Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January (2017) Transfer (Rumours) Thread - (Deadline Dayfrom page 67)

Comments

• Options
    Valley11 said:

I wonder if KRs comments about Reeves are to push a deal closer this side of the transfer deadline?

Well duh. He's openly taunting them with his free transfer in the summer talk. Bet them and their fans are proper irate with him rn
  • Options
    When can he sign a pre-contract? I thought it was in the last 6 months of the contract so probably in the very near future as a lot sign pre season.
  • Options
    If MK are prepared to let Reeves run down his contract and walk for free in the summer then they are totally mad.

There will be a few clubs interested in him so they have no chance of him staying with them.

I suspect it's a bit of brinkmanship by MK. I find it hard to believe that they won't be looking to do business by the last few days of the window.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

When can he sign a pre-contract? I thought it was in the last 6 montehs of the contract so probably in the very near future as a lot sign pre season.

6 months for players outside England, 1 month for players based in England
  • Options
    Aha! Found it. This should be a very gratifying read :D

http://www.concreteroundabout.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=19434
  • Options

If MK are prepared to let Reeves run down his contract and walk for free in the summer then they are totally mad.

There will be a few clubs interested in him so they have no chance of him staying with them.

I suspect it's a bit of brinkmanship by MK. I find it hard to believe that they won't be looking to do business by the last few days of the window.

A bit like us 3 years ago, Dale was sold at the end of the window, Hamer didn't leave and went in the summer on a free
  • Options
    They might think they need him to stay up - then is is cost effective keeping him!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I'd keep Ajose personally, just because we can't get the best out of him yet, doesn't mean the right manager won't.

tbh we've seen him play in different positions, under two different managers, but he just hasn't really impressed. It's possible he might improve under a different manager, but if we recruit well (big if) he'll be surplus to requirements imho.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

jdmotion said:

Dazzler21 said:

I'd keep Ajose personally, just because we can't get the best out of him yet, doesn't mean the right manager won't.

tbh we've seen him play in different positions, under two different managers, but he just hasn't really impressed. It's possible he might improve under a different manager, but if we recruit well (big if) he'll be surplus to requirements imho.
    He was diabolical at Southend, didn't put in any effort at all.
    The game changed completely after he went off and we were finally 11 v 11.
    To be fair it was also cos we brought on an actual winger in Botaka and went 4-4-2 to give magennis support up front
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/14908/charlton-boss-sheffield-united-got-cheaper-deal-got-quoted-mk-midfielder/

Didn't see this elsewhere. Is it just me or since this lot came in as owners have we missed out on more players than usual or do they just like to publicise it More? (This is despite the 200 odd players that have passed through our doors in the 3 years!)
  • Options
    sm said:

Feed Ajose and he will score he grab 20 league goals for us this yesr

Stop feeding Novak and he might score as well.
    I think he's followed the same diet plan as Igor...
  • Options

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/14908/charlton-boss-sheffield-united-got-cheaper-deal-got-quoted-mk-midfielder/

Didn't see this elsewhere. Is it just me or since this lot came in as owners have we missed out on more players than usual or do they just like to publicise it More? (This is despite the 200 odd players that have passed through our doors in the 3 years!)

I'd be skeptical of this, I don't know that KR knows any of that for a fact, or if he is speaking literally or metaphorically about players going to Charlton costing him more.

Who was it in the summer that we missed out on despite offering more? Also, I think we offered less to Novak and Ajose, or maybe it was that Champo clubs were after them and we got them.

Add to that the fact that, as we've talked about a lot with the Lookman deal, transfers can come down a lot to how deals are structured, and I wouldn't necessarily put too much weight into this kind of stuff. Same with us bidding low for Moncur in the summer and now Dempsey, I think reported fees can be misleading.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

I'd be skeptical of this, I don't know that KR knows any of that for a fact, or if he is speaking literally or metaphorically about players going to Charlton costing him more.

Who was it in the summer that we missed out on despite offering more? Also, I think we offered less to Novak and Ajose, or maybe it was that Champo clubs were after them and we got them.

Add to that the fact that, as we've talked about a lot with the Lookman deal, transfers can come down a lot to how deals are structured, and I wouldn't necessarily put too much weight into this kind of stuff. Same with us bidding low for Moncur in the summer and now Dempsey, I think reported fees can be misleading.
    I'm not. The biggest difference between us and Sheffield United? They hadn't (or were just about to) sell one of their players for £11 million.

Of course they were going to ask for more. And I don't blame them.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Moncur chose not to join us as he felt Slade's tactics wouldn't suit his style of play.

• Options

SDAddick said:

I'm not. The biggest difference between us and Sheffield United? They hadn't (or were just about to) sell one of their players for £11 million.

If we had a competent CEO who could negotiate a transfer it wouldn't be a problem.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

If we had a competent CEO who could negotiate a transfer it wouldn't be a problem.
    So I think the fees we got for Gomez, JBG, and maybe Cousins (although apparently QPR were the only team in for him) were really low, but @East_Stand_Loopy makes an excellent point, it was well publicized that we had/were about to sell a player for £11m. That is of course going to add a "Charlton Tax" to any transfer fee, as it does when clubs like Chelsea, City, United, etc. (or really any Prem club these days) go in for a player at a smaller club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I suppose it could be said that Charlton applied an 'Everton/Sky TV/premiership' tax themselves. It seems pretty understandable that hearing we got a lot of money in, that others up their prices.
  • Options
    Is BA trailing out for this team..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ykBIyEnS_js
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I suppose it could be said that Charlton applied an 'Everton/Sky TV/premiership' tax themselves. It seems pretty understandable that hearing we got a lot of money in, that others up their prices.

Don't they know who our owner is?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

How do you mean? That because the fee was public Charlton brought this on themselves? Given the fee popped up a lot in the press, I don't know that there was anything the club could do. And even if it wasn't public, there might still have been a "you just sold your best player to a Prem club" tax.
  • Options
    I don't mean anybody is particularly at fault, well beyond the generality of stupid money all over football, what I mean is clubs unsurprisingly charge more if they think the buying club can afford it and will pay.
    Everton are awash with money compared to most teams, and Charlton are too compared to a lot of the other teams. Selling clubs all over football try to squeeze as much as they can.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I don't mean anybody is particularly at fault, well beyond the generality of stupid money all over football, what I mean is clubs unsurprisingly charge more if they think the buying club can afford it and will pay.
    Everton are awash with money compared to most teams, and Charlton are too compared to a lot of the other teams. Selling clubs all over football try to squeeze as much as they can.

Agreed, very well put.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

And this régime try to keep incoming transfer fees undisclosed, as the previous one did. Now, I don't trust this lot as far as I could kick them, but I can see the sense in this. On the other hand, Katie's "We bid £millions for so-and-so but couldn't get the deal over the line" is just so much hot air.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

And this régime try to keep incoming transfer fees undisclosed, as the previous one did. Now, I don't trust this lot as far as I could kick them, but I can see the sense in this. On the other hand, Katie's "We bid £millions for so-and-so but couldn't get the deal over the line" is just so much hot air.
    But it's not just this regime, it's every club in every division in every country, every one tries to keep transfer fees undisclosed.
  • Options
    In such a close community as football, I would think that if anyone really wants to know what a fee was they could soon find out.
  • Options
    Imagine this story has been given to the media by mk dons as they tout Reeves about in a bid to seek an alternative buyer to Charlton.

Hopefully KR has a good back up as I worry he will also follow carruthers by ending up elsewhere in the last week of the window.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4092592/Ben-Reeves-MK-Dons-man-swap-League-One-Premier-League.html