does not include 2016 summer player sales, which generated income of £6.1m and will be recognised in the 2016/17 accounts
    · The report stated: “This financial result [is] reflective of the disappointing season on the pitch."
    · These levels of losses are clearly unsustainable and will not be repeated
    · Operating loss does not include player trading and interest. The club’s operating loss at £12.6m is marginally below the Championship average of £14.2m (from figures published to date)
    · The report also stated the club has completely cleared bank debt. This is for the first time since 1998
    · The club was fully compliant with Financial Fair Play rules
    · For the year ending 30th June 2016, the club recorded a 3% increase in turnover from £11.8m to £12.1m
    · Central income, which consists of EFL and Premier League central distributions, totalled £5.0m, a 19% increase. Matchday income was down 9% due to a decrease in attendances and fan discontent, leading to reduced purchases at The Valley on matchdays. Commercial income was up 11%, while other income was down 9%
    · The 2015/16 season was “another highly productive season for player development, progression and team performance at academy level”. This produced:
    o Five academy debutants over the course of the season - including Ademola Lookman, who made 24 appearances last season and went on to be selected by England for the UEFA U19 Championships last summer before joining Everton in January
    o The U18 team retained the Professional Development League 2 national title, finishing second in the league
    o The U21 team won the Professional Development League 2 South title
    o Over the last three years, Charlton rank seventh of all 92 professional clubs in terms of Premier League Productivity Data
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-football-club-accounts-june-2016-3649509.aspx#2C5dTVOmIjUJrqjy.99
  • edited March 2017
    No details of the debt outstanding to Staprix which in the last set of annual accounts was circa £38m as not recorded at Companies House yet. Hopefully a more in depth analysis should be possible when available on line within the next seven days.

Edit; Oops no need to wait for them on line they're already available on the OS :blush:
  • What is Premier League Productivity?
  • Sponsored links:

• stonemuse said:

What is Premier League Productivity?

Ok found it in report.
  • edited March 2017
    Page 24 of report - £55.7m debt to Staprix, as l read it.
  • stonemuse said:

What is Premier League Productivity?

Buzz words for player farming? :smirk:
  • edited March 2017
    So, operating loss = 13.5 million, debt to Staprix up 15.5, from 40.1 to 55.6. Presumably that reflects converting debt to banks, etc, to debt to RD. Total debt now a mere 65.2 (up from 49.6).

55.6 = 21.6 from date of acquisition, balance = cash funds injected plus 3% capitalised interest.
  • With Roland getting £781k in interest on the Staprix debt.
  • "These levels of losses are clearly unsustainable and will not be repeated" - bullshit.
  • "These levels of losses are clearly unsustainable and will not be repeated" - bullshit.

Presumably they won't because of the revenue from player sales.
  • edited March 2017
    "Since the year end the disposal of players' registrations has generated income of £6,057,000." (see note 21 on page 26).
  • Is the £623k for staff restructuring Slade's pay off?
  • david2206 said:

Page 24 of report - £55.7m debt to Staprix, as l read it.

So, that's what the selling price is, I guess